About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

6-hollow rod windchime or 6-coin with red string?

Hello Cecil,
My mother is a strong wood. According to her eight house chart, the E sector is a good sleeping postion for her.
Half of her bedroom is in the NE sector that has 6(m) vs 2(w), base 1. The other half of her bedroom is in the E sector that has 2(m) vs 7(w), base 5. She's sick a lot. Now that I ran the flying star on her house, I think it's because of the stars 2 and 5 in the East sector. Her bed is located in the E sector.
The front door is in the E sector also (E3). I've hanged a 6-coin tied with red string in the middle above the front door.
Is this enough to cure the stars 2 and 5 in the E sector? Do I need to hang the 6-coin tied with red string in the East sector of her bedroom also? Since metal is her favorable element, would a brass 6-hollow rod windchime is better than a 6-coin tied with red string?
With regards to the element balance, since her bedroom is painted white (metal); 1 is water; 6 and 7 are metal; 2, 5 and NE are earth; E is wood and she is strong wood. Are all of these considered balanced?
Thank you very much
Hoa

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Hoa Luong,
Thank you for the information.
Please see below:-

On 3/20/2002 7:20:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Hello Cecil,
My mother is a strong wood.
According to her eight house
chart, the E sector is a good
sleeping postion for her.
Half of her bedroom is in the
NE sector that has 6(m) vs
2(w), base 1. The other half
of her bedroom is in the E
sector that has 2(m) vs 7(w),
base 5. She's sick a lot.
Now that I ran the flying star
on her house, I think it's
because of the stars 2 and 5
in the East sector. Her bed
is located in the E sector.
The front door is in the E
sector also (E3). I've hanged
a 6-coin tied with red string
in the middle above the front
door.

You should instead bring the 6-coin tied with red string and hang it in your mother's room instead.

Is this enough to cure the
stars 2 and 5 in the E sector?
Do I need to hang the 6-coin
tied with red string in the
East sector of her bedroom
also? Since metal is her
favorable element, would a
brass 6-hollow rod windchime
is better than a 6-coin tied
with red string?

The windchime can either be brass or aluminium hollow rods (with wood clinger). This is still ok.
For the windchime, it has to preferably be hung outside the room. As inside the room, there is relatively no wind and it would not be useful.
However, you can use the 6-coin only. But if you are using the wind chime, it is best, as mentioned above, hung outside of the room. In such a situation, for this year you can still leave the 6-coins in the room. Only after the Year of the Horse, you should take down the windchime.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

With regards to the element
balance, since her bedroom is
painted white (metal); 1 is
water; 6 and 7 are metal; 2, 5
and NE are earth; E is wood
and she is strong wood. Are
all of these considered
balanced?
Thank you very much
Hoa

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Dear Cecil,
Whenever you mention the use of chimes you have stressed the need for a wooden clanger. What is its significance. Is it OK f we have metal clangers?.
Thank you.

• Staff

Dear Anon,
1. Thank you for bring up such an interesting *observation*!
2. I often, test out the various types of 6 hollow metallic rod windchimes.
2.1 From my personal observation, the rationale for not fully recommending a `solid' brass or copper -- wind chime is due to the weight of all its various components.
2.2 Perhaps, you can say that I "blame it on the weather".
2.3 This is because, more often, after testing out a solid brass/copper windchime which has a metal (e.g. i-ching type of coin) - it seems to me that the wind chime does not EVER make a sound.
2.4 Perhaps, as I mentioned earlier, it could be that down my area, the wind is relatively below average or mild wind. And it does not sound the windchime as frequently as a 6 rod alluminum wind chime with a wood clanger.
2.5 Another rationale is that the 6 rod alluminum wind chime a wood clanger is felt to be lighter in all components.
2.6 When a 6 rod alluminum wind chime was hung at the same location, this is about the same size of the earlier brass/copper wind chime, it started to make constant noise. In my opinion with relatively mild and on occassions even below average wind.
2.7 As most of us are aware, the purpose of using the 6-rod cure is to constantly use metal or metallic sound to hammer or supress e.g. star #5.
2.8 And it does no good if the wind chime then becomes only a decorative piece. What is the use of a beautiful wind chime -- that only when it rains or with strong winds can it then perform?
2.9 This is the rationale why, I felt compelled to highlight strongly the use of a `wooden' clanger. And this is why you `caught on' it.
3. In my personally opinion, I blamed the weather for not making the earlier brass/copper type of wind chime with a heavy clanger. Maybe, if your place or location is much windier, then it is absolutely good to use a heavy wind chime.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 3/31/2002 1:19:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil,
Whenever you mention the use
of chimes you have stressed
the need for a wooden clanger.
What is its significance. Is
it OK f we have metal
clangers?.
Thank you.

• Staff

Further to what I mentioned earlier, it is acceptable for some components of a wind chime e.g. it's support "roof" and the clanger to be made of wood.
The rationle is simple. Under the Destructive cycle - ref:
http://www.geomancy.net/resources/theories/fs-5element.htm
One will notice that metal -> destroys -> wood. Thus, even with relatively some wood pieces on the wind chime, the 6 rod e.g. hollow aluminium wind chime - with its constant clinging has no problems `destroying' wood element.
In addition, wood with aluminum is a nice pleasing piece to look at.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil
PS. *JOKE* Please note that I am not swaying anyone from using any type of wind chime. But based on "commonsense approach" and practicality :-
Firstly, wooden cum aluminium wind chimes are easier to find or purchase. While, metal brass/copper type are much harder to obtain/purchase and maybe more expensive.
Secondly, wooden cum aluminium type has lighter components.. and especially with the wooden clinger, is felt that it can cling more frequently in locations with light winds.