About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Main door direction

Hi Cecil,
I have read a book by Lilian Too, in it she mentioned that we should take the direction of the main door by standing in front facing out. I have tried and the reading was 110 degree East. However, when I use your free house audit, the report have my main door in the east sector with my main door in the middle. Obviously this doesn't matched my layout as my main door in at the corner of the house. But when I use your method (center of the house) I get the reading of 60 deg NE. This time the chart matched my layout. I hoped I getting the reading accurate. Please advise. Thank you

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
1. My advise is that if one is using the tool of a particular site or book, try to follow it through.
2. For example, as you are using the online tools provided in this site, please follow the method used here (totally).
3. Often, we read; say another book and I would be cautious to mix what I read from one book/site with another.
4. I believe, Lilian Too, could be asking you to apply i.e. the Chinese Loupan where if one uses e.g. the Chinese Loupan, one can look at the sitting and facing direction.
When using a Loupan, we usually, use it to read the sitting and facing direction .. based on what she had mentioned.
5. Thus, I hope you can understand that it is never wise to mix one set of instruction from some one else and with another person.
6. Another example:
In the Eight House Theory, some FS practitioners may use the `tradtional' method i.e. using the Backdoor as the House Gua number instead of what is used in this site.
Therefore, it does not make sense to read one book, take some `instructions' from it and then mix and match it to another site's method.
7. In this site, please use center of house method with an oridinary compass and follow the information/instructions fully to derive the direction of the main door.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 2/11/01 12:36:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi Cecil,
I have read a book by Lilian
Too, in it she mentioned that
we should take the direction
of the main door by standing
in front facing out. I have
tried and the reading was 110
degree East. However, when I
use your free house audit, the
report have my main door in
the east sector with my main
door in the middle. Obviously
this doesn't matched my layout
as my main door in at the
corner of the house. But when
I use your method (center of
the house) I get the reading
of 60 deg NE. This time the
chart matched my layout. I
hoped I getting the reading
accurate. Please advise. Thank
you

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Dear Anon,
I just remembered another parallel example.
Can we say that the instruction manuals for all cars / vehicle are the same?
1. Firstly there are automatic and manual (clutch driven cars).
Can we then, read the instruction manual of an automatic car and then apply it to a manual (clutch driven car). Obviously not.
2. For those who have driven Japanese cars vs European / Continental (US) cars, there are differences in the wind screen wipers and indicators.
3. In my country where we drive (right handed), in a Japanese car, the wind screen wipers are controlled by our left hand.
While the directional indicators are controlled by the right hand.
This differs with an European car such as Volvo, Renault etc... The wind screen wipers are instead controlled by the right hand while the directional indicators are on the left.
4. So, if one were to read the instruction manual of a Volvo and then assume that the wind screen wipers are the same for a Toyota, Mazda and other Japanese cars.
We must most not mix `instructional' or educational manuals from two different sources.
5. Even the REVERSE gear shift can different in some cars. For example, in a Renault manual gear car, one has to pull up the ring on the manual gear before engaging REVERSE.
In a Japanese car, one simply press the clutch and set the gear into reverse.
I feel that drawing from such parallel, it is indeed dangerous to apply something from one source with another source. We cannot assume that both instructions, if read, and mixed together would / may work.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 2/11/01 12:36:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi Cecil,
I have read a book by Lilian
Too, in it she mentioned that
we should take the direction
of the main door by standing
in front facing out. I have
tried and the reading was 110
degree East. However, when I
use your free house audit, the