About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

L-shaped apartment

myfs_76884

I had just finished paying for a one-bedroom apartment when I started reading about feng-shui. It turns out my apartment is L-shaped, the bedroom in the northwest being the protrusion. My problem is I am missing the entire southwest area of relationships and part of the west (children). No wonder my romances have been few and far between and they don't last. I am single and would like to settle down and I fear the shape of my house is hindering me. How do I remedy the missing corner since that section is occupied by the adjoining unit?
Thanks,
Gloria

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Gloria,
1. In my opinion, an `L-shaped' apartment may not necessarily have `bad Feng Shui'.
2. Often, an `L-shaped' apartment is accessed by dividing the apartment into two rectangles.
3. If you have a sketch of your apartment, feel free to upload to the forum so that I can confirm whether it is auspicious or not.
(Usually, here, you need to show a top down view including the adjoining unit). Here, the entire profile of the building is looked at. If the apartment is in a U shaped formation, sometimes, it may be auspicious or inauspicious and it is best to confirm this through visual inspection of the sketch.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 1/20/2002 3:43:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
I had just finished paying for
a one-bedroom apartment when I
started reading about
feng-shui. It turns out my
apartment is L-shaped, the
bedroom in the northwest being
the protrusion. My problem is
I am missing the entire
southwest area of
relationships and part of the
west (children). No wonder my
romances have been few and far
between and they don't last.
I am single and would like to
settle down and I fear the
shape of my house is hindering
me. How do I remedy the
missing corner since that
section is occupied by the
adjoining unit?
Thanks,
Gloria

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Thank you for your very, very prompt reply. Attached is the floor plan for my apartment in bmp format. Some additional details:
1)There's a mirror along the east wall of my living room.
2)I have put up a Japanese style screen to hide the door of the bathroom and to separate it from the dining room.
3)The divider I had built in to separate the living room from the kitchen. All my books are there plus my computer.

• Staff

Dear Anon,
1. Thanks for your sketch of your own apartment.
2. Based on the sketch (alone) it is difficult to say for sure whether the SW is a missing corner - at the moment.
Is it possible to have a sketch of the entire building.
3. This is because, usually, the missing corner or protusions are looked at in relation to this entire building.
For now, it can go either ways:-
3.1. a missing corner as what you have mentioned or
3.2. a protusion (less likely) but need to confirm based on the total building profile.
or It is simply an L shaped building.
The shape of the building matters as from it one can see if there are perhaps any imbalance in Qi flow around it. For example if the building is U shaped, Qi may become Sha Qi within the U area.
Appreciate, if you can let me have the information, before, I can look at it more carefully.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 1/20/2002 12:34:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Thank you for your very, very
prompt reply. Attached is the
floor plan for my apartment in
bmp format. Some additional
details:
1)There's a mirror along the
east wall of my living room.
2)I have put up a Japanese
style screen to hide the door
of the bathroom and to
separate it from the dining
room.
3)The divider I had built in
to separate the living room
from the kitchen. All my
books are there plus my
computer.

I apologize for not reading your question right. Of course, I realized it right after I sent the layout of my apartment. I really think it's wonderful that you take the time to do this for people like me.
Anyway, here is the sketch of the building. I am in the south area marked X. The building is not L-shaped nor U-shaped, just the units. Therefore, my right door neighbor is missing its Northeast component. To my left is a balcony so wind flows freely here. There is, however, an open space in the middle marked atrium. My front door is partially in the area of the elevator. The garbage chutes are in the west and east. I hope this helps. Thanks again.
Gloria

• Staff

Dear Gloria,
Thanks for taking the time and effort to draw a complete sketch of your building.
It is very clear now that:
1. Your house is an `L' shaped home rather than one with a missing corner.
Thus, you can consider your house as having two rectangles.
2. Overall, this shape is still an auspicious shape for apartment blocks. And the centre where your balcony and the other unit opposite yours is good as it allows qi to flow into the centre area.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 1/21/2002 9:12:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
I apologize for not reading
your question right. Of
course, I realized it right
after I sent the layout of my
apartment. I really think
it's wonderful that you take
the time to do this for people
like me.
Anyway, here is the sketch of
the building. I am in the
south area marked X. The
building is not L-shaped nor
U-shaped, just the units.
Therefore, my right door
neighbor is missing its
Northeast component. To my
left is a balcony so wind
flows freely here. There is,
however, an open space in the
middle marked atrium. My
front door is partially in the
area of the elevator. The
garbage chutes are in the west
and east. I hope this helps.
Thanks again.
Gloria

Ok, I divided the two shapes into two rectangles, the other one being the bedroom. Doing this, the southwest corner of the main room becomes the bathroom and the southwest corner of the bedroom is a built-in closet. That doesn't help my marriage prospects because then I flush my prospects away and I keep far too many memories. How do I enhance the relationships area of my life given these two placements? I was born in 65 so my auspicious directions are NE, NW, SW and W. I am also thinking of moving the mirror to the dining room. Would that be ok?
I really appreciate the help you've given me.
Gloria