About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Will the chat room be flame free

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
Let me share with you some interesting events:
1. Our first forum was started on 6 June 1997 using a third party hosted forum.
I remembered that was only once, when someone posted an advertisement in the forum.
A user responded " Hey!, we are here to learn ... "
Suprisingly, there was not a single flame for this forum! Only the above advertising Spam.
2. The second forum was hosted by me on my website but the software was cumbersome and not user friendly like this one.
I recalled: not a single flame or spam occurred under this forum.
3. This forum which was started on 31 December 1998 till this day had only one `flame'.
Before, this `flame' I had earlier discussed on the fear of a `flame' and true enough it occurred.
4. I guess you can say that we are lucky not to suffer the fate of so many other forums.
I also personally believe that partial responsibility lies with the moderators of the forum. Some moderators may be `weak' and unable to lead their forums properly.
5. Rest assured that the chat room we operate is for members of www.geomancy-forum.com only.
Although it is hard to monitor or control flames or spam, I believe, with good management and support (plus peer pressure), it can be successful.
Surprisingly, even when we moderate the forum, there is no flame or spam. The reason for doing so is because, there are now a total of more than 8,000 forum members and we cannot afford anyone to spam our users.
We will certainly work the chat room later on.
Many Thanks to everyone who have contributed to such a wonderful learning experience.
I am glad that many users have come to share not only their problems but bring better insights into how applied Feng Shui can be applied.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 1/13/00 2:30:34 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear cecil,
So far the forum has been
flame free and very cordial.
What about the chat rooms.
Will chat rooms be flame free.
Thanks.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 22 years later...
  • Staff

Yes, Year 2000 was the early years of Internet usage. And there was  prevalent postings in many other various forums where postings were for the sake of posting. 

Those years were the equivalent of the "Wild Wild West" of forum usage. 

Today, most forum users are mostly silent users whose purpose is to search and find what they can. 

Chat rooms are no longer popular as not many have the time to chat. The equivalent is that of use of software such as ZOOM. LOL!

Year 2000 was like 22 years ago! Those were the days! LOL LOL