About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Water tank behind house

kev

Hello Master Cecil,

I wonder if this is too much to ask. I have been trying to find out about the impact of living in a house with a huge water tank behind (or beside) a property but there are not so many resources. All say it's not good but they are referring to a water tower that looks out of place and gives off a scary impression. But what if it's a solid looking structure built on the ground like the example in the screenshots (please, if it is against rules to post pictures of another person's property, do not publish them):

spacer.png

spacer.png

The water tank sits behind the house and is on a higher level.

Source and Credit: Google 2020:-

spacer.png

From my perspective, I feel that this particular structure is not overpowering in size and does not stick out like a sore thumb. In fact, I would feel safer because 1) I feel protected from the back, 2) I believe it will dampen sounds from the traffic behind, plus it is not another house 3) it has a perimeter fence and besides, who would want to break into a water tank?

Looking at this objectively, is it still a threat in Feng Shui?

Many thanks,

K

Sponsored Link

• Staff

These are some considerations:

1. Thanks for your concern on copyright issues + privacy. For education purposes, so long as your snapshot contains copyright markers e.g. "Google 2020"  and used in an education setting, one is safe to use the information.

2. Furthermore, unless the user had specifically requested to be removed e.g. the US government's sensitive military camps etcs... everything else is fair-game.

2.1. However, if whoever writes politely for it to be removed, one should remove the photos, that's all. Otherwise, as mentioned above, this is educational.  

3. Only thing is your last "zoomed" image does not have any copyright markers. Thus I have added a: "Source and Credit to Google 2020".

370770993_canlivewithit.png.f3175a7d05f98e1e869102f3536e7e22.png4. Frankly, I agree with what you had wrote.

5. Firstly, the concrete water tank is a solid structure and even if it may contain water, the test is that it does not look threatening.

6. In many countries, especially in Singapore, many private developments with 50 plus units do also built such water tank cum pump rooms.

6.1. Because these buildings look seemingly innocent, rectangular ... many are not aware that it is identical to the circular water tank mentioned here.

6.2. Only thing is that it may not be round and obvious or that large.

6.3. So long as it is not a sewerage container.. then no issue.

7. From a Feng Shui point of view, such a circular structure + it's low height can still circulate air. Much better than a solid wall.

stigma.gif.ac5b08770253500083631f362a016b9b.gif8. The only thing that might ruin the "Feng Shui" is that not everyone will agree with you and me. As they may have a certain bias or "stigma" associated with it.

9. Thus, in a potential re-sale situation, let's hope that the potential buyer will not find it a concern. If so, it can affect the re-sale + re-sale value.

10. There is also situations where it may end up as a psychological mind-play. Where one's visitors e.g. relatives, friends: e.g. 4 out of 10 gave poor or inauspicious comments.

11. For some, hearing too many of such negative comments may instead - get into their head. And thus express their own doubts. If one is of this character, then do forget purchasing this home.

Owner: "Master you said that it was Okay. In fact, you had penned it down so clearly!"

Owner: "But nearly every of my visitor to my home commented negatively about it!"

Owner: "Master, please explain why??"

12. If one is of this sort, then please forget about buying such a home! 

13. Alternatively, some would say "Mind your own business!" M.Y.O.B!

MYOB.thumb.png.345ca9c349cf63bb22bfe22150876dd2.png

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net