About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Looking to buy a unit - is this floorplan and facing okay?

Kentofu

Hello Shifu!

I'm considering to buy this HDB unit and would like to check whether the layout and facing is suitable? I was told that west sun shining into the master bedroom is not ideal at all. I've also attached a picture of the vicinity and the general orientation of the unit for your reference. It's basically located at the corner of the L-shape configuration of the building.

Thanks in advance for your guidance!

Capture.PNG

Map.PNG

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. This unit potentially every afternoon till roughly 5.30pm on a sunny day will have the afternoon sun rays soaking into the master bedroom wall.

964237115_afternoonsunandmypotentialhome.thumb.png.46c76e675b25200ff69a07687460aea3.png

2. HDB walls are often able to as mentioned above "soak-in" the afternoon sun heat and often even as late as 8pm, the heat could ooze out of the master bedroom wall.

3. It is because of this reason that is why many experienced persons who had such experience will testify that if they had known, they would try to avoid such a home like "the plague."

4. Through the course of my Feng Shui experience, when I do an audit review, I often asked a client whether they were aware of this?

5. Many first time buyers told me that they were  totally unaware.

5.1. Cannot blame them. As often the potential seller would either turn on the air-con during viewing and/or fortunate enough that the viewing took place on a cloudy day.

6. Fortunately this NE home's afternoon sun rays are simply just at the master bedroom wall and of course, good that it is at the service yard area = good for drying clothes.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

You wrote: "... would like to check whether the layout and facing is suitable?"

One must do due diligence with a Feng Shui Triage.  

For example: The main breadwinner's birth date + exact compass readings + lease commencement date are some of the considerations under such a scientific Feng Shui assessment. 

And the marks awarded in terms of suitability can consists of:-

1. Location, location, location          = 70%
2. Frontage                                       = 10%
3, Kitchen                                          = 10%
4.  Main Bedroom                             = 10%
                                             TOTAL  = 100%

1671028611_dakotaonetotal100percent.png.aeeb3bbfd9e61418d4d2f8c67f82eb58.png
(C) Geomancy.net 2020

B. Please note that your question is like asking just (Frontage) 10% out of a total of 100% as illustrated as above. But what about a big chunk = Location, location, location is a whopping 70% !. 

Reference:

• Staff

Currently in Singapore there are two classifications of Feng Shui Masters.

1. One group only eats and sleeps on the Front door.

2. Thus unfortunately, often the assessment differs from whom you may want to seek advice.

3. Before engaging a FSM, always check their inclination: Is it the Front door? Hmm.. LOL

Hello Shifu,

Thank you for taking the time to reply so promptly. Truly appreciate it. For reference this unit is at xxxxxx By location, are you referring to accessibility and convenience? I'm planning to view the unit again in the evening (around 6pm) to feel whether the soak-in effect is really an issue.

P.S. Appended by Cecil Lee. For privacy, I have masked out the Block and location. Best of Luck!

Yes, it is the smart thing to do-:)

• Staff
24 minutes ago, Kentofu said:

Hello Shifu,

By location, are you referring to accessibility and convenience?

No, no! 

It is the External environment, the Site, the Block, the Unit. Here, in Feng Shui, it is literally or better known as Shapes and Forms Feng Shui.

Aiyoh! Feng Shui is not about accessibility and convenience. This has more to do with Real Estate ... Good if so. But a secondary consideration only.

Feng Shui is about Earth Luck and potential Wealth / Health luck. LOL

• Staff

Case Study: Do you know that even if a geomancer says that the site is excellent, all sites are govern by the concept of the Bell Curve

1. Remember, even if a geomancer says that this is a good development. However, a good unit also depends on where it is within the development:

1016030592_THEBELLCURVE(1).png.6bd8421a800bf571c5f03c1f9fa4a481.png

2. Is your potential unit under the Good, the Bad or the Ugly?

971573323_THEBELLCURVE(3)A.thumb.png.42e5c2184f174bfa1d33f630df7f5658.png564893878_THEBELLCURVE(2).thumb.png.b12d753baed592dd7739556efd6e0a6e.png

3. Often if one is lucky, even if the unit is not so fantastic superficially. Some units are like an unpolished gem. While others unfortunately may be a hopeless rotten apple.

3.1. Just imagine, if the unit is like a 10 year old rundown 1,000 cc car. Even a good Feng Shui Master is unable to turn it into a good unit!  

1223152688_unpolishedgemorlemon.png.abb51c55256cd4cbcda8809d95be7a7a.thumb.png.60f198235c0ec9fd543d82bb3bdb9a0a.png

By the way, (above) this falls under Habit Number 11.

4. Under Habit 1, one possibility is by ranking one's bedroom type by stack/unit: 1st choice, 2nd choice etc... 

546183713_HABIT1B.png.6ce21c3762026c92d7356fb74f366862.png

Reference: Habit 1 can be found under this link:-

• Cecil Lee pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Case Study 1:  House Hunting: External Shapes and Forms and the Three Major Considerations of Frontage, Kitchen and Main Bedroom.

1. The conclusion of this review is that this potential unit is not suitable for this family.

2. And consider this unit as a Last Resort for them.

439127599_HDBFLORASPRINGHOUSEHUNTINGCOMMENTS-PART1.thumb.png.81958523ff7d3e24d55da24b4f2cf7dc.png1440462597_HDBFLORASPRINGHOUSEHUNTINGCOMMENTS-PART2.thumb.gif.ec54f9985034c4c4ca82bd44982a7899.gif

Related:
Off-site Can or cannot buy Re-sale:
https://www.geomancy.net/forums/blogs/entry/10-off-site-local-international-house-hunting-can-or-cannot-buy-eyeing-a-few-homes-which-home-is-better-for-me/

On-site Can or cannot buy Re-sale:
https://www.geomancy.net/forums/blogs/entry/11-on-site-house-hunting-can-or-cannot-buy-review-of-a-re-sale-home/