About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Main door facing relocated due to purchase of the recess area + showing a glaring flaw in the Conservative's argument of using only the Main Door

Rinjo

Hi Master Cecil,

I m buying a resale hdb a corner unit n the owner has purchase the recess area n the entrance door has been relocated to face east instead of the original north facing. 

So, can I take the main door fengshui facing as East or I still need to take the whole hdb original structure of a north main door facing. Thank you

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. Based on the following write-up, should USUALLY take the readings standing inside the living room looking outwards (most of the time for high-rise buildings).

Extract from Geomancy.net Resource

This is a good reason why for high-rise units, one should try to avoid taking the readings from the main (front) door especially if the main door and the frontage are not the same:-

14. Case Study 1: "Flaws of taking reading from the main door: Same unit why is there so many possible different directions?"

14.1 As one is at the mercy of how the architect or planner joins the unit to the entire block"

14.2 Below: These four unit's living room all faces North. But if we apply the Conservative's method, it would mean that:
Unit 1 faces South;
Unit 2 faces SW;
Unit 3 faces East & lastly
Unit 4 faces West

1050040719_2ATTHEMERCYOFTHEARCHITECT.thumb.png.75e6f68a6c1aa4a6ef58d4e72f778061.png

14.3 Below: The Conservative's method depends on the mercy of the architect:-

352610464_3MERCYOFTHEARCHITECT.thumb.png.5e9d7033c25b937e0d3caf7bd617225b.png

14.4 Below: The Modernists will consider all four Units as facing North irregardless of the main door facing:-

1080964450_4METHOD2.thumb.png.67dbc2a85d97413f492f3f9e27844159.png

15. Case Study 2: "Just imagine if the unit is at the ground floor much like a landed property home."

1672248948_5UNDERSTANDINGFRONTAGE.thumb.png.6968ae2ce479381e7f9679a55f95abb9.pngUnder this illustration, one comes into the home from the "balcony" side:-

Thus one can use the above example to further illustrate the idea of the frontage of the home as the living room facing side.

16. In conclusion, does not automatically mean the main entrance door in modern times.

16.1. The purpose of finding the frontage is thus to locate the most yang qi. Thus for apartments the most logical is via the larger opening areas such as the whole stretch of the living room area towards most of the bedrooms..

76502245_MAINDOOR.thumb.JPG.c503c6dabec1a590eee4b1a338c74fe8.JPG16.2. The main door in an apartment is just a single door and it is not like one leave the main door open 24/7.

Reference:

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Case Study: Estate upgrading exercise with lifts stopping at all floors

1. There are many estates in Singapore e.g. Bedok Reservoir, Tampines, Bukit Batok, Marsiling and just everywhere with similar layout type.

2. Fortunately, for this sample illustration (Bedok Reservoir) the main (front) door direction still remains the same.

3. This illustration shows why main (front) door may change due to estate upgrading exercise for those who are not too family with it. 
81909577_illustrationofchangeofmaindoor.thumb.png.90b0430307623bb1f0880b62d837ca30.png

4. One client I know told me that he might in the future take advantage of this "two main doors”. And partition one side to become a DUAL key unit. LOL

4.1. He has indeed shared with me his plans. And I had also advised him and later he came up with a potential future "revised plan".. once he retires.

• Cecil Lee changed the title to Main door facing relocated due to purchase of the recess area + showing a glaring flaw in the Conservative's argument of using only the Main Door
  • Cecil Lee pinned this topic
  • Staff

Case Study: Many HDB 5 Bedroom Point-block flats of the mid 1970's to 1980's main door may change if residents purchase the area as shown in yellow

1. Sample shows the layout at Block 79 Marine Drive:-

297056958_79marinedrive5bedroompointblock.thumb.png.5dffc64e1096de6457d4336ed195e5a5.png

2. For Heaven's Sake, Please consider this as the frontage for this layout type:-

2139389551_79marinedrive5bedroompointblock.thumb.png.fb517c6d7ddb0a7d33e656e2f50391ca.png

2.1. In Feng Shui, the Frontage need not be equal to the Main (Front) Door!

2.2. For this example, here the Frontage is = Standing inside the living room looking out of the windows MOST of the TIME. Unless one has a reasonable argument to say that it should be the purchased area looking outwards of it.

2.3. Feng Shui is live. As some can even claim that it could be standing inside the Study cum Balcony looking outwards. 

3. Always, objectively hear the argument and strive to think if it is logical or not.

4. Tip: Before engaging a Feng Shui Master always check: Is the frontage the main door?