About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

When drawing the lines to find the centre of the house, should the balcony be included? If the balcony is not included, the house looks almost like a rectangle with no missing corners. But once the balcony is included, it looks like there is a missing co

myfs_160768

Hi Master Lee,

When drawing the lines to find the centre of the house, should the balcony be included?

If the balcony is not included, the house looks almost like a rectangle with no missing corners. But once the balcony is included, it looks like there is a missing corner. 

Thank you for your advice.

Sponsored Link

• Staff
6 minutes ago, myfs_160768 said:

Hi Master Lee,

When drawing the lines to find the centre of the house, should the balcony be included?

If the balcony is not included, the house looks almost like a rectangle with no missing corners. But once the balcony is included, it looks like there is a missing corner. 

Thank you for your advice.

1. Frankly, in general, often a balcony remains an "outdoor" space.

2. In the past, unless someone add windows at the balcony (especially those former HDB Executive flats) else, since it is not considered a living area, I would in this instance exclude the balcony.

3. What about if one installs a Zip-track external blinds?

3.1. I remembered the year : 2017. When the first Australian brand Zip-track external blinds were installed at Vue 8 condominium in Pasir Ris.

3.2. Waterway Point condo T.O.P. 2016. Some units were provided with aluminium louvred balcony panels.  And The Topiary EC T.O.P. 2016 where stacks facing afternoon sun at Block 15 were also installed with such aluminium panels. These panels can be moved to allow open space at the balcony.

4. In my opinion, although these balconies could be used for some activities. But technically, these are not actually living/sleeping areas. Given that Zip-track blinds have perforation and on heavy windy days, water can still seep-in.

4.1. As for the aluminium panels found under Para 3.2. above; it is also not air-tight. It is meant to be airy and if tilt at a right angle, still got large openings.

5. It is in my opinion that under Para 3, above. These should still not be included as part of the area to include to find the centrepoint of the unit.

6. I based this at the moment on both logic thus = common sense.

7. As Feng Shui does have lots of Indian Chiefs; I would not be surprised a difference of opinon.

8. Thus if someone else MAY have a better argument, and if it sounds logical, can consider this. But for the moment, I am sticking to what I had written, here. But will continue to have an open mind. 

8.1. In the future, for example, if somehow the zip-track blind quality has improved to the point that it can control the air into the balcony making it somehow air-tight... 

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

1. Drawing a parallel to what is meant by the Frontage of a home.

2. In the past; ancients could not dream that nowadays, many especially in crowded cities like Singapore and Hong Kong have to stay in high rise.

3. Thus, during that time, the ancients simply or generally state that to take readings (compass) one should stand at the main door looking out...

4. Perhaps in another 10, 20 or 30 years (if there is still a balcony) it could even be a real or additional living space. Unconcerned with wind and leaking rain etc..

5. Thus based on such technology, one may have the right to include the current "non-living" space aka the balcony.

6. Hopefully, by then someone reading this article should not say that "Master Cecil Lee" said so, it has to be so.. LOL... 

• Staff

1. Above questions are considered useful to many. 

2. And one can expect a reply.

3. Such replies comes from personal experience.

4. Unfortunately, everyday, many unverified questions will remain in a black hole. Learn Why? 

4.1. Frankly NO ONE ELSE besides (that person) in this forum cares about that unit in a tiny red-dot or anywhere else in that world and whether it has good or bad Feng Shui.