About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

high rise building ventilation shaft/ old Chinese courtyard

Cecil Lee

• Staff

I'm wondering, is there any issue when a building has a huge internal ventilation shaft in the middle of the building? A screenshot is attached.

Someone told me that they thought that it wouldn't be a problem to have the center palace of a building to be "empty" because old Chinese houses have central courtyards (a picture is attached), but I'm wondering how the interpretation of their function would be different.

I'm thinking that the courtyard in the old Chinese houses might absorb the chi and distribute the chi to its surroundings and the central courtyard is accessible to the people who live there but the air shaft in modern buildings like the one in the picture is not accessible to the building's inhabitants (air shaft is only visible from the inside of the apartments, if the bathroom windows are open).

I had thought that the center mansion deals with Health and Energy and the center palace in flying stars feng shui is Heaven’s Heart, so I don't know if there any issue if the central space of the building is "empty" due to the air shaft in both 8 mansions feng shui and flying stars feng shui. Would the air shaft affect the ability of the chi to enter all the building?

I'm not even getting in to flying stars on the apartment at this point but trying to understand how the macrocosm of a building with a air shaft would affect the chi and the prospect of the place to be a good place to live in general, to begin with.

In terms of the flying stars of this type of high rise building, where there is more than one segment/block and more than one entrance per segment/block, which may or may not coincide with the facing the each apartment, I don't know how to determine the correct flying stars chart for the building, but I'd be interested to know if even without knowing that, I can conclude anything from the existence of air shaft in the middle of the building.  

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

air shaft.JPG

old Chinese house.jpg

building entrances.JPG

Frankly, in my opinion, the "enclosed" court yard even in Singapore is common place.

One of the oldest is People's Park Complex which even has three air-wells. (The high-rise dwellings built around the late 1970's is just directly above the words "People's Park FC" (FC= Food Centre):- IMG_8830.thumb.PNG.e7e3b2c6229deea7c9986f6f049ab33b.PNG

There are som many other examples. And I simply took a random sample...

IMG_8822.PNG

IMG_8823.PNG

IMG_8824.PNG

IMG_8825.PNG

IMG_8829.PNG

IMG_8831.PNG

IMG_8832.PNG

IMG_8833.PNG

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Locally, in Singapore many of these "court-yards" house the air-con ledges and also the service yard: where washing machine/ kitchen is close-by. 

In this area, I believe one of the reasons could be that it is visually neater on the exterior. Where the exterior e.g. All four sides facing outwards are either balconies / bedrooms / living room areas.

And in my opinion, the court-yard hides all the unslightly air-con compressors / hanging and drying of cloths-line etc... As well as allow some ventilation ....within these areas... 

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...