About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Bazi element is partly incorrect....

Hello All,

Could somebody check my free Bazi Life Report?  The picture display is correct that I am a weak metal Ox, but the explanation given says green Ox.  The colored box shown is gold to indicate metal, but the explanation says green for wood.  I do not think I should try to generate any more reports until this site figures out what I am (element wise).  To check my report, I provided the birth information that I was born on May 31, 1961 between 17:00 - 18:59 (@5:03 pm) Eastern Standard Time in Toronto, Ontario - Canada.  Thank-you for any assistance or explanation for this confusion. Carol  

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Hi Carol,

Sorry, there is nothing wrong with the report. It's you who don't understand how ba zi is done, to understand how it works.

Based on your birth information, and from your name, your date of birth should be based on this link:-

URL: https://online.geomancy.net/public/code/html-fs-self-free?pay=0&tpl=chart_true_element&username=&gender=2&day=31&month=05&year=1961&hour=10

"Ba Zi of an individual is based on the DAY one is born. Not the YEAR of birth."

image.png.c99a26570f7821de86cd38f04c983cf8.png

Ba Zi considers the day of birth as the true birth element more important than just the year of birth element (which is a little general for everyone born in that year). 

You are born in 1961, so if you look at the year pillar it is a Metal Ox. But more importantly, even for a Metal Ox year, depending on which day you are born, you can be a Metal/Water/Wood/Fire/Earth person born in a Metal Ox year. The element of the day determines a person's true birth element.

So looking at your Day pillar (ie 31 May, = Jia-Zi /Wood Rat pillar). Hence, you are a Wood element person and the system has determined you are a Strong Wood person. So you are a Strong Wood Ox born in a Metal Ox Year. Since ba zi don't really just take the year of birth element as the main element (which otherwise is too general for everyone born in 1961), Hence, your true element is a Strong Wood Ox which is the more accurate day element to reflect the 10 different element strength of the day which is a person can be (ie weak/strong Metal Ox, weak/strong Water Ox, weak/strong Wood Ox, weak/strong Fire Ox, weak/strong Earth Ox).

Under the ba zi, you can use the general element Metal Ox (based on the year), but that's not as accurate as the using the element of the day which in your case is a Strong Wood Ox born in a Metal Ox year.

As some people will be born in a year where it favors your Strong Wood, like in your case, Metal year will help control your Strong Wood from being too strong. So the year element is considered complementary to your true birth element. On the other hand, if you are a say a weak Wood Ox, then the Metal year will weaken you, so your luck may not be as good as the Strong Wood Ox born in a Metal Ox year.

So all these information, plays an important part in the ba zi review. 

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee