About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Marriage Compatiblity

myfs_78913

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
1. Basic Chinese Astrology uses the Year of Birth. And in my opinion is general.
2. In my opinion, the most useful thing about Chinese Astrology is based on the remarks I wrote on the main page of http://www.lovesigns.net
The following comments can be found on lovesigns.net: -
" One way you can improve your relationship and love life by understanding one another's personality."
3. Therefore, sometimes the `killer thing' is what is known as "auto-suggestion."
For example, as you have read some pointers on Chinese Astrology and found that in essence, both you and your husband's Year of birth are considered `not compatible' under Chinese Astrology.
4. If we, keep this in mind it could lead to a certain degree of "auto-suggestion ". Where such messages `shock' us and we continue to remember it. Domestically, we do sometimes get into a quarrel (it could be a small quarrel / argument or dislike about certain things).
5. Some of us may read/re-read some of the characteristics about a character. This is very common in English astrology e.g. a Gemini, Tarus etc...
Some of us may take on from the `auto-suggestion' -- some of these points. I personally feel that we should take such "auto-suggestions" positively.
6. Pillars of Destiny uses ONE portion this 12 earthly branches i.e. Rat, Ox, snake combined with the ten heavenly stems.
7. The difference in Pillars of Destiny vs Chinese Astrology is that BASIC Pillars of Destiny takes into account not only the year of birth but Month, Day & Time of birth.
8. Under the earthly branch of each of these pillars e.g. Month / Day & Time it is also associated with an animal sign. And with the Year / Month / Day and Time there can be more combinations or clashes (good or bad) with the various animal signs in our chart.
9. For example, in your case -> not only do you have " Rabbit " (Year of birth) but you MAY have other animal signs in your Month, Day and Time pillar.
10. You may even have " tiger " in one of the month, day or time pillar. Therefore, this is a way to `comfort you' that each of us are not alone with just one "animal sign".
11. If we take in advanced Pillars e.g. House of Life and House of conception, these two additional pillars will also yield "an animal sign" each for us.
Wishing both of you Martial Bliss!
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 2/19/2002 7:25:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
HI,
My sign is Rabbit(23/05/1975)
and my husband sign is
Tiger(14/11/1974).I heard that
these two sign is not
compatible.As of now we are
leading a happy life.Please
tell me what should i do to
maitain these happy life?
Please advice me.I'm very much
worried.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 19 years later...

Dear Mr Cecil Lee, 

Thank you for creating this website and sharing with us your knowledge and expertise. I have been reading up more on bazi and fengshui on your forums. 

My partner and I are "weak water" and "strong wood". Does this mean the weak water will rely more on strong wood? Is this a good match and are we compatible? We are both year of ox and same kua number 3. 

However, unfortunately we have two clashes, what does this mean for us? 

• Heaven Stem Clash between month pillar (bing) & month pillar (ren).
  • Earthly Branch Clash between month pillar (wu) & month pillar (zi).

Thank you for sharing your knowledge as always, Mr Cecil Lee. I enjoy your website. 

• Staff

1. weak water vs strong wood - weak water makes strong wood even stronger, while strong wood will exhaust weak water making it weaker. Definitely not as mutually beneficial as Strong Water and weak Wood. So you need Metal which strengthens the weak water and destroy the excess Wood. 

2. As for the clashes, so far based on that info. Those are consider 2 x minor clashes. Generally, it is quite common for most charts to have 1-2 minor clashes/harms. However if it is 3 or more minor clash, then that would be as bad as 1 major clash or considered multiple clashes indicating, lots of conflicts between the charts. The presences of clash/harms, normally means from time to time there may still be some quarrels or conflicts and arguments. So while that is not the most ideal, compared to having 0 clashes/harms but it is still acceptable since it is below the threshold.

Hi Mr Robert Lee, 

Thank you for your detailed and informative reply!

1. weak water vs strong wood - weak water makes strong wood even stronger, while strong wood will exhaust weak water making it weaker. Definitely not as mutually beneficial as Strong Water and weak Wood. So you need Metal which strengthens the weak water and destroy the excess Wood. 

Qtn: How do I incorporate Metal into our relationship? "strong wood will exhaust weak water making it weaker"- does this mean the weak water person will feel more tired easily? 

2.  My apologies, i found 3 clashes instead of 2: So this is taken as 1 major clash (3 minor clashes)? 

Earthly Branch Harm between year pillar (chou) & month pillar (wu).
Earthly Branch Clash between month pillar (zi) & month pillar (wu).

Heaven Stem Clash between month pillar (ren) & month pillar (bing).

• Staff
18 hours ago, Fan_of_Mr.Cecil.Lee said:

Qtn: How do I incorporate Metal into our relationship? "strong wood will exhaust weak water making it weaker"- does this mean the weak water person will feel more tired easily? 

1. Such as in common bedroom or rooms that both person share/use, choose Metal colour scheme/patterns (ie white/gold or circle pattern). That would help add metal into the relationship.

2. No, doesn't mean that the weak person will be more  tired easily. Just a lot weaker. The goal of ba zi is for weak person to get stronger, and for strong person to be weaker (ie not too overly strong). Attaining ideal the perfect balance, ie 20% of each element. Which is hard to achieve since not everything around can be quantify as a percentage value. But generally the more of your favourable elements, the better your relationship.

18 hours ago, Fan_of_Mr.Cecil.Lee said:

Earthly Branch Harm between year pillar (chou) & month pillar (wu).
Earthly Branch Clash between month pillar (zi) & month pillar (wu).

Heaven Stem Clash between month pillar (ren) & month pillar (bing).

3. Yes, then this means compatibility is less ideal. However, 1 major clash or 3 minor clash/harm is the threshold. Once you start to reach this, the chart will start to become more and more  incompatible, indicating possibly more disputes and quarrels. Especially, if the five element compatibility or horoscope compatible are also incompatible, then more likely that the couple will have more relationship issues. I mean I have seen as bad as 3-4 major clashes/harms, or 5-6 minor clashes/harms. So 3 minor clashes/harms while bad, still not as bad as those with 5-6 minor clashes for example.

4. Like in your case, your five element compatibility is both not mutually beneficial, and there are 3 minor clash/harm. This would make 2/3 compatibility factors as incompatible. If the horoscope compatibility also belongs to the clash/harm then that would be worst. So far I don't see any clash between the year to year, so unlikely to be a direct clash/harm between the horoscope.

5. In any case, 2/3 not auspicious, will bring down the compatibility analysis closer to below average or poor already. So all the more will need more of the binding element to smoothen the relationship.