About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Common sense of dining table placement. As one can see.... the above has more to do with common sense, here and there. But many just conveniently just lump this as Feng Shui.

• Staff

1105A84E-FA03-494C-9E2A-5060A9565C67.pngHi Cecil. I just went to my new neighbor house beside us. They have the sofa/seating area in front of the lift and the dining area in the hall, looks very spacious. Can we do the same?

Any negative impact geomancically?

More to do with common sense: When one enter the main door and or from the living room sliding door, in this case, we will now encounter the dining table.

Thus if one's dining table is messy .. cluttered .. then first-impressions count.

Fortunately, your currently your living room and dining is raised one level high.

Thus even if one dines at the front (living room side) not many outsiders can see dinner or lunch time nor see the type of food you are eating..

If living room is facing the lift, is good if visitors enter the lift (instead) and when it opens to 1st level, towards the living room.

This good. As usually living room areas are no matter how .. won't be that untidy (if any)

Thus based on the above common sense reasoning, you can do so.

However, based again on common sense, now, your eye-sight would be "facing" the glare .. unless the sunlight is controlled.

If looking towards the glare .. that of the pool side (west side)... family members may as a result have to wear thicker glasses (if any)...

As one can see.... the above has more to do with common sense, here and there. But many just conveniently just lump this as Feng Shui.

DC8D8ED5-8CB9-40EA-BEEF-A38F8F26CD6B.thumb.png.f07f7e4a61794671dbcf8766a33bf1d0.png

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Another common sense consideration is that serving food would now be further. Given that the kitchen is beside the living room.

And in order to bring food to the dining table, one has to walk past the living room sofa area.

No issue for a large home.

Good news, here is that if some family members prefer to seat on the sofa.. to eat.. (traditionally not the case); then this is an "advantage".  Again this is not Feng Shui = common sense.

Lastly, technically ceiling fan above dining table is still no issue. More to do with stigma or "grandmother tale" of no good, lah

• Staff

7E081909-924F-4CBC-9DEF-CCA49091AC57.thumb.jpeg.60570669f760092db72006bdd6587316.jpeg

Q: Yup I agree, now as it is , very convenient to serve food from kitchen to table

Reply:

Again, such things are based purely on common sense. You have to weigh .. the considerations...

Especially, if one likes to serve hot soup ... or hot plate stuff... then better think twice... (Appended: chances of spilling hot soup etc.. is much higher.. given that the dining table if swopped would be twice the distance away! And or clashing with someone walking by the living room area)

Q: But just curious about the grandmother take if ceiling fan above dining table.... what about it?

If you have visitors to your home. Some comment that no good to have fan above the dining table. To them, "YOUR FOOD BECOMES COLD" Inauspicious lah!

Again common sense... if meant to serve "steaming" hot food, then switch off the fan.

And tell them.. mind your own business, lah...

When serve hot dishes.. I will not use the fan... MYOB.. Mind your own (Bloody) business... this is my house. I stay here, you don't lah..

• 1 year later...