About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Child's bedroom in Death position

Dear Cecil,
We just moved into a two bedroom house and my wife and I are very worried after reading your web site. The master bedroom for my wife and I are good (according to Zai Yun) but our child's room (next door) is in his death position (both bedrooms west side of house).
We've been reading extensively on your website to find some way of neutralizing this. We are going to be moving his bed to a more favorable position (better sleeping position, avoid sharp corners, avoid the door, window, etc.). I don't know if this matters, but his bedroom door also looks down the main hallway, which you can see the living room at the end (as well as the entrances to bath room and kitchen but cannot see into those rooms).
Is there anything else we can do to neutralize this as much as possible (ie. mirrors, buddha statue, colours, a cross)?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Lance,
1. Although the Eight House Theory is one of the three main Feng Shui theories, it should be given less priority over:
2. How they ar Ranked
1 Shapes and Form
2 Flying Star
3 Eight House
3. If you can see the above, Eight House should be ranked after good Shapes and Form.
4. For Flying Star, it depends on your level of participation or non-participation. If one wants to utilise Flying Star, then, try to do a Chart and check for any imbalances.
5. The main concern under Flying Star are:
sickness and misforune sectors.
6. If there are such sectors and if these sectors are imbalance, priority should go to `curing' these imbalances, FIRST.
7. Majority of the time, Flying Star provides `real' problems.
8. I have ranked Shapes and Forms (first) but generally, it can be `ranked' equally together with Flying Star.
9. Do remember that it is far better to have the bed placed in a good Shapes and form then to have it `avoid' the death/disaster of an individual in a bedroom.
For example, it is far worse to e.g. place the bed (because of the death sector) on the same wall as the toilet.
10. Overall, use the Eight House as a guide ONLY.
11. If you do not intent to use the Flying Star, only watch out if anyone in the home frequently gets sick or have `accidents'. If so, a Flying Star analysis is a good option.
12. In general, if you have good shapes and form house e.g. no missing corners and externally, it has good shapes and forms and you feel comfortable in the house, then, we may not even need to `bother' much about Feng Shui and continue to enjoy... or live life to the fullest.
13. It is never wise to instill fear or be fearful after reading on Feng Shui or its `scare tactics'. Thus use the Eight House as only a guideline.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 6/18/00 12:17:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil,
We just moved into a two
bedroom house and my wife and
I are very worried after
reading your web site. The
master bedroom for my wife and
I are good (according to Zai
Yun) but our child's room
(next door) is in his death