About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Grandma passed on & buying HDB Resale flat

Elsa

My grandmother has passed away 1 week ago but I want to buy HDB resale apartment to live nearby my workplace. 

I read that I need to wait 100 days after her passing before I can move in.

Within these 100 days:

Can I still go for housing viewing right now? Can I buy HDB resale apartment right now? 
Can I collect key if I manage to buy one?

Can I open the HDB door for renovation? 
I understand that there is open ceremony and I have to find an auspicious date to open the door. So do I have to wait 100 days before I can open the door? If yes, I will have to wait until almost mid July. Then, allow ID to renovate my house. I guess during renovation period, it will meet the Hungry Ghost Festival. Is that good? Or should I wait after Hungry Ghost Festival is over, then I open door and allow renovation to start? Or I should even wait till Hungry Ghost Festival is over before I can start house viewing and then collect key? 

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Firstly, my sincere condolences to you and your family.

In my opinion, the logic behind the 100 days or 3 years is associate more with Weddings.

What you mentioned has more association with moving in during the Qing Ming month .. usually 1 week before and 1 week after either 4th or 5th April. Depending on that year specific year.

But cannot buy a home? Hmm....

The only Chinese customs / logic is that if grandmother used to stay in a specific house. But within the 100 days... someone moves to a NEW home. There may be a high and mighty chance that grandmother within this 100 days has not gone into the light.

And if one moves house... she may  "return" to find that whole family had moved. And no one notifies her of this!

Thus.. what you mentioned is not logical. 

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net