About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Heaven-Earth-Human Luck Percentages?

Frase

Howdy Robert and Cec,
In the Chinese Philosophy scheme of things, Heaven Luck is dominant, but can be altered a bit by Earth Luck (Feng Shui) and a bit less by Human Luck (Being Pro-Active).
Do you have rough percentages for this, just so I can gauge how much Feng Shui and Being Pro-Active are going to make a difference?
Say, 70%/20%/10% or 50%/35%/15% or 85%/10%/5%
If you've covered this topic elsewhere, feel free to point me to that post, I just couldn't think of an angle to search on that would find me the topic I wanted within less than half an hour.
Frase

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Fraser,
To be totally honest with you, I have really do not have the "answer" to your question.
Personally, I am not sure, also about the right mix. Even if I do know, it would be a very rough guess.
One rationale is like the Management Theory " Situational Approach ": where it is said that no two situations are the same. "It depends".
Some FS practioners would say that the 60 to 70 percent of Heaven Luck can be changed. Perhaps, we should consider what is the purpose for trying to determining the mix.
I personally feel it is quite difficult to answer and not as relevant (to me). As more people want results rather than hypotical figures that they are not able to relate to.
But if you are trying to look at a `bigger' picture of Feng Shui, this is fine:)
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 1/5/00 8:03:35 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Howdy Robert and Cec,
In the Chinese Philosophy
scheme of things, Heaven Luck
is dominant, but can be
altered a bit by Earth Luck
(Feng Shui) and a bit less by
Human Luck (Being Pro-Active).
Do you have rough percentages
for this, just so I can gauge
how much Feng Shui and Being
Pro-Active are going to make a
difference?
Say, 70%/20%/10% or
50%/35%/15% or 85%/10%/5%
If you've covered this topic
elsewhere, feel free to point
me to that post, I just
couldn't think of an angle to
search on that would find me
the topic I wanted within less
than half an hour.
Frase

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Hi Cecil,
The purpose for determining the percentage is as follows:
I was raised to be as pro-active as possible - all that american motivational literature et c. However, all through my life I've had dreams which predict the future, image for image, sound for sound, feeling for feeling, and usually four to eight months later they happen. I know this occurs, because I often wake up next morning, remember the dream because it was quite bizarre - then eight months later that EXACT situation happens.
I've had ~250 of these dreams in my life.
(Unfortunately no lottery gaming numbers!)
The reason why I'm asking is, according to palmistry and some quite accurate Zi Wei Do Shu software that I have, I'm going to have a fairly rough ten years ahead. I'm happy to give it my utmost and use Feng Shui and be as pro-active as I can to ameliorate this situation, but this will take a lot out of me, and I see no point doing so if the benefits are going to be negligible. If Feng Shui and being pro-active aren't going to do much, I'd be better to relax, take it easy and conserve my energy to deal with the situations (As you can guess, I'm a yin person).
Thanks for your quick response to my previous mail.
Frase.

• Staff

Dear Fraser,
Thanks for sharing with us your unique abilities.
1. It would be interesting to find out what is the full component of your Pillars of Destiny i.e. how many Yins and how many Yangs do you have.
To see if there is a correlation i.e. whether for example you are more Yin or more Yang. One unique feature of Pillars that if one has more of the other, in total, too Yang may also change to Yin.
2. So far, I have yet seen anyone determine such a mix i.e. heaven to earth luck.
I believe in order to find out, or even see if there is a correlation, a critical mass of at least 100,000 thousand to a million people need to be examined. The more, the better.
Certain theories or majority of the Feng Shui theories e.g. Flying star is trying to look for imbalances or neutralising such imbalances. While others more proactive ones include placement of mountain and activating water star.
Well good luck. Perhaps, it is never too late even in our life time to gather these facts first.
One option is to ask users to fill in a survey. Hopefully honest answers. However, the questions has to be drafted properly (if possible). Get as many people to fill in.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 1/7/00 10:34:36 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi Cecil,
The purpose for determining
the percentage is as follows:
I was raised to be as
pro-active as possible - all
that american motivational
literature et c. However, all
through my life I've had
dreams which predict the
future, image for image, sound
for sound, feeling for
feeling, and usually four to
eight months later they
happen. I know this occurs,
because I often wake up next
morning, remember the dream
because it was quite bizarre -
then eight months later that
EXACT situation happens.
I've had ~250 of these dreams
in my life.
(Unfortunately no lottery
gaming numbers!)
The reason why I'm asking is,
according to palmistry and
some quite accurate Zi Wei Do
Shu software that I have, I'm
going to have a fairly rough
ten years ahead. I'm happy to
give it my utmost and use Feng
Shui and be as pro-active as I
can to ameliorate this
situation, but this will take
a lot out of me, and I see no
point doing so if the benefits
are going to be negligible. If
Feng Shui and being pro-active
aren't going to do much, I'd
be better to relax, take it
easy and conserve my energy to
deal with the situations (As
you can guess, I'm a yin
person).
Thanks for your quick response
to my previous mail.
Frase.

Hi fraser,
I read your reason for finding out the Heaven-Earth-Human Luck Percentages. I am sorry to say that I do not agree with your reasoning. I think the dreams and other tools like palm history, astrology and 8 character bazis are supposed to be used as guiding tools to strengthen oneself so one can face life without fear and with hope and determination. Not with your reasoning that if the 10 years ahead are going to be tough so why bother to change the outcome since it is destined to be so. Nobody knows for sure what future holds and the destiny can always be changed since there are other unknown factors which affect the destiny. And it is universal law. One will get what one sow. What if you don't make any effort during that 10 years then your future years after 10 years might get affected too. Have you ever thought what would have happened to thousands of cancer patient (if they believed in your reasoning)
who were told by their doctors that they would not live more than 6 months. Instead they live 10-15 years after the diagnosis because they made changes in their diet and sought other alternative medications.
In my opinion one should put all their efforts and live life to full no matter what the destiny or astrology says.