About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

build loft with high ceiling in master bedroom

Jaene

Hi Master Cecil, 

I read your forum with interests. So practical views you have given. 

Would like your views on building a loft in my master bedroom.  My master bedroom area is about 3.3m x 3m and has high ceiling of 7m so am planning to build a loft with staircase.

Bottom level will be about 3m or more high. 
Staircase will be with storage/cupboard for clothes underneath. 

I intend to sleep downstairs as there is 2 windows and planning for old age (I am almost 50 years and hubby 52 year old).  The upper level will be for wardrobe and study table and no window as it’s all just fixed glass panel. But it will still be very bright.

I understand people usually sleep on upper level of loft and have a study table below but that’s because their ceiling height is only about 2.8m to 3m.   In my case, my ceiling is 7m and I will be able to have a full floor height of 3m for the lower level and also about 3m or more for the upper level loft. So it will be like adding a new entire floor.

There will be a walkway space of about 70cm between the end of my bed where my leg will be and the staircase cum clothes cupboard.

Would like your views on this loft and sleeping facing a staircase cum clothes cupboard.

thank you very much in advance. 

Regards,

Jen

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Under the "science" of Feng Shui, one should avoid sleeping or seat below a beam during a prolonged time. 

But a vaulted ceiling does not have a concentrated beam. Thus frankly no issue sleeping even below a loft again so long as there is no single beam(s).

The rest has more to do with perceived taboo or taboos. 

Unfortunately, some taboos (even if imaginary) can be difficult to shrug off. Thus even if some one tells that person no issue, what is stopping one from imaging. Furthermore, some of us live by hearsay information. Thus it could be that one could hear "bad mouth"  from friend or family member or loved ones.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 1 month later...