About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Can I install a platform bed in a bedroom?

Cecil Lee

• Staff

Case Study - Part. 1: I was told that it is good to install a platform bed in a bedroom. True?

1. A reason cited by some are that “stepping up” or on a raised platform is auspicious each time we rise-up in the morning. As this is based on the term: 1C711649-5C8A-44E8-BC14-8D0A729A0C01.jpeg.f02780cae77bd0479553789e9fd186d6.jpeg

1.1 The above literally means “to rise with every step or step-by-step-rise”.

2. On the contrary, it is true that we step-up to the platform bed when we go to sleep. But when we rise-up, instead of taking a step-up each morning, one has to STEP-DOWN the platform.

3. Thus this is a flawed argument! And hence, it is better to get a normal bed. As each time we wake-up, we will or have to literally Step-down the platform step(s).

4. The only good argument for installing a platform bed is that size of a new condo/Ec is small.

4.1 And some designers have recommended a platform bed for functionality. That’s all.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Case Study - Part 2: Common sense + the concept of “You stay there we don’t!”

1. I have seen cases where I was called down to a home. As the residents keep on falling sick.

2. And several times, saw a specific bedroom with a platform bed. 

3. On the fact finding 1st visit: “who sleeps in this bedroom?

3.1. We all sleep together in this bedroom with a raised platform bed. But because there is no RC roof to shelter the windows; we dare not open the windows! For fear of water damaging the platform.

3.2. Furthermore, the family cannot always afford to turn on the air conditioning unit. In addition, even when the fan is turned on; the bedroom is always stuffy!

3.3. In this case, the platform is one of the main cause of the health issues.

4. Cleanliness Quality of the platform and eventual “wear and tear”.

4.1. Some practitioners argue that a bed with four legs is a must! So that Qi can flow below the bed.

4.2. However, this can be explained more convincingly by common sense and logic.

4.3. A bed with four legs allows the floor area below the bed to be cleaned! As sometimes the wood of the platform bed may shrink allowing materials to drop below the bed. Here, there is literally no way to clean beneath the bed.

4.4. Even with storage areas below the bed, there are also hard to reach areas. Do not place family photos or toy guns etc.. below the bed. And once in a while check the items. Good that the items be wrapped up. To avoid dust mites.

5. Several years ago, a toddler spilled orange juice. And it dripping towards the floor. And hence, for a period, ants decided to crawl into the platform.

6. Wear and tear may result in creaking platform floorings.

7. Frankly, I can think of more CONS than PROs for a platform bed. Such as think of the elderly and be considerate to them also (Get the drift?).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Staff

Nowadays with shoebox sized bedrooms, many home owners are resorting to such similar designs.

86574430-0B03-4F2D-84D5-88B10825DC8C.jpeg

For example, some like this one has just one step towards the platform bed.

Others prefer three or more steps so that there are more "deeper" storage ... thus more storage space....

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Morning Master Cecil, We considering to have platform bed with storage/drawers for kids rooms and bedframe with drawers for adults, is it ok, acceptable? Thanks

Reply: it is acceptable. however, if child is allegic to dusts and dust mites.. see whether can clean or not that's all

Got it. Main concern is cleaning. 

DBD1B8E2-F5F4-45AC-B1C2-4A0F2FE291AD.jpeg

99B4D9E9-951C-4290-AF09-3D48598366DC.jpeg

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Staff

Hi Master Lee, for the platform bed inside my son room, I was wondering if is ok to have a build in underneath compartment inside the platform, does it affect anything in terms of Fengshui?

image.thumb.png.3c0b809a7f48059219edfba6dd5cd947.png

make sure that it can be "cleaned". As in the past, some spill juices.. ants..

Or bed bugs or dust mites..(allergic) that's all

• 9 months later...
  • Staff

Is the Sales Brochure Useful?

YESUSEFUL.png.cb07971cc00ab90733509e5f1a47d47a.png

Introduction: For brand new just launched developments, there is no physical site to visit the completed buildings and apartments. 

1. The only thing we can do is to visit the show room (which often is close-by to the site) as well as obtain a sales brochure and see the mock-up of the development. As well as try to ask questions from the sales agent (if any).

1.1. We must still try to gather as much information as we can.

2. Summary of Case Studies in this article.

If the information is overwhelming. Pick and choose selective articles...

1A & B: Common Rubbish Bin
2A & B: Interior unit Dry Walls
3: Fire at Heaven's Gate
4: Sha Qi or Poison Arrows from Club-house roof-lines
5: 3 Panel Sliding Doors at the Balcony
6: Drainage at the Balcony
7: Air-con Ledges
8: Mixed Developments + Cooling Towers
9: Termite infestations
10: Coffee-shop below or near to unit
11: Water tank at roof-top
12: Lamp Posts, Pillars, Tree Trunks
13: Spice Garden in an EC/condo
14: EC/condo Clubhouse
15A & B: Pneumatic Waste Collection System
16: Look closely at the development's scale model for clues
17: Buying a Mixed development apartment
18: Survey or study facilities surrounding the development
19: Pump Room below a unit
20: Seven Commandments of Stove Placement
21: Is there a potential poison arrow from the neighbours?
22: Should I be concerned with a near-by temple, church, mosque &/or elder care?
23: Is the compass marking on the Sales Brochure accurate?
24: Sites reserved for Schools?
25: Doors face each other? [Main Door/Bedrooms]
26: Unit numbers with 4, 44 or 444 Okay?

27: Stove or sink or WC at the Centre of the house?

3. It is always an excellent idea to spent some time to scrutinise a prospective sales brochure of our potential buy (purchase).

49651023_salesbrochureatreasuretrove.png.afca5f2b95a493eef57294c48a2b4858.png4. Recently, more and more clients have discovered to their shock (horror) that the least expected was the location of the central rubbish bin outside their unit.

5. A year ago; many had purchased a premium unit within the development .. and later shocked to learn that the central rubbish chute (for their entire floor) is just next to their main door!

6. Thus the morale of the story is to check first before signing on the dotted line.

7. In general, most developments have these:-

8.1. A central rubbish collection centre / rubbish bin collection point

8.2. Power Sub-station. Every development usually has one or more of these depending on the size of the development.

8.3. Design of club-house roof-lines / trellis / gazebo / pavilion. Are the designs a "threat" e.g. with spikes or like a razor's edge? Usually these are aimed towards lower storeys.

8.4. Any poison arrows in the form of a sharp corner of another block of neighbouring stack aimed towards one's balcony (hard to cure) or towards one's windows (if any)

8.5. Location of areas like BBQ pits and any impact e.g. the smell from these pits towards a unit.. especially low storeys such as #01  or #02 first or second storeys

8.6. Any tree trunk aimed towards a lower unit e.g. #01 or #02. Unfortunately it may be too late; especially if the development is under construction.

9. There are lots more considerations...  

9.1. Do remember "Read in-between" the lines..

TRILIVE reading between the lines.png

CLICK THIS LINK TO LEARN MORE

The Experts in House Hunting
696681019_geoamncysgicon.png.fb8c9b974fb87d32583cae8b9c22b372.png

" As much as we see, Geomancy.net has great web presence built up over the years and is seen as one of the SG market leaders in residential house audit. "

Success starts with good Feng Shui

367287073_HEALTHWEALTHANDHAPPINESS50.png.03992f40f00dc4cd5e9453963bf0fa6c.png
Transparent Pricing & No Hidden Costs. No Purchase of Products.

WHATSAPPx.gif.933b1f171b62310142ae17b5501fc685.gif Cecil Lee, +65 9785-3171 / support@geomancy.net

1861277562_UNDERSTANDINGMICRO.png.891959f03ef51f98ac6911212f3b30ed.png

The Experts in House Hunting
696681019_geoamncysgicon.png.fb8c9b974fb87d32583cae8b9c22b372.png

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Can I put this kind of Queen bed in Master room? Due to lack of storage. I know that loft bed is not recommended but this is the lowest kind of storage bed I searched, to accommodate our clothes.

Previously around many years ago, a new client at The Bayshore called me down. And his skin was bitten badly. So we went into his master bedroom. And when he opened the drawers of the bed, the bed was infested with bed-bugs etc...

That development had like a 1,000 units and many with pet dogs. So most likely he might have caught it from them. 

Based on common sense... with four legs, can easy be cleaned and visible

IMG_6052.thumb.jpeg.68ef28aa8afca0a6d5badc224cff66c7.jpeg

IMG_6050.jpeg

5f681419-4f4e-4a7b-88b9-4ec61060e42a.jpeg

1db97e8a-97c3-4acc-9e12-46ee0cd938fa.jpeg

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Staff

If got gap…

How do I lure a cockroach out from under the storage bed?

Prefer not to shift the storage bed or use Baygon spray as I’ve small fur babies.

Roach flew into the room at 3am. Tried to chase it out, but it scuttled under the storage bed. I believe it is still under the bed. Or might it crawl away during the day when everyone is out? 

There is no food / cooking in the house, so there’s no reason for it to stay.

Source & Credit: 

IMG_5282.jpeg