About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Clarification on some Feng Shui mechanics + Feng Shui is not one size fits all. Do avoid practising Kindergarten Feng Shui!

ZenderChai

Dear Mr. Cecil Lee,

Recently, I have been researching on Feng Shui tips to set the fundamentals for my renovation design of my new property in Johor.

However, there are some contradictions I faced, and I would hope you could offer your professional opinions.

1) Celestial Animals (Phoenix in front of house; Black Turtle at the back; Green Dragon on the left, and White Tiger on the Right)

In particular, Green Dragon vs. White Tiger: I read that it is best to keep (Green Dragon) left side more active than the right, and the main gate is best to be located on the right side. However, for semi detached, the design is usually mirror image, and my unit happened to be the one where the main gate is on the right side. How should I improve such constrains? Nevertheless, it means I can grow plants higher on the left side instead. So is a pros and cons. Please advise.

2) Directions and Elements

To promote the growth of the various aspects, the elements in the respective directions need to be considered. Example: Career in the North (Water); Health in the East (Wood); Wealth in the South East (Wood). From what I research, we should put more items of the said elements in the respective directions to simulate the growth. However, Say if my element is water, and my bedroom happen to be on the east or south-east, wouldn't putting more wood element items being destructive to my chi?

Furthermore, to promote the growth of chi in such area, it is better to put more wood element items in the east and south east, or water and wood element items with minimum fire element items in the east and south east, as the latter also factor into the constructive and destructive relationship among the elements.

3) Lastly, does Feng Shui considerations change with the purpose of the use of such property. For example: investment purpose, retirement purpose, etc.?

Thank you for your time and professional inputs.

Zender

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Case Study 1 : Feng Shui is not one size fits all: "IT DEPENDS!". And try to understand what is Kindergarten Feng Shui.

1. You wrote: "2) Directions and Elements"

1.1 In my opinion, if this is the 1970's what you wrote under Para 2 above may get an A+.

1.2 But please note that from the mid 1980's and especially TODAY, unfortunately, your impressive writings (no offence) can be classified as "Kindergarten Feng Shui". 

1169338872_kindergartenFengShui.png.2a2e8f8802336cb67f98a6173d73a24f.png1.3 This simply means that IN GENERAL : North = Water, South = Fire is not the MAIN consideration. Given that this kindergarten FS has a more refined way concept via Compass School Feng Shui = Flying Star Feng Shui.

2. Practical Approach to Feng Shui today takes into account many of the concepts within this chart:

82E3356E-D43C-4FE6-B859-7D9C50FC2BDA.jpeg.5b64387c7be1730f5066333a8eb134c7.jpeg

3. Identify and understand what is Kindergarten Feng Shui:

4. You wrote: "1) Celestial Animals (Phoenix in front of house; Black Turtle at the back; Green Dragon on the left, and White Tiger on the Right) In particular, Green Dragon vs. White Tiger: I read that it is best to keep (Green Dragon) left side more active than the right, and the main gate is best to be located on the right side. However, for semi detached, the design is usually mirror image, and my unit happened to be the one where the main gate is on the right side. How should I improve such constrains? Nevertheless, it means I can grow plants higher on the left side instead. So is a pros and cons. Please advise."

4.1 Reply: "It depends". Feng Shui is not one size fits all. For example, Flying Star Feng Shui needs to be considered. For example, the flying star numbers is also taken into consideration. 

4.2 For example if a location say has the nasty Mountain star #5 and Water star #2. Where #5 = misfortune/sickness and #2 = sickness. Why would one want to place the main door here as an openings. 

724929970_misfortunensickness.thumb.png.7551ecb27b58d5689d14d5af24d49f09.png
4.3 On the other hand perhaps, at the other side of the house, there is in this period a double auspicious #8s x2 = current prosperity wealth stars. In fact, this area should be an opening. 

4.4 Furthermore, mirror image can mean the internal organs of the rooms and locations like kitchen, bedrooms etc.. may perhaps be a non-mirrored home could be better or the mirrored home better! or vice versa.

5. This chart combines both Compass School Feng Shui's concept to come out with which sectors in a home and their significance.

5.1 Clients use this to discuss with their Architect to plan a better home for all family members. On both the top left and right chart shows each family member's bed-head and study directions:-

150E7971-7FD9-417D-9908-850CB9AFDF91.thumb.jpeg.0e831882fd0454e3b1bdc2621f9dd75a.jpeg

5.2 Here, the Eight House/4 good 4 bad another Compass School Feng Shui can help to identify which home is better.

1E933229-5A1C-419E-BC44-11474C299797.jpeg.c954893de2265c361dcfe146f615f86d.jpeg0F57F9B7-2141-4BC0-99E1-B4A0F6ADBEF2.jpeg.bb6ce539946b2801d645eea769a164c5.jpeg

6. Water Classics for a semi-detached home is also important. As a mirror or unmirrored home can also make a difference;

A9BC9F6A-FE9D-4B72-AF40-DA652DDBA2C5.thumb.jpeg.757ff28b90cb879e2362890ea32e993b.jpeg

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Case Study 2 : Further to what I mentioned, my client invited me to view several (bungalows) landed properties.

1. Finally, he bought this home: which has good Flying Star numbers at the frontage of the home (living room). 

2. Here, both the frontage South and Living Room areas have very auspicious Flying Star numbers.

3. While NW has the nasty #5 misfortune/sickness with #2 at NW. And this is drowned by a swimming pool.

4. And for a South facing home fortunately, the kitchen is NOT at NW = inauspicious "Fire at Heaven's Gate".

5. What a difference if we mirror this home. If so, the kitchen will certainly be at NW!

6. Note: this is just a sample of level 1. Other levels in the home is not reproduced, here. Such as bedrooms and their suitability for whom:

1399230999_SAMPLELANDEDPROPERTYFLYINGSTARS.thumb.png.4893ac9c311fab3e67c7474f390804c3.png

7. Thus where got such thing as what you wrote: that implies a one-size fits all Feng Shui.

8. Mirror or non-mirror image home needs to see which is advantages.

8.1 For example, suitability to family members:

1149591066_SAMPLELANDEDPROPERTYFLYINGSTARS1.png.2515563da002b9e741f8a5ee769462e2.png

8.2 We also try to take into consideration both the bed-head and study directions...

392215018_SAMPLELANDEDPROPERTYFLYINGSTARS2.thumb.png.e79468031ab7bc9c285fb4d06f33726d.png

9. Extract from Geomancy.net's Ba Zi report:
262812835_extrafromGeomancy.png.2ad24f0a7b84979df1727fa2a4177692.png

9.1Thus, again, it is not one size fits all.

• Staff

Case Study 3 : Including the application of Ba Zi Feng Shui:

For privacy issues, all names are masked out:-

Binding element illustration.png

The binding element is one of the uses of Ba Zi Feng Shui. Unfortunately, some geomancers either use this without the other Feng Shui considerations or totally not aware of the above.

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Cecil Lee pinned this topic
  • 3 years later...