About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Auspicious Dates vs Lunar 7th Month

Hahaha1123

Hello Master Cecil,

thank you for all your guide and help so far. It has been very resourceful reference here. definitely a treasure trove of information here. 

I would like to enquire about Auspicious Dates vs 7th Month. 

There are listing of auspicious dates for certain events like moving house or renovation. There are also specific dates that are more auspicious to individuals after considering their bazi. 

I’ve used the 30days free calculation provided here and found some very auspicious dates for me to move house. However, these dates fall into lunar July. 

I’m not entirely worried about lunar July but rather just a little concerned and want to be on the safe side. Does it mean that the auspicious dates I’ve would overcome the 7th month? Or should I avoid 7th month entirely?  Or does 7th month actually affect my auspicious date as well? I don’t hope for wealth and whatnots but just want to be safe and healthy. 

Currently the house I am renting is occupied and only able to hand over the keys on 11th Aug. Which is already start of lunar July. 

What are your thoughts?

Your help is very much appreciated. 

Thank you.

Edited by Hahaha1123

Sponsored Link

• Staff

These are some considerations:

1. Frankly, there is nothing sinister or mysterious about the Chinese 7th month.

2. It all boils down to the idea (whether one believes in ghosts or spirits or not).

3. Here, the idea or the theme of the concern surrounds a VACANT HOME.

3.1. Thus everything is all about the word: VACANT, VACANT and VACANCY.

3.2. A vacant home can only mean just T.O.P and about to collect keys for the new home. Also the same thing for a resale home.  Where the owners/tenants have moved-out. And the home is now in vacant or empty.

3.3 It can also be a home that somehow, or rather vacant for some time one reason or another. Also applies for rental homes that are vacant etc...

4. For the Chinese, and for those who belief in the release of "hungry ghosts" or spirits in the 7th lunar month; 

4.1. The key here is: "Is it possible for such a hungry ghosts or ghosts to find that the specific home is empty and perhaps treat the home like a hotel/motel for a short stay within the Chinese 7th lunar month?

5. Just imagine: if really, something like this occurs; your "new" home has been invaded by these entities.

5.1. And if one were to move in when these entities (assuming are occupying) the home; it implies a clash and thus this has breed the taboo we now know of! 

5.2. Imagine, if we were occupying a home; and if someone comes into the home and "claims" it. This is why some say that we do not want to make the "hungry ghosts" angry or even furious!

6. You wrote: "Does it mean that the auspicious dates I’ve would overcome the 7th month? "

6.1. Thus if one reads what I wrote above (apologies if it is lengthy);  What is there to overcome the 7th month with the auspicious dates? If something like Para 5.2 occurs?

7. In conclusion, the auspicious dates and the TABOO related to move-in during the 7th month is totally unrelated in the ABOVE matter.

8. It is a consolation if :  IF and IF the home is not occupied by a hungry ghost or many hungry ghosts. It is nice-to move-in on your auspicious date.

9. The other consideration is whether one has a constrain or not? For example, if "I do not move-in during the 7th month.. I may have to sleep on the five-foot way." If so, then what choice have YOU got?

9.1 What is my situation now? Can I defer my move-in? Only I can answer this... really no point asking a third-party... Para 9 or 10? hmmm...

1469095030_yourcall.png.02ac8d2b5d9e58925d15fbbfeaccbd76.png

10. If one has the LUXURY of or can afford to not move-in during the 7th month. Then what is your problem? Move in after the 7th month!

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

The key to simply understanding all this is the word:  "VACANT".

1188690298_itsavacanthomeand7thmonth.thumb.png.9ff5f21af9f9a79f0f399ef015191f86.png

Bob. On the day of move-in.....

Bob goes to the front of the main door.

Knocks three times on the door.

Heard Bob yell loudly afterwards: "Hey! I know you are in there! My Feng Shui Master ask me to tell you guys and gals that today is my auspicious day to move-in! And he also told me to tell YOU that it is also an auspicious day for YOU all to move-out today!"

CAUTION! ACTUNG! IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN GHOSTS OR SPIRITS, PLEASE DO NOT READ BELOW THIS LINE!

OK, go ahead.. if you still want to read more... Don't say that I did not warn you! 

• Staff

Question: What type of ghost(s) are in my house?

Reply: Why don't you pray for a GOOD ONE!720385071_ghosts-guardianangel.gif.64733e5c5cb699b6ed8e0887fa1002e5.gif

Good one sometimes stay around with or without the Chinese 7th month!

There are many instances where a loved one e.g. a grandmother had passed and decided to STICK around the home. As a sort of a guardian angel for the family..... 

For instance, there are several cases where, the home became vacant. The potential new owner asked me to go down for a viewing. 

I sensed an entity still in the house. She has not gone into the light but was still earthbound. All she wanted was to be close to her loved ones even in the after-life.

The potential owner wanted to re-build the house. In this case, once the house has been rebuilt; this entity would no longer want to "stay" in the old house.