About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

What color should I paint my Front for the East frontage house?

myfs_77438

Dear Cecil,

According to the Flying Star for the East frontage house, you have two proposed solutions:

1)  Make use of Fire to destroy and control Metal  (this means I should paint my front door RED)

2)  Make use of Metal to destroy and control Wood  (this means I should paint my front door WHITE)

So what color should I paint my front door?  Red  or White?  

(FYI, I'm a Strong Water, and I have Zero Fire in my element chart.  So probably Red is a better choice.  What do you think?

Many THANKS in advance to you.

Hoa

Sponsored Link

• Staff
24 minutes ago, myfs_77438 said:

Dear Cecil,

According to the Flying Star for the East frontage house, you have two proposed solutions:

1)  Make use of Fire to destroy and control Metal  (this means I should paint my front door RED)

2)  Make use of Metal to destroy and control Wood  (this means I should paint my front door WHITE)

So what color should I paint my front door?  Red  or White?  

(FYI, I'm a Strong Water, and I have Zero Fire in my element chart.  So probably Red is a better choice.  What do you think?

Many THANKS in advance to you.

Hoa

Oh Dear, no offense but such questions belong more to the 1970's and 1980's where one has limited understanding of Feng Shui.

Where once upon a time, the Mastery of Feng Shui was like:

North = Water
South = Fire etc....

Today, if one were to stay especially in any condo / ec / private apartments. Especially when exterior of the front doors need to have a uniform look or many doors are today wrapped in Formica or Laminate. How to paint on these.

As the years go by.. many new HDB estates are giving laminated doors that are near impossible to put a coat of paint on them. Want to change these doors? Hmm.. many have the requirement of 1/2 hour fire rating. And ain't cheap.

Thus for those in the above situation: Look at Habit Number 12: Headbanger?

Else, today's Feng Shui starts with Habits 1, 2 and 3.... etc...

Habit 3 is the most logical. 

1160095283_12HabitsofFengShuiMindmap2.thumb.png.27657dea676d9b28dc7c5f6383ef5869.png

Okay, I get it, your door can be painted under any colours under the rainbow.

If one wants to do so go ahead. Apply the "impressive" concepts of the bygone era... erh? WHITE? Can? Sure!

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

1)  I just bought a Period 7 house with the E1 frontage.  According to P7 house's Flying Star for the E1 sector, the MS is 7, WS is 3, your #1 proposed solution is "Make use of Fire to destroy and control Metal".   The Base star is 5, year star is 4, your #2 proposed solution is "Make use of Metal to destroy and control Wood".   This house has two Front doors.  The Main Front door (made of wood) has a light brown color.  Right outside of the Main Front door is a White aluminum Storm door.  Since the Storm door is already white, I was going to repaint the Main Front door Red to respond to your #1 proposed solution.   On second thought, won't Fire (Red) make the #5 base star (=sickness) Worse?  Please advice what color I should paint the Main Front door.  I'm attaching a picture of this house with the white storm door.   You will see the Main Front Door when you open the white storm door.

2)  On the side of the house is a Public Walkway which is not part of the house's property.  Under this walkway is the water drainage for the street.  Is this BAD fengshui?  I'm attaching two pictures here.Screenshot_20210531-010627_Earth.thumb.jpg.4915f60438bc12c793212bd9dd47c71e.jpg 

Screenshot_20210531-000519_Redfin 1.jpg

Screenshot_20210531-010929_Redfin.jpg

• Staff
20 hours ago, myfs_77438 said:

So what do you mean when you said "Make use of Fire to control Metal" and "Make use of Metal to control Wood" in your Flying Star charts?

1. By colours and/or Shapes:-

7508FF52-CC82-4100-BB15-CFBFD9A32CA0.thumb.jpeg.49cb207fd22a358bccfdb2ff1dd38959.jpeg

2. In the past, by broad associations. This was widely practised in the 1950s and especially towards the early 1980's.

2.1. Where some Feng Shui Masters (FSMs) associate Water with North. Fire with South. 

2.2. This is still being widely practised but is not the main consideration.

DE303D1E-8D1C-4400-A9DB-7B7B92D649BF.jpeg

3. Common Traditional Feng Shui cures:

3.1. Metal cures include hanging a string of 6 traditional coins tied with red string or a "salt water" cure etc...

• Staff
14 hours ago, myfs_77438 said:

1)  I just bought a Period 7 house with the E1 frontage.  According to P7 house's Flying Star for the E1 sector, the MS is 7, WS is 3, your #1 proposed solution is "Make use of Fire to destroy and control Metal".   The Base star is 5, year star is 4, your #2 proposed solution is "Make use of Metal to destroy and control Wood".   This house has two Front doors.  The Main Front door (made of wood) has a light brown color.  Right outside of the Main Front door is a White aluminum Storm door.  Since the Storm door is already white, I was going to repaint the Main Front door Red to respond to your #1 proposed solution.   On second thought, won't Fire (Red) make the #5 base star (=sickness) Worse?  Please advice what color I should paint the Main Front door.  I'm attaching a picture of this house with the white storm door.   You will see the Main Front Door when you open the white storm door.

2)  On the side of the house is a Public Walkway which is not part of the house's property.  Under this walkway is the water drainage for the street.  Is this BAD fengshui?  I'm attaching two pictures here.Screenshot_20210531-010627_Earth.thumb.jpg.4915f60438bc12c793212bd9dd47c71e.jpg 

Screenshot_20210531-000519_Redfin 1.jpg

Screenshot_20210531-010929_Redfin.jpg

1. An Overview of the Water Classics in Feng Shui

1.1. All plot of land has Three drainage directions. 

1.2. Thus if so happens that this photo is one of the three locations, then it is a concern:-
 Screenshot_20210531-010627_Earth.thumb.jpg.4915f60438bc12c793212bd9dd47c71e.jpg

1.2.1. But if the above drainage is not, then no issue.

2. But it is not like looking at a photo and making a guess-work.

3. Under Compass School of Feng Shui, as this suggest, one has to use the Compass method to determine it:-

42B6772F-483C-43CA-BE04-3BF4773A0A90.thumb.jpeg.c9a40b722ebd5357cf48f63ba48abb97.jpeg

4. For example, take a look at the science of Water Classics as shown under this example:-

5. Under the 12 Habits of Feng Shui, this is about Habit 1:-

1274953949_12.png.5955760888c29b6abe640bbb3de7a80a.png

5.1. Thus to properly assess one has to do a proper Triage or rather Feng Shui Triage. 

Reference: