About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Color of fish

moon88

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
1. There are many and varied ideas and beliefs regarding the type and number of fishes to be kept.
2. I agree that one belief is that some practitioners advise to keep fish according to the `season' of birth.
3. But, this is subject to interpretation or misinterpretation.
Nowadays, most fishes bred in captivity, no longer `comes' from one season but rather, difficult to determine the `exact' season.
Next, if you go to commercial outlet or shops, some of these outlets may have difficulty finding a fish that suits a person.
4. Here, you may end up buying fishes based on colors that suit you. For example, if you are a weak wood person, you may be asked to buy a green or brown fish.
In real life, where are u going to get a green fish or an `ugly' brown fish? I believe, that if you were to purchase a green fish (such as parrot fish) or majority of its body is green, then you may have to buy salt water fish or oceanic fishes.
Such fishes, may not be easy to rear.
Thus the question is what happens if the fish dies?
6. The above are some of the considerations if one wants to buy fish that `suits' the person.
If it is diffcult thing, then it is best to buy fishes that you personally like and are easy to `maintain'.
7. This situation is similar to the Feng Shui ruler.
Although it is said that best dimensions are based on the Feng Shui ruler. Today, it is not practical or cost effective to go buy a ready made furniture. And if the dimensions does not `fit' then what happens?
Usually, tables come in standard widths e.g. 4 feet, 6 feet, or 1 metre etc... Do one have the time to purchase a tailor made table. Even if one wants to will there be a manufacturer to produce one for the person?
8. Another important consideration is based on belief i.e. the type of fish.
Generally, Chinese consider fishes such as: the carp (koi), gold fish, golden arowana, lucky fishes to keep.
Thus no matter what element you are, these fishes are in general, `lucky' fishes.
9. Contrast this with a person's element such as water element:-
Here, the type of fish is either blue, black or shades of grey. You can still find blue fishes. But I believe most of these again are salt water varities.
Should you want to rear `black' or `grey' coloured fishes such as suckers etc...
10. Thus, it is best to buy fishes that you like. The next consideration is the maintenace of the fishes.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 5/20/00 1:54:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear cecil,
I read somewhere that the
color of fish should be kept
according to the season of
ones birth. Is it true.
Thanks.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net