About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Yishun Emerald Condo

myfs_73606

Hi Cecil,
I am seriously consider purchasing a unit at Yishun Emerald. Appreciate if you will advise me on the followings:
1.It is consider a period 7 building and period 7 will end in 2003.What is the implication for period 7 building? Would you advise to wait and purchase a one of period 8, which will begin soon?
2. All units in Yishun Emerald has a bathroom/toilet located in the center of the floorplan, which is very bad feng shui. Is there any cure for this besides not using the bathroom /toilet?
Thank you.....Daphne

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Daphne,
Please see below:-

On 12/20/2002 11:27:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi Cecil,
I am seriously consider
purchasing a unit at Yishun
Emerald. Appreciate if you
will advise me on the
followings:
1.It is consider a period 7
building and period 7 will end
in 2003.What is the
implication for period 7
building? Would you advise to
wait and purchase a one of
period 8, which will begin
soon?

Usually, for a condo, it is mostly `move-in' condition. And normally, few if any major renovations are done.
Usually, Yishun Sapphire, will continue to be under Period 7. The main concern for a period 7 house is the East compass direction. Especially if it is a bedroom. As many of houses under Period 7, have at least #5 (misfortune/sickness) stars x 2 at this location. 2002, is worse-off because the year star also #5 at this sector. South also has #2 but not as bad as the East. Although, some homes (depending) on the main door, has #2 x 2 for the 20 year period.

2. All units in Yishun Emerald
has a bathroom/toilet located
in the center of the
floorplan, which is very bad
feng shui. Is there any cure
for this besides not using the
bathroom /toilet?

Frankly, this will bring down the Feng Shui luck tremendously. There is no cure here.
However, the best one can do here is to maximize the home based on breadwinners ba zi. And fix any other major leaks if any.
I believe, many of the first hand owners had paid a high price for it for a 99 year tenure apartment. Two years ago, the approximate price per sq ft was around $500/- to $550 depending on the level.
Based on new developments of similar type, the price is very competitive and many new first hand condos can be purchased at much lower than this i.e. $395 to $460psf 99 year tenure.
Personally, unless, there is a strategic reason for choosing the location e.g. upgrading/familiarity, within child's school, workplace etc... if it is me, I would try to source for other developments.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Hi Cecil,
Thank you very much for your advise. I really appreciate it. We've decided to forgo this development. Besides having toilet in the center which make me uneasy, the location is not ideal either (in between 2 MRT stns!)So, my husband and I decided to rent a place for the time being till we find a better investment place.
Thanks again....Daphne

• Staff

Dear Anon,
1. In a major `leak' senario, such as a leak in wealth, based on many past observations; usually one major leak may not necessarily be a `downfall'.
2. For example, a toilet at the centrepoint or centre of gravity of a house is considered one major leak. But, on it's own, usually, and depending on the individual's ba zi (heaven luck), if it is reasonable or if the house is still an acceptable fit, one major leak such as a toilet can be considered as an irritation.
3. Usually, a major downfall occurs when there are at least 2 or more major leaks. When this happens, it is difficult to fix-the-leak.
Thus, it is not good to have a toilet at the centrepoint. As it is like when are trying to start a 100 metre run, we are already handicapped. Which is not ideal.
4. Frankly, I am not too keen if an apartment is in close proximity to any apartment. Especially, no matter how, units next to or near to it, would be affected by metallic Sha Qi (friction of the wheels on the rails. And, there is a low frequency, disturbance.
5. Just a few days ago, I visited a new apartment which next to another block close-by. Some how, at floors above the level of the MRT track, one seems to hear quite a disturbance. For new HDB flats such as those parallel to the MRT track e.g. Woodlands Drive 75 and older Drive 73 flats.
6. Prior to your question on Yishun Emerald Condo, I had two clients who bought the flats as first buyers. They subsequently sold it in 2000 at a reasonable price.
7. I believe, many Singaporeans are discerning. And with or without Feng Shui aid, many go for good sites.
8. We cannot draw the parallel of Yishun Emerald Condo with Centrepointhomes recent release of Cote d'Azur. Since Cote d'Azur is in the prime district 15 area.
http://www.Centrepointhomes.com
9. But we can compare Cote d'Azur with Costa Del Sol (which is along the east coast area).
10. Cote d'Azur sold like hot cakes and nearly sold out. While Costa Del Sol (at the last press release had sold no more than 30 percent. And yet, is almost - there closer to TOP).
11. Cote d'Azur has veru good Feng Shui. Development equal to The Tropica of Hong Leong.
12. While Costa Del Sol reminds me of Mandarin Gardens: which is in my opinion, more like two snakes because each major blocks are glued together. In my opinion, not too FS friendly to allow dragon qi from closer inland to `flow thru'. Sometimes creating compressed qi.
13. In this case, imagine the swimming pool area, the qi circulates in a vortex in many occasions and may make swimming uncomfortable due to high winds just above it's surface.
14. In my opinion, the Yishun Emerald will continue to be passed on for sale, first hand from the developer since, many would wise up and not take up the units. Much like, the Regency, which had TOP for a few years yet, still hoping to be sold.
15. If you can, try to do some pre-empative work like either place your name with developers or check out their website for new or upcoming developments.
16. In my opinion, in the past, I personally seen may Far East developments which, perhaps by coincidence, but left me with an impression of quality defects.
17. So far, I personally liked MCL land's quality control on many of their developments. Maybe, they do not develop as much but it is worth while looking at their development if new ones should come up. Often, very reasonably priced. Therefore, I have a good impression of them.
Wishing you a fruitful House Hunting!
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 12/25/2002 11:47:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi Cecil,
Thank you very much for your
advise. I really appreciate
it. We've decided to forgo
this development. Besides
having toilet in the center
which make me uneasy, the
location is not ideal either
(in between 2 MRT stns!)So, my
husband and I decided to rent
a place for the time being
till we find a better
investment place.
Thanks again....Daphne

Hi Cecil,
Guess what? While cruising around on Saturday, we came across 'Central View' by Far East. We visited the showflat and fell in love with the layout and furnishing immediately (no toilet in the center). On Sunday, we went to view our chosen unit and decided to purchase it. It's cheaper because its living room, master bedroom and 1 more bedroom are facing west, thus bask in the afternoon sun. However, it's facing the Serangoon highway instead of other building. Will need to install thick curtain. Again, need your advise on 2 items:
1. You mentioned that period 7 building has #5 star x 2 at east direction. The unit we've chosen has it's front door at east direction, which is my husband's excellent direction (he is east and I'm west house). Shall I do anything to reduce #5 star's effect?
2. As the front door is facing east, my 'disaster' direction and my daughter's 'irritation' direction, can we counter it by choosing a bedroom located in our good direction?
Thank you very much for your time and advise.
Thanks again...Daphne