About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

How to Cure Seemingly Bad Fengshui

Jodyleo

I live in a basement flat where the front door is actually beneath the steps which lead to the flat above me on the ground floor. The front door faces North whereas I am a NorthEast person. By my assessment, the death line runs through the front door. The house faces a road straight ahead of it and it also has a huge tree right outside in front of the house. I realise that there is very strong shar chi from the straight road and that a tree in front of the house blocks the flow of chi flowing into the house. Question is whether the tree blocks the shar chi from the straight road or whether it is double whammy having the shar chi from the road and the big tree as well? Is there anything I can do to remedy the bad fengshui situation other then the drastic measure of moving out? (p/s: the tree is very big and old and has a tree preservation order on it so it is not an alternative to chop down the tree).
Another question is that as it is a basement flat, the living room window looks out unto a half wall which is where the front garden is. The back of the flat also looks onto a half wall. I appreciate that it is good for the house to back unto a wall but what is the remedy for the front window looking unto the half wall?
I am very unhappy now that I learn of the bad fengshui of my house. Please advise urgently. Many thanks

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Chris,
Please see below:-

On 1/19/99 5:35:47 AM, Anonymous wrote:
I live in a basement flat where the front door is actually beneath the steps
which lead to the flat above me on the ground floor. The front door faces North whereas I am a North-East person. By
my assessment, the death line runs through the front door. The house faces a road straight ahead of it and it also has a huge tree right outside in front of the house.
I realise that there is very strong shar chi >from the straight road and that a tree
in front of the house blocks the flow of chi >flowing into the house. Question is whether
the tree blocks the shar chi from the >straight road or whether it is double >whammy having the shar chi from the
road and the big tree as well?

If you are standing on the steps of your main entrance door and look out and notice that the tree is in direct line `slicing' part of your main door, then this is considered sha chi.
Currently there are four methods of dealing with this (not in any order of importance):-
1. Change the angle of the door to face one of your best directions i.e. tilt the door to one that faces one of your good directions. This is said to `kill' two birds with one stone.
2. If your main entrance door is elevated, you can have semi-circular steps leading to the house. This is one technique of `radiating' sha ch' away from your main entrance.
3. Alternatively, if your main entrance is level to your external of the house, you could consider a specially made semi-circular carpet e.g. of half of a sun with it's fiery sunlight (spikes) radiating away from the main entrance door.
4. Hang a pakua above the main entrance door. To find out more, please go to this URL: http://www.geomancy.net/fs/pakua.htm

Another question is that as it is a >basement flat, the living room window looks out unto a half wall which is where >the front garden is. The back of
the flat also looks onto a
half wall. I appreciate that it is good for >the house to back unto a wall but what is
the remedy for the front window looking unto the half wall?

Sorry, I hope you can further clarify regarding what you have said " the front window looking unto the half wall ".
My question is what is the half wall attached to? Is it because that your house is a basement flat that it overlooks the half wall?
My next question is that above the half wall can you have a clear view outside or must you say climb up a ladder to see it.
Frankly, a half wall is not so bad as it provides a certain level of privacy to the residents. In addition, if is better to use curtains for the window (if u not done so already.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

What I am slightly befuddled about is how to assess the direction of the main front door. The Eight houses webpage says "the direction which the main door FACES" whereas other pages tell you to determine the direction of the main door standing from the centre of the house and draw a line to the middle of the front door, which can give two different directions altogether.
I am thinking of installing a new front door which will face NOrthWest in addition to the current front door faces NorthEast - does that change the entire orientation of good and bad location of the house? In any event, my masterbedroom is in the southeast part of the house which is the irritation/spook/death/etc line. What is your advice?

• Staff

Thanks for bring this up. I guess it is the use of English.
To clarify, you should first find the centre of the house. An example is shown at
http://www.geomancy.net/fs/house1.htm.
Next, you should use an ordinary compass and stand at the centre of the house. The direction, the main door faces is the direction of the door.
At a later date, I will revise the page and `correct' the English so that is is no longer ambigious.
Once again, thanks for hightlighting this information.
Cecil

On 1/19/99 6:44:48 PM, Anonymous wrote:
What I am slightly befuddled
about is how to assess the
direction of the main front
door. The Eight houses webpage
says "the direction which the
main door FACES" whereas other
pages tell you to determine
the direction of the main door
standing from the centre of
the house and draw a line to