About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

(1) Placing an altar; (2) 237 degrees

Jjelle

Dear Master Lee,

1.     I just came across your website and hope you can help me.

2.     I have heard several contradicting information on placing the altar (see plan).  Would like your advice.

1. For A1, some said it is good but some said that it is no good as the back of Altar is to the main door - fear back-stabbing.  
  2. For A2, some said it is the best place (buddha looks after us as we go out) but some said that it is no good as it faces the lift lobby and another neighbour's unit (worry that bad energy absorbed).
  3. For A5 & A6, some said not so good if in bedroom, somebody is sleeping with feet towards living room.

3.       I have also heard some people saying that if the facing direction is 237 degrees, it is very no good.  Is it true? If so, how to overcome.

Tks,

1_Building Plan (Altar).pdf

ACE3F273-1532-4E13-8BBD-814C606AA6B8.jpeg

Sponsored Link

• Staff

You wrote: 3.       I have also heard some people saying that if the facing direction is 237 degrees, it is very no good.  Is it true? If so, how to overcome.

Reply: Concept of "Devil's gate" falls under SW1, SW2, SW3 and NE1, NE2 and NE3

1955091524_1-24Mountains-withdescription1.gif.1e177ec650aed6f24f6f60e6148a3b92.gif

The compass degree of 237 degrees falls under SW3.

Please do a search in the forum for "Devil's gate" and one can understand the rationale for the concern of an altar facing NE (1,2, 3) and SW (1, 2 & 3) as shown above.

Where SW3= 232.4 degrees to 247.4 degrees.

Under this topic in the above link:-166910345_devilsgate.png.7c9596098b6a25520582b29d7b205fa2.png

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

You wrote: 2.     I have heard several contradicting information on placing the altar (see plan).  Would like your advice.

1. For A1, some said it is good but some said that it is no good as the back of Altar is to the main door - fear back-stabbing.  
  2. For A2, some said it is the best place (buddha looks after us as we go out) but some said that it is no good as it faces the lift lobby and another neighbour's unit (worry that bad energy absorbed).
  3. For A5 & A6, some said not so good if in bedroom, somebody is sleeping with feet towards living room.

Reply: All these areas were covered sufficiently in past forum messages. And there are aplenty. The fact that you are checking with A, B, C etc... will have no end in many different opinions. 

Thus do a search for "Altar" or "Guan Yin" in this forum and you can read many, many previous replies with similar configurations for the altar.

For example, this single thread has lots similar configurations, as you can see from this thumbnail layout in the link

As the resources in this forum is extensive and date back to 1998, please make an effort to use your fingers to do the searching.....

For landed properties or the concept of altar facing a dining table = can? 

There are lots, lots more...

• Cecil Lee pinned and locked this topic