About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Door facing NW in North sector?

Dear Cecil,
Is it possible for a main door facing NW but in north sector? As I read some books, the example illustrate is the direction of the door facing is in that repsective sector. For eg, door facing NE in NE sector. However, I have been thinking and believe that the main door is in the north sector but facing NW. However, when comes to flying star interpretation, I am bit confused. Should i continue to consider main door in North sector or should i put the main door in NW sector?

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Ling Tien,
Thank you for attaching your layout plan.
Within Flying Star Feng Shui, there are indeed many schools.
Ultimately, when we super-impose the luo shu grid either the pie chart or the 9 grid, it should match the compass directions.
Therefore, in all authentic schools, the centrepoint is determined. For a relatively small place like a house of 1,200 sq ft or even a house of 5,000 sq ft, usually, the centrepoint or centre of gravity is found.
Here, the luo shu grid is laid on the layout plan.
Actually, if we use the Flying Star (Xuan Kong Feng Shui), if the house was born in period 7, most likely even if the main door has been interpreted diferently, the characteristics of a Period 7 house will still usually show i.e. East (often not less than #5 x 2 (because, especially for this year, #5 flies to East. While #2 files to South. And often South may have #2 x 2 or more. Which is not ideal.
Like different schools, quite often, using the loupan, some schools basically see where your main door is. And as you had mentioned, take an exact reading inside the house looking out. But if the main door is facing another direction, like what you had mentioned, this may not be practical.
Some other schools looks at the location where there is most light coming into the home. For example, imagine if one's apartment is on the ground level. Given this idea, most of the time, the frontage is the location is where if this is a landed property, this frontage is the main door.
In such a situation, usually, three readings are taken facing the frontage. One reading is at e.g. the right side, the middle and the left side. All these three readings are added and divided by three to get an average reading. This reading is then the `facing' or the main door reading. While the `sitting' is directly behind the facing.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 12/26/2002 2:24:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil,
Is it possible for a main door
facing NW but in north sector?
As I read some books, the
example illustrate is the
direction of the door facing
is in that repsective sector.
For eg, door facing NE in NE
sector. However, I have been