Cecil Lee

Sponsored Link

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Case Study 1: In my opinion, seems like the North marking on the Sales Brochure
(SB) may not be correct!

1. All street directory map including onemap.sg has the North 0/360 exactly at the top and South 180 at the bottom of the page.

2. Onemap.sg uses the accurate government survey data map. 

2.1. And in Singapore as we are close to the equator; the magnetic north and geographic north are to the human "eyes" equal to each other.

3. When I tried to confirm the North compass marking on the SB;

3.1. What I did was to match the outline of "Holland Road" and lined up the edge of the Sales Brochure to this streetmap.

3.2. What I found was that the original North compass marking found on the SB needs a further or additional 10 more degrees tilt.

3.3. Below is my workings showing what would have been the correct compass direction (in blue):-

972564541_LeedonGreenSiteplannorthmarkingasuspect.thumb.gif.f64d5336fd140fc754e0e01f10644f76.gif

4. Question: Should I still rely on the Sales Brochure North marking?

4.1. My answer is it is a suspect in terms of accuracy. This North marking found on the SB.

4.2 The actual tilt is at +-17 degrees to the right. While the SB is only 7 degrees. A 10 degrees difference in tilt: which is quite a significant difference.

5. Given that from personal experience, for many other developments the variance is only 1 or 3 degrees difference between what is on the street map (onemap) vs the SB. 

5.1. Under Flying Star Feng Shui sometimes a few degrees makes all the difference in the plotting and interpretation and analysis of a home.

1558444526_correctcompassdirection.thumb.png.59ee1a8cfb2577d66b18162c0d2aa507.png

5.2. Blue arrow should be the correct North marking in relation to the layout plan.

5.3. The original SB's tilt is 7 degrees:

72566489_northmarkingonoriginalsb7degreestilt.thumb.png.2c63dd76ca6af369253760321a4ee579.png

6. Of course, it would be great if the development had T.O.P. Thus nothing beats being physically present to confirm compass readings. 

6.1. For now, the next best is to try and match to reliable street maps such as onemap.sg 

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Case Study 2: Should I buy a unit facing the development's Substation and Bin Centre?

Legend No. 22 = Substation and Bin Centre.

1895058757_substationandbincentre.png.4aaeadcdee948510bbc3260656bae796.png

1. Common sense and stigma says that if possible especially (avoid stacks #46 and #47). In fact if possible also try to avoid stacks #45 and #48 especially low floors.

2. Even if oneself and family members are not adverse to it. Later, may certainly hurt the re-sale of that unit.

• Staff

Case Study 3: Is there an issue with both the Dry and Wet kitchen stoves sharing the same wall as the Yard toilet?

1. In my opinion, although this is less than perfect but still acceptable:

1.1. Dry Kitchen Stove

1.1.1. But nevertheless for the dry kitchen stove, the WC is not sharing the same wall as the stove. Furthermore, the stove is no where placed against this sidewall. 

1.1.2. Thus no issue whatsoever for the dry kitchen stove.

1.2. Wet Kitchen Stove

1.2.1. Again, not perfect. But still not a MAJOR issue/concern. As the Yard WC does not actually back-to-back with the stove.

1.2.2. To read this layout plan, this means that the WC is WALL mounted. Not a floor mounted. one. 

1611734458_leedon-green-floor-plan-3-bedroom-premium-type-c3stoveandwc.thumb.png.d208c16d2566b748afba798600de234b.png

Samples of a wall mounted WC. Note: Not from/of Leedon Green:-

Sample wall mounted WC (1).jpg

Notice the wall mounted flushing mechanism:-

Sample wall mounted WC (2).jpg

For your information, the flushing mechanism uses a hydraulic pump system:-

The disadvantage of a wall mounted WC is that it takes up additional WIDTH space: meaning it will protrude out of the wall as shown in these sample photos.

For example, do notice that the actual sink and basin is closer to the wall. 

Sample wall mounted WC (3).jpg

Note: Above photos are NOT from Leedon Green. Simply my personal collection of photos.

Caution: If in doubt on the type of WC, always ask your respective Agent to confirm this. As frankly, I am not responsible if the above type is not provided here or that the specifications have changed for one reason or another.

Sample wall mounted WC (2)x.jpg

Such wall mounted WC systems are not necessarily exclusive to "atas" or high end condos. Some ECs and even BTOs like HDB Pinnacle at Duxton also does provide such fittings.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Case Study 4: A clash of stove and sink - Type E4 Block 26 #01-07

1. There are two sinks in the kitchen: A large and small one. Sales brochure seems to suggest that the smaller sink also does have a water pipe.

2104064890_1sinkandstoveclash1.png.e0ef9455219eccb5df88535475de9917.png

2. Here, this water pipe + sink drain clashes with the large stove hob.

3. Typically, this is no matter what: considered a clash of stove and sink.

576981256_1sinkandstoveclash.thumb.png.3dd859e87aba0e5d414d1b14463697c5.png

4. No issue with the stove sharing the same wall as the dry kitchen's fridge. 

• Staff

Interlude: Kudos to the architect for getting the placement of washing machine and dryer in the right order!

1. One must get the placement order absolutely correct, here.

2. This is because of the need to install a water pipe and drainage to cater for a washing machine.

2.1. (Not withstanding the wall plug.. which is universally changeable between a washing machine and dryer - other than giving 13 amp or 15 amps x 2 sockets.)

3. Often, when I receive client's landed property layout proposals where there are a washer and dryer involved; more likely than not, their architect (perhaps a greenhorn) or has done very little of landed properties. May accidentally swap the position of the washer with dryer.

2027408586_1washeranddryer1.png.b0d856a15684eb261cd5fa2439ae7d12.png4. As you can see. There is a common sense reasoning behind placing the washing machine to the left and dryer to the right. (If we are standing facing them):

4.1. This has more to do with the doors of both machines.

4.2. Do you know that majority of front loading washing machines have their door swing to the left. While that of the dryer to the right.

4.3. This is to facilitate the ease of removing partially wet clothes (taken out of the washing machine) and seamlessly transferred to the dry.

5. What happens if the washer and dryer are switched?

6. If so, the doors of the two machines would be an obstruction to the smooth transfer of clothings.

6.1. And if one is clumsy, may even damage both doors as they may crash against each other and constant wear and tear on the edges of the doors.

6.2. As the clothings are transferred from the washer to the dryer.

1 washing machine and dryer.png7. Photo showing stacked washer and dryer. Did you notice door swings are different for these two individual machines.

7.1. In a stacked environment.. not perfect, but it still works well even if clothes are transferred from washer to dryer.

7E8D8371-53BB-4995-BB0F-33C31E976D18.jpeg

8. Do avoid the "wrong placement of Dryer and Washer as shown, here:-

720334190_1washeranddryerx.png.0d85ae33060ee4e070f6bee399ece419.png

9. This falls under the concept of "Even if you do not stay there, do a good job!" Habit Number 10: "You Stay Three!"

2072929532_12HabitsofFengShuiMindmap2.thumb.png.2723f410ec801cb5446c711005af8ceb.png

10. Many times, even if it is not a Feng Shui issue. Somehow, somewhere, it may indirectly become one!

Maid: "Mum, I resign!"

Madam of the house: "Why?"

Maid: "It's hard to use the washer and then the dryer! I always strain myself!"

Madam... hmmm... 

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...