About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

front door faces back sliding glass door

rocky

Hi,
I would like to find out what cure I may use for my front door ( NE facing) which faces dirctly at my back sliding glass door (SW facing) . I have heard this is bad feng shui. I do not enter into my home through my front door ever. I enter into my home via my garage door always(aso NE facing )which does not face the back sliding glass door at all . Is this okay then. Would this keep the chi within the home correctly. Thank you for your help!:)

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Rochiel,
The idea of utilizing beneificial Qi is to ensure that it comes into the house and meanders (slowly) before exiting out of the house.
Here, the chief concern is to prevent Qi from coming into the door and exit directly out of any area (window/door).
I believe, you case is common. This is where, you can close the side of the sliding door that is in direct view of your entrance door. And open the other side of the sliding door. This (I believe) would help solve your problem.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 5/27/01 10:23:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi,
I would like to find out what
cure I may use for my front
door ( NE facing) which faces
dirctly at my back sliding
glass door (SW facing) . I
have heard this is bad feng
shui. I do not enter into my
home through my front door
ever. I enter into my home via
my garage door always(aso NE
facing )which does not face
the back sliding glass door at
all . Is this okay then. Would
this keep the chi within the
home correctly. Thank you for
your help!:)

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 18 years later...
  • Staff
4 hours ago, Guest Radha said:

Is it alright or is it bad fengshui to have the entrance door or front door of the house as Sliding door?

1. The chief consideration is that of Symbolism. 

2. Here, the main idea is that when one first steps into the house; the swinging inwards of the door panel seems like pushing "air into the house".

3. This implies that one is "bringing in wealth" into the house.  

4. As oppose to pulling on the door and letting the qi/wind from inside the home gushing outwards.

5. Through the years providing Feng Shui advice, once a while, I do encounter some clients who did not follow this norm.

5.1. And based on the concept of maximising marks, had still come in contact with many of them. And many seems to be doing well or okay.

5.2. Thus, personally, I feel it may be acceptable to do so. Else, cross-fingers, please.

6. Exceptions due to safety concerns

6.1. Applies to businesses located in industrial buildings.

6.2. Modern industrial buildings require the primary door(s) to open outwards much like those found on exits in cinemas and pubs/entertainment areas.

7A3F40BA-0EB0-4835-887D-634355AA0374.thumb.jpeg.ceabdf3a1fbd06e798ab63b6994a2b61.jpeg
6.3. This is based purely on common sense.

6.3.1. Where in emergency situations or panic situations, pushing and stampedes; allow people to push through quickly out of these exits!