About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Air Well and Poison Arrows

Keith

Dear Mr. Lee,

For Tampines Green Court, I noticed some blocks with something called Air Well in the centre of the block.  See pictures attached (Marked Purple).  Is such block considered good or bad Feng Shui?  It would seem that the Blocks surrounding the air well could be dark in the centre of the development where all the front doors will be located as sunlight is unlikely to reach the centre unless in the middle of the day when the sun is right on top.

How can I tell if a stack is affected by Poison Arrows from nearby blocks.  Using the same picture, are there Poison Arrows pointing at the stacks marked with Blue and Red Circles?  For Stack marked with Red, it seems that some part of the unit will see the edge of stack #201.  Is this considered poison arrow?

Will you be plotting Flying Stars for Tampines Green Court?  I noticed you have done for some of the other developments later than Tampines Green Court like Tampines Green Dew and Tampines Green Foliage. 

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

Site Plan.jpg

Site Plan Marked.jpg

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Frankly, air wells are nothing new. 

In fact, I can immediately recall this HDB development such as blocks 584, 585, 596 etc...08749EBA-E3DC-40EC-9758-161801B40654.jpeg.080d50ae4e401d85b3ae0645a00497e6.jpeg

There are many HDB estates with such similar characteristics. Although many don’t even realise this.

For example: Eunos Tenaga Ville, Eunos Damai Ville, shows some vague resemblance to such airwells.7C5D4CB8-8CE3-41B4-98BE-B5C9F660EBDC.jpeg.ed38fe38988f67db8f82590059e1f265.jpeg

Eunos Spring also bears this resemble abit a much larger scale: as it involves many blocks instead of one single block: which of course seems more pronounced! 

3524242D-6D19-41C1-A5D6-1EF4023E2D7D.jpeg.7b8d1e145303c596647334e937a49e49.jpeg

For example, please take a look below:-

44519B53-FB59-4943-9D8F-50BA8BB5A67B.jpeg.71b834328c9c2bffe46e350d6aa4c053.jpeg

Blocks 132, 135, with 133 and 134 and more pronounced are a combination of 128 with 127, 130 and 131 makes a large “air well like” development.

In general, for Eunos Spring and there are lots of these scattered all over the island, air wells surrounded by other air wells...

In addition, the architects in the past had done this: such as the prewar closed courtyards. And tightly packed terrace houses with internal airwells etc..

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Sorry, this period, my hands are tied given that I have to go onsite for many ECs/condos TOP =

Sol Acres EC,  Wandervale close ;not including PARC Life, The Criterion, Coco Palms..etc.. etc.. including HDBs ..140.. Corporation ... etc..

So.. have to put on hold many reviews... 

There simply isn’t any time left.. this period..

• Staff

Another sterling example is that of Tampines Street 44.

As far as The Eye can see; there are So many estates here with air well type of configuration00928AF4-8996-485B-A590-B2C9A3B09804.thumb.jpeg.e0b2a82da8eb7673ae700bf28b398d53.jpeg

BE2D082E-7CDB-4648-B8A3-EA3DCCA2B454.jpeg

Looks like many will not even link these to air well type of development..but it is macro of things a larger collective air well like layout...or profile..considered close-to it..

9DE3015D-9A17-4E6D-8CE3-5FAD8E1F53CF.jpeg

1C14D038-5568-45FB-A126-8ADCE9B054C9.jpeg

For example: blocks 498A, 498B etc... really have air wells..

E14D0087-6753-484E-B7E7-578EA441C83D.jpeg

Dear Mr. Lee,

Thank you so much for your detail reply on Air Well.

How about Poison Arrows?  Are Stack #55 and #53 (those in Picture 2 - Site Plan Marked.jpg, marked in Blue and Red Circles) affected by Poison Arrows from surrounding blocks, architectures, etc.?  Please find attached pictures for reference.

For Stack #53, is it affected by Stack #201 in any way?  I am wondering since #53 is not aligned with the end of Stack #201, such that some part of the Frontage will be facing the "edge" of Stack# 201 

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.

Site Plan.jpg

Site Plan Marked.jpg

Dear Mr. Lee,

I think we might have a misunderstanding.  I used the diagram earlier referencing to a few stacks were not meant to ask for advise on the stacks itself.  Thus, I describe my queries with some description.

In any case, let me re-phrase my questions.  I have attached a new picture.

For those red arrows, do they count as poison arrows?  Are all corners visible from the house considered poison arrows or only corners pointing at a certain angle can be considered poison arrows?

Additionally, for the blue arrow, does it count as "sha qi" such as the case of "Road leading to the main entrance"?  In the case of HDB Flat, we have corridors for human traffic instead of road traffic.  I saw in some forum that a straight road leading to the main entrance is bad, but curved road leading to the main entrance is actually good.  Not sure does the pathway depicted by the Blue arrow considered "curved" road.

Kindly enlightened.

Hope to hear from you soon and that with the rephrasing of my questions, it could be more general suitable for public consumption.

Thank you.

1159220726_RefPic.thumb.jpg.5802e611ce0135dd7edb82aa39c3bfa3.jpg

Edited by Keith

Also, as the top leftmost yellow building ends in between the opposite blue building, the opposite blue building will be seeing the edge of the yellow building in front.  See purple arrow in the attached picture.  Is this considered bad fengshui for the blue building such as being poison arrow, knife slicing the building, etc.?

691491830_RefPicture.thumb.jpg.9cd56ba2d5e411c40839f531176f4460.jpg

• Staff
On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:05 PM, Keith said:

Also, as the top leftmost yellow building ends in between the opposite blue building, the opposite blue building will be seeing the edge of the yellow building in front.  See purple arrow in the attached picture.  Is this considered bad fengshui for the blue building such as being poison arrow, knife slicing the building, etc.?

691491830_RefPicture.thumb.jpg.9cd56ba2d5e411c40839f531176f4460.jpg

These are some considerations:
1. Both purple and red depends on distance from each other.

2. Purple: This is a concern of some geomancers.

2.1 For purple, it is more a "threat" this way than in your earlier original illustration:

195244744_scienceofmumbojumbo.thumb.png.7ab9e236ec8a70f5ca93bd47bb2766ac.png

2.2 The rationale has more to do with science than all the mumbo-jumbo of a building's edge ... blah.. blah.. blah.. Also it depends if any buidling is at A, B, C and D & E. Less at F:-

101467894_scienceofmumbojumbo1.thumb.gif.8f1bfb6f23f5993b882e42934726182d.gif

2.3 In the above illustration, strong winds depending on the larger picture.. SHOULD it funnel from the above top most block and forces wind towards the unit marked in RED arrow; may cause too strong a wind. And this can affect wealth luck and also health concerns to that unit.

221311065_exposedtoelements.png.a0820846045f3f6cffb333b6d95aaa53.png

Reference resource on "purple type". For the PURPLE TYPE, it is not so correct to look at the building in terms of the PURPLE line that you had drawn. Although generally, such a building  can affect the purple ARROWED unit.

689067667_exposedtoelements1.png.c03f65ed965a3ba10953122f268ec527.png

Here, it has more to do with that unit's other bedrooms that are EXPOSED with nothing to shield it. While the other .. the balcony is partially shielded..

It has more to do: if there is strong windy conditions. That can affect both the healt and wealth of the "arrowed" stack/unit .....

Many examples.. although not identical to above has to do with such things as "FLOW OF QI" or simply wind...

Hypothetical Senario: If these buildings were alighned in a North to South direction and IF they are located at east coast e.g. hypothetically at Marine Parade, then in specific seasons, wind comes from the North in the morning towards the south. While in the evenings, especially, winds from the sea (south) would flow from south to north. On windy days, the effects on such a house would affect it adversely.

3. Red lines: Somehow, what you are doing is not scientific.

1741476102_huhthisisanalienship.jpg.8136932bef40c8e6c26d3a1e25adad1d.jpg

It should be 45 degrees from a sharp corner. Not like what one sees in a movie where the rays of red lines congregate towards a focused point or area.

For example, scientifically, how can the sharp corner of two separate buildings e.g. circled in light green suddenly congreate and focus "its red rays" towards one spot... This is not Star Wars alien ship .....

Dear Mr. Lee,

Thanks for the detailed reply and case study.  It did not occur to me that being shielded (some buildings in front) is actually a good thing.  Almost all of the Park Facing Stacks without blockage to the frontage are quickly sold out for reasons like unblock view, park view, and probably good flow of wind (windy = cooler), etc...  The "blocked" ones (inner stacks) are the "left over" :)

With regards to the point you highlighted as follows:-

1. Both purple and red depends on distance from each other

What is a safe distance?

Also, from attached, does the corners of Staircase and Lift pose a threat to the blue unit on the left?  From most of your posting, if pointing at wall seems ok such as in this case.  I came across some other fengshui forums saying that pointing at the back of the house is also bad.  Not sure how accurate.  As for the corridor (blue arrow) leading to the entrance, does it pose a threat such as "Road Leading to Main Door"?  Or, can we consider this more like "curved" road although it is actually not curved, but an angled bent.  Some say curved road is good.  Straight, especially straight and narrow road is "Sha Qi".

Kindly enlighten.

Ref2.jpg.be2d6e98d7a3e2cbeef76bb56ac8ef9e.jpg

• Staff
11 hours ago, Keith said:

Dear Mr. Lee,

Thanks for the detailed reply and case study.  It did not occur to me that being shielded (some buildings in front) is actually a good thing.  Almost all of the Park Facing Stacks without blockage to the frontage are quickly sold out for reasons like unblock view, park view, and probably good flow of wind (windy = cooler), etc...  The "blocked" ones (inner stacks) are the "left over" :)

With regards to the point you highlighted as follows:-

1. Both purple and red depends on distance from each other

What is a safe distance?

Also, from attached, does the corners of Staircase and Lift pose a threat to the blue unit on the left?  From most of your posting, if pointing at wall seems ok such as in this case.  I came across some other fengshui forums saying that pointing at the back of the house is also bad.  Not sure how accurate.  As for the corridor (blue arrow) leading to the entrance, does it pose a threat such as "Road Leading to Main Door"?  Or, can we consider this more like "curved" road although it is actually not curved, but an angled bent.  Some say curved road is good.  Straight, especially straight and narrow road is "Sha Qi".

Kindly enlighten.

Ref2.jpg.be2d6e98d7a3e2cbeef76bb56ac8ef9e.jpg

In my opinion:

1. Your red arrows have a mind of it's own. Although the red arrow aimed towards the kitchen still does not seem right (as it is not exactly 45degrees ...). The other for the lift; really has a mind of it's own. And thus it decided to turn so slightly to the right and touch-base with the toilet? Another one of those intelligent arrows...

2. Anyway.. what is the concern, here? It is not like it is aimed towards an opening? Hmm...

3. Blue arrow. To the layperson and even many geomancers, they are concerned with this.

3.1. Again, it has more to do with a long corridor and scientifically, if winds are UNnaturally forced towards this channel (opening) most of the time; then it is a cause for concern. The clue, again is about Qi or unnautral or forced movement of qi or wind. If it does not happen everything, but occassionally, this to SOME is still a concern.

• 5 months later...