About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Sewer pipes exiting home

gotvision

Hello,

We have sewer pipes exiting our home to go to the septic tank.  This, of course, has to happen, but I am concerned about them crossing the path of the front door.  They are of buried underground and they do not cross the front door entrance.  Is this okay?

front entrance.PNG

Sponsored Link

• Staff

These are some considerations:

1. Even in Singapore and for terrace houses: either the sewerage runs from the rear of the house into the home or in some circumstances, it runs from outside of the home into the frontage of the home.

1.1. In above example, the latter is similar to your case.

2. Type of materials used in the construction of the home. 

2.1. Many homes especially in the US and even European countries like Germany, their house are mostly built with timber. Do read this article I wrote many years back:-

Dangers of Underground water under a Househttp://www.geomancy.net/resources/art/art-under.htm

2.2. As you are also in a Commonwealth country and if your flooring is concrete, then lesser concern. Than in the above example of  a village in Germany.

3. As I mentioned, in Singapore, there are still homes in older estate with the similar situation as you are in.

4. On the safe-side, avoid lying on a mattress on the floor for prolonged time. Otherwise, really, there is not much one can do.

5. What is a taboo has more to do with walking into the main door with the sewerage pipe(s) running above the head or a sewerage pipe running above the stove.

6. In addition, for the Chinese who have an altar in their home.. it is not ideal for a sewer pipe to run above the altar. 

7. Thus one can see that more issues with the sewerage pipe running above then below-:)

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Thank you very much for your very quick reply.  None of the sewer pipes that run in the house are under anything important (e.g. beds, alter, stove, etc...).  It is a one story home, so there are no sewer pipes above heads. Yes, I found your article before I asked you a question. :)  Thank you for the information.  We are fortunate to live on a large acreage with no chance of others sewer pipes near us.  And we have checked and there are no waterways under the home.  Sounds like we are in good shape.  Thank you!

• 1 year later...
Guest Bernard Tan

Good day,

Any advice on an underground  sewerage pipe running across the master bed room? Is it bad Feng Shui? If so, what can I do about it? Thanks.

• Staff
28 minutes ago, Guest Bernard Tan said:

Good day,

Any advice on an underground  sewerage pipe running across the master bed room? Is it bad Feng Shui? If so, what can I do about it? Thanks.

Frankly, there is a difference between the sewerage pipe running across the master bedroom vs running directly below the actual bed.

If it runs below the actual bed, then further considerations:

1. Concrete vs wooden floors.

1.1. In modern Singapore homes, majority of the time, the flooring is concrete with a layer of ceramic or marble/granite tiles. If so, better off than many landed properties in the US, Germany etc... with wooden flooring.

2. Raised bed

2.1. Preference is sleeping on a regular raised bed e.g. with 4 legs vs sleeping close to the flooring.

Hopefully, the above CAN help. Fingers cross.

You wrote: "If so, what can I do about it?"

Frankly, even Upstairs may not have an answer for this. 

Under the 12 Habits.. How about try reading about the last habit? [12.]

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Staff

Question:  "As we have mention before, we plan to extend the Southeast area, apparently, there is WATER well (pink round marking) there. We CONSIDER to close the well, remove it somewhere and still make the full extension. But we are afraid in feng shui is there any restriction to move the water well, hanging out or sleeping above the well even though it is closed already.

Since one of our relative died of sudden sickness just after she is staying on a bedroom, that below is a closed non-functioning water well. Don’t know id it’s negative qi or just coincidence. Please give us guidance about the well."

Dangers of Underground water under a House

http://www.geomancy.net/resources/art/art-under.htm

• 8 months later...
  • Staff

Hi Cecil, the contractor said this is for sewage … any concerns with that?

image.thumb.png.6f00378b533f29f21a6f3acd5d6b6b50.png

If so then ideally kitchen should not be directly above it = especially the stove or work-tables close-by to it. As raw sewerage contains gas e.g. methane etc.. 

Ideally also this type of man-hole should not be found in a bedroom or the sewerage pipe running directly below a bed.

If it is an open area like this is not perfect but still can-do.

• 8 months later...