About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Water feature in the back of the house

jungkang

Hi, I know that it's inauspicious to have a water feature in the back of a house, but the back patio room is the only area I can place the pond for my water turtles to get enough light for their health. Is there any way to alter the bad energy? Place a crystal over it or.... Thank you.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
1.Overall, one has to check to see where is the `frontage' of the house. In most homes it is usually where the `living' room faces a direction.
As it is difficult to say that one model fits all, if say the `frontage' of your house is facing the direction i.e. at the `back patio room' then a water position may still be acceptable.
2. In Traditional Feng Shui, we usually look at two other factors:
2.1 The breadwinners true element and strength. For example, if one is a weak fire and strong water person, it is best to avoid having a water position in the home.
For a weak fire person, the addition of a water element may `extinguish' one's `fire'.
While too much water (strong water) person may be unfavourable.
2.2 Depending on how `deep' one wants to go into analysis, the other tool used is the Flying Star to check on that sector. Here, the mountain # ; water # and base numbers are looked at together to see if there are any adverse effects of a water position at this sector or that it could be beneifical for the sector (bearing in my Shapes and Form FS also).
3. If the above sounds too complicated, the other method is still the `trial and error' method or intution FS i.e. one may simply try it out. If nothing happens after 1 or 2 months, then ... go ahead with the water position.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 9/26/00 9:05:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi, I know that it's
inauspicious to have a water
feature in the back of a
house, but the back patio room
is the only area I can place
the pond for my water turtles
to get enough light for their
health. Is there any way to
alter the bad energy? Place a