About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Summary of Big Luck pillars - this site's free calculator shows bad luck for 60 years.

InquiringMind

Hi, I just entered my birth details on your Free Personal Ba Zi / Feng Shui Element Report and it showed inauspicious overall luck for my entire productive life. Literally from the age of 20 to 80 (which is pretty much the age of someone's entire life). I only have good luck at the age of 90 to 100

Does that mean I have a really bad bazi chart and life would generally be unlucky?

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Unfortunately, this is quite common there are many people with such types of chart. This just means they don't have much big luck with them throughout their life. They will still have some 5-yearly medium and yearly small luck from time to time, and/or major/minor wealth/unexpected wealth luck etc.

However, generally without big luck means their overall luck score won't be as great probably would be around probably around 10%-40% range compared to a person who has big luck with them where their highest luck score close to 90%. Those with big luck with them generally whatever things they do, things will likely go in their favour even if they don't put in as much effort. Those without, means that they have no luck on their side, so they have to work even harder on their own to succeed.

Otherwise, in most cases, they will need to work even harder to succeed. 

You see a person's luck is made up of 3 forms of luck:-

1) Heaven Luck - Luck you are born with and supposed to have.

2) Earth Luck - Luck from your Home/Office and surrounding environment.

3) Human Luck - Luck from your relationship with others and your own hard work.

Each luck is about 33.3%. So in your case your heaven luck would probably only be around 5-10%. There will still be your Earth Luck (33.3%) and Human Luck (33.3%) which will make up your overall luck.

That's why a good home with good feng shui can significantly affect your luck as that makes up 33.3% of your luck. Then the rest depends on your human luck effort. 

So in your case, you have to depend more on the Earth and Human Luck to compensate the Heaven Luck.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee

58 minutes ago, Robert Lee said:

Unfortunately, this is quite common there are many people with such types of chart. This just means they don't have much big luck with them throughout their life. They will still have some 5-yearly medium and yearly small luck from time to time, and/or major/minor wealth/unexpected wealth luck etc.

However, generally without big luck means their overall luck score won't be as great probably would be around probably around 10%-40% range compared to a person who has big luck with them where their highest luck score close to 90%. Those with big luck with them generally whatever things they do, things will likely go in their favour even if they don't put in as much effort. Those without, means that they have no luck on their side, so they have to work even harder on their own to succeed.

Otherwise, in most cases, they will need to work even harder to succeed. 

You see a person's luck is made up of 3 forms of luck:-

1) Heaven Luck - Luck you are born with and supposed to have.

2) Earth Luck - Luck from your Home/Office and surrounding environment.

3) Human Luck - Luck from your relationship with others and your own hard work.

Each luck is about 33.3%. So in your case your heaven luck would probably only be around 5-10%. There will still be your Earth Luck (33.3%) and Human Luck (33.3%) which will make up your overall luck.

That's why a good home with good feng shui can significantly affect your luck as that makes up 33.3% of your luck. Then the rest depends on your human luck effort. 

So in your case, you have to depend more on the Earth and Human Luck to compensate the Heaven Luck.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee

Thanks for your reply. I actually got a reading done a few years ago and they said that I had a really good chart for the future and that my childhood was unlucky. It wasn't a roadside fortune teller either. It was from a legit place with a good reputation for good readings.

The thing I remember is that he said that I had a really good birth chart because of the time I was born...they said my childhood was unlucky but the rest of my life was lucky.

so i found it puzzling that on the online reading, my childhood was good but the rest was "inauspicious". which is opposite to what the face to face consultant said.

I assume somebody must analyze the findings in depth for a better picture. But it's still an interesting result.

58 minutes ago, Robert Lee said:

• Staff

Frankly, I have no idea what your chart looks like since I haven't done a review on it. I was replying based on what you asked about the inauspicious big luck info. So based on that info, it does mean that you do not have much big luck on your side. So compared to say another person who has big luck with them in the same date range, yours will pale in comparison. However, there will still be some luck that is auspicious for you, and/or some luck with medium+small luck which will still bring you luck.

As far as what you said, the difference in big luck may likely be due to your birth element. Depending on how accurate the analysis is done to determine if you are weak or strong, that may result in your chart being weak or strong. There will be difference in luck forecast based on what that final element is determined to be. 

I really don't know how detailed they do their analysis, but as far as our site is considered, we consider many aspects including the additional House of Life and House of Conception which I know many do not know calculate. Plus, the many clashes/combinations that take place, which can results in the possible changes in your five element to finally determine whether you are weak or strong based on breaking it down into percentage value. Which makes it clear to tell if you are a weak or strong person. This portion is important as that determines how your overall luck will be, what elements you lack and need more than others etc.

So far as our site and our free report is concerned, all these are considered and thus the free report will be exactly the same final results as the paid report. As all the details are considered. Only that in the free report we may not show all the details and/or explanations. So as long as your date of birth info is correct, the final analysis will be exactly the same. As our free report is meant for many of our site users to use in troubleshooting issues and/or to make use of many of our free reports like daily forecast which you will need to know whether you are a weak or strong element. So there is no reason for us to cripple the reports.

We have done so many research and several millions of analysis today. And till, sometimes I am quite amazed at how a lot of indicators often matches what most of the clients are facing or had faced before when they ask us to review it. Only time it doesn't match is usually because there is some additional issues which is based on the Earth Luck (home/office feng shui etc), which can adversely impact it. And that's how often we can trouble issues depending on whether it comes from the Heaven or Earth luck. Thus, all our free tools are provided for everyone to freely make use.

Even in the free ba zi, we do provide the yearly forecast for the current big luck just for users to see their luck flow in the past few years. That is generally will help them see if there were issues due to their luck or possibly other factors, as well as how their current luck flow is heading, upwards or downwards. 

Anyway, big luck is just one factor, even if you don't have the big luck with you, as long as you don't have other factors like low wealth luck and/or luck period with lots of major clash/harms, then your overall luck may not be as bad. But for sure, when you compare to someone which has better big luck, then probably yours will pale in comparison. 

So you still need to look at the overall luck and all the other factors. 

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee

Is it possible for an entire day of a particular year and month to be entirely inauspicious (irrespective of time of day)? So everyone born on that particular day/month for that specific year is not very lucky in general. Cause I checked the calculator for all the times for that particular date/year, and they all had the same general luck result.

• Staff

Yes, possible, because some days (all hours, with only a few hours will be completely opposite luck). So if a person is born on that date and timing, then most of big luck will not with him. However, in 120 year big luck cycle, there will usually be 3 big luck with them no matter how unlucky. Just whether these 3 big luck comes in early or late. Of which the 1st 80 years would be generally of bigger interest, since most average life span is around there.

If happen, it comes in early, ie 1st 3 big luck, then the rest usually 6 or 9 periods will be inauspicious. The better ones is where at least these 3 big auspicious luck comes in during age 20-50 where it is consider your prime working age. Then, even though the big luck is not with them, it is still not so bad. .

There will be varying types of luck period within a year, so it will cycle between very good to very bad. So if happen to be born on those days that happen to be very bad, then your overall luck will be not so good. Hence, besides balancing your five elements, you then have to depend a lot on your Earth and Human luck factor. 

Unfortunately, that's just life. Not everyone is always fortunate to be so call "born with a silver spoon". However, in most cases given there is Earth and Luck which still affects 66.6% of your overall luck, so it is also not completely all doom and gloomy. But those without much fortunate big luck, will have to put in double/triple or even quadruple the effort. So it's still possible to succeed, but you will have to put in even more effort than usual.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee

In addition, the fact that I was born at exactly 1:00 p.m. makes it even more confusing. To be exact I was born on Feb 5 1985 at exactly 1:00 p.m. in (37.5665° N, 126.9780° E)

I don't know if I'm an ox or a rat. Some online calculators show ox, some show rat.

One consultant said that i had bad luck during childhood. But this site's online reading shows I have good luck in childhood. This site showed I was an ox (but also a rat),,,, But other sites mostly either show that I am an ox, or a rat...

I feel like online calculators may not be as accurate? due to differing results.

• Staff

1. Unfortunately, there are many different theories and concepts in Feng Shui. Hence, I am not surprised at all that even if you get 5 different masters, you may end up getting 5 completely different reviews. Ultimately, it is how experience that master is and how complete or comprehensive was the analysis based on, that will determine how good he/her assessment will be.

So to an average person this can be very confusing. So best advice I can offer is to find one reliable one and then at least get to know what fundamental concepts he/she is uses. It must at least make sense and use as many concepts together since the many concepts each is for a different purpose. But when you combine the results of the various analysis, normally there will be 2 or more concepts which will re-enforce the previous assessment. 

2. This issue is exactly the problem that was highlighted in the earlier link I provided regarding Location factor. The use of the Lunar/Seasonal calendar differences. 

URL: https://www.geomancy.net/forums/topic/10229-understand-the-chinese-lunar-and-xia-calendar-in-ba-zi-four-pillars-used-by-various-masters-and-why-not-to-totally-depend-on-just-the-xia-hsia-seasonal-solar-calendar-alone/?do=findComment&comment=20838

3. The issue here is that many analysis still primarily based on Lunar Calendar, that's why you see that we celebrate the new year based on 1st day of Lunar Calendar and not the 1st day of the Seasonal Calendar. So your ba zi chart is one of the those that happen to fall in between the crossing of two years. So your Seasonal Month and Seasonal Year pillar by right will be a litte different. Lunar calendar will show you are a Rat while Seasonal calendar is Ox.

Since I don't know your gender (male/female). But the chart won't look too different:-

URL (Male): https://online.geomancy.net/public/code/html-fs-self-free.php?pay=0&tpl=chart_true_element&username=&gender=1&day=5&month=02&year=1985&hour=8

URL (Female): https://online.geomancy.net/public/code/html-fs-self-free.php?pay=0&tpl=chart_true_element&username=&gender=2&day=5&month=02&year=1985&hour=8

4. Given that most Chinese Horoscope still based on Lunar Calendar, hence we should still continue to follow the Lunar Calendar horoscope to avoid future confusion. This Seasonal Calendar is primarily used in this ba zi only for it's seasonal influence. Hence, all our tools at Geomancy.Net is all standardize to use Lunar Calendar. In the ba zi, the seasonal influence is calculated where necessary. This is better, otherwise, you get confusion of whether you are an Rat/Ox. 

As you cannot be two completely different horoscope at the same time. Otherwise, your how to check your compatibility as the compatibility between Rat and Ox will be different.

5. This also probably explains why maybe your luck forecast is different, as depending on whether the person who analyse your report use full seasonal calendar your month and year pillar or both will be different. This would result in different five element percentage. Which will affect whether you are weak or strong.

6. In our case, our ba zi determine you as a weak Wood because:-

Total Favourable Elements
(that make you strong)

Wood (13.3%)
+
Water (13.3%)
+
Fire (30.0%)

56.7%
< Total Unfavourable Elements
(that make you weak)

Metal (26.7%)
+
Earth (16.7%)
+
Fire (30.0%)

73.3%
= Therefore,
you are a
Weak Wood

NOTE: Fire element both helps you and weakens you, so eventually it cancel itself out in the equation. But based on the above, it is clear that sine you total favourable element that make you strong is less than total favourable element that makes you weak, therefore you are a weak wood.

7. Anyway, unfortunately, it will be confusing for you as an end user. But that's where it is important that you seek a master you trust and so best to know a bit of what concept the master uses and why. As that can really affect the analysis and advise given. 

8. Seeking free advise from all over the place will end up getting you a messed up advise as there may be varying concepts being applied. So if they do not work well together, you will end up with all sorts of wrong advise or solutions which end up doesn't help you at all.

9. As far as our site is concerned, all our tools are designed to work well with one another as well as they are based on years of experience and research based on millions of clients we have done the review for. So we are able to see which concepts work well together and how to prioritize the assessment. So all our tools are tweaked from our years of experience and from what works best for most people most of the time. Not to mentioned, by knowing all the various conception and difference, we are able to know why we chose a certain concept over many others. As these are important, you can probably tell that the issue you faced is one of the reason why adopt the Lunar Calendar Ba Zi with application of Seasonal Calendar where necessary to avoid this Rat-Ox issue.