About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

High expectations from feng shui

Dear cecil,
From the examples like the one the user recently posted "Fishes in the living room" and reading testimonial like this from different books most users expect a lot from feng shui and they feel disappointed when some body tries to tell them otherwise. What do you think about this quick fixes which brings magical result. I find this kind of testimonial quite troubling. Here one users got the positive result but on the other hand we have the user who is experiencing trouble by place waterfall picture in SW. I don't know what to think since it gives false hope to the future users and the novice user of feng shui

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
I agree with what you have mentioned.
1. In the past, I have mentioned book authors like Derek Walters who if you notice explain concepts rather than `give' false hopes to their readers to place this or that in their home.
2. I believe an author must behave responsibly to their readers.
For example, Derek Walters, he wrote only two books on Feng Shui and he stopped there. I believe he had written a few more e.g. on Astrology.
3. I cannot thus imagine an author churning out tons and tons of books.
4. I believe, strongly that general theories like: Eight Associations or Life Aspirations are too general and not personalised for an individual.
5. Even the straight forward approaches e.g. Shapes and Form, if we see it properly, is also personalised to the e.g. home.
For example, if there happens to be a sharp edge of another building aimed at an individual's main door, this is `personalised' to the specific home.
Thus one cannot say that because one's home has such a poison arrow aimed at it, it automatically means that everyone has to `protect' their main door from this specific Sha Qi.
5. Similiarly, one can be a weak water person or strong fire person. Here, water position does help.
But if a person is already a weak fire or strong water person, adding water, will extinguish the `flame' of a weak fire person.
While adding water to an already strong water person would create problems to this person by creating an over imbalance of the situation.
6. Thus, if one properly knows how to apply Feng Shui, which is cross referenced to the various concepts e.g Shapes and Form, Compass Schools and Pillars of Destiny, and applying the Five Elements properly.
7. I believe we will see more situations of either it works or does not. Hopefully, it does not turn from normal to giving people `serious' problems.'
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 3/28/00 1:22:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear cecil,
From the examples like the one
the user recently posted
"Fishes in the living room"
and reading testimonial like
this from different books most
users expect a lot from feng
shui and they feel
disappointed when some body