About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Symbollic Joined-block housing

• Staff

This is a real life case study involving blocks of flats that are symbollically joined" together.
In addition, the swimming pool can be considered as a stagnant pool of water since, there is minimal interaction of the water with its surrounding.
This development has two miserable, water spouts located at locations marked `B' that spouts very little water into the pool.
Please go thru this graphic illustration, to have an understanding of the problems.
Here, it is said that the Dragon Qi cannot flow in and out of this development.
If the developers were `smart' they should make a `hole' at the centre of this U shape. Much like the earlier condo reviewed i.e. The Sterling Condominium (as a reference).
Or space the condo like the Cote D'azur or The Tropica. The Tropical is in a u shaped configuration. And other than the back blocks, many of the blocks are distinctively individual blocks not joined together.
This forms the basis of dragon qi flowing harmoniously within development.
If you are new and have time, do search for
The Sterling
The Tropica
for more ideas of what I meant (above).
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

• Like 1

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Developer: NTUC Choice Homes (A very new developer of condominiums)

NTUC is the acronym for National Trades Union Congress.
Tenure: 99 years.
Date of TOP was last year (mid 2002).
Total number of units: 490 units with 83 studio apartments, 88 2 bedrooms with the reminder of 3 or 4 bedrooms.
Price per square foot for second-owners two to three years ago range between $460 to $520 depending on the level. Majority of ground floor units have PES (personal enclosed space). In my opinion, this is a high side considering current glut of many unsold condominium development.
Personally, for me, I will stay clear of this development after this study for majority of units facing the pool area. Some of the units on the side faces the Rivervale Mall circular car park road to car parks at level 3, 4 and 5. Furthermore, it is a small-medium sized condo packed with 490 units - very high density living.

My comments and opinions are as follows:-
1. If you have read some Shapes and Forms Feng Shui books which shows a U shaped block building as inauspicious; this condominium meets such a requirement.
2. Please check out the attached pictures:-
2.1 Although there are 7 major blocks, but this type of configuration is called " SYMBOLIC JOINED " blocks.
2.2 If you notice the attached graphic illustration rivervalecrest2.jpg one can notice that all the blocks are tightly packed like sardines.
2.3. This U symbolically joined blocks are equally tall at least 16 storeys ...
2.4. The swimming pool can be considered as a pool of stagnant water. And there are only two small spouts into the main pool. There is a smaller pool but this is just a small massage pool.
2.5. Overall, the pools does not have sufficent water spouts to provide the motion of friction of water against air.
2.6 And the tightly packed symbolically joined U shape, does not help to properly circulate dragon qi.
2.7 In addition, if you look closely at the orientation i.e. the North compass point on the attachment: rivervalecrest2.jpg, one notice that especially units facing the pool have units with bedrooms at East (Period 7's worse sickness sector) and South (Period 7's second most worst) sector.
2.8 When Period 8, comes, perhaps, some of these owners should look at changing the apartments to Period 8.
2.9. For those who just moved-in especially for children, this is a case, where, human MUST fit the environment (or develop tolerance). Not the other way around.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil
In view of the nature of unfavourable forces on this condo, I have decided not to accept any more clients staying or proposing to stay here.
In my opinion, if a development is new, but seems second-hand in terms of such major leaks, no amount of Feng Shui can help. Unless, one develops some form of tolerance to it's environment.
Do not take it that it is unliveable; one must instead develop some tolerance over it, else, in my opinion, forced to move out.

• Like 1

• Staff

Further to what I had mentioned earlier:-
1. Although, one can see some trees in this development (Rivervale crest condominium), either some of the pockets of trees are too small.
2. In addition, there are more concrete than places to plant trees. Marginally, small areas for small plants scattered over this development.
3. Given it's considerable small plot ratio but packed to 16-17 floors of apartments, in my opinion, it is a concrete jungle.
4. In my opinion, many of the newer generation housing board flats like those in Punggol 21. New developments at Edgedale Plains, Punggol Central etc.... Many of these HDB flats are well spaced out and have superior landscaping.
5. Another great worry is that units at 15/16 and many others have toilet at the centrepoint of the house. Which is the 1st major handicap of financial problems.
6. Another development Tropical Springs was built also by NTUC choice homes
7. Tropical Springs located at Simei, has some units next to the `dreaded' MRT line. Each time the train passess thru, it gives a penerating `distrubing' sound which one has to get used to.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

• Staff

Dear All,
THE SICK BUILDING SYNDROME
1. For those frequently falls sick, should sometimes look elsewhere for anwers or (proposed answers).
2. In recent times, ionisers such as Amcor hepta air cleaners and Honeywell air cleaners have been used effectively in hospitals and in homes.
3. All these modern appliances can be looked at by the consumer closely. Since, much research has been done by reputable companies such as Honeywell and many others.
4. For traditional Feng Shui, the cures range from using:
4.1 6 rod hollow wind chimes to disperse the sickness #5.
4.2 6 coins joined together.
So far, many times, this has been effective. Perhaps, it could be the moisture of the air that could have reacted with the copper coins to produce such positive effects.
Unfortunately, no reason has been done here, so, you can for now take what I mentioned as simply hearsay. But, it is still currently, one of the cures.
4.3 Use of grand father clock with brass pendulum or the `tick-tock' effect of metal element to disperse bad sickness Qi.
4.4 Placing a bottle gourd. Symbollically this is used to `magically' suck in bad qi. Again this is a traditional cure.
4.5 Perhaps, maybe, visually, it is pleasing to the eye; and give us some hope. This translate to giving the person better confidence and positive hope.
4.6 Using a glass jar filled with 6 coins, water with teaspoon of salt and even a flake or piece of gold. There would certainly be some chemical reaction of salt water with the copper coins. It is best to leave this at a ventilated location.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 1/9/2003 2:40:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
This is a real life case study
involving blocks of flats that
are symbollically joined"
together.
In addition, the swimming pool
can be considered as a
stagnant pool of water since,
there is minimal interaction
of the water with its
surrounding.
This development has two
miserable, water spouts
located at locations marked
`B' that spouts very little
water into the pool.
Please go thru this graphic
illustration, to have an
understanding of the problems.
Here, it is said that the
Dragon Qi cannot flow in and
out of this development.
If the developers were `smart'
they should make a `hole' at
the centre of this U shape.
Much like the earlier condo
reviewed i.e. The Sterling
Condominium (as a reference).
Or space the condo like the
Cote D'azur or The Tropica.
The Tropical is in a u shaped
configuration. And other than
the back blocks, many of the
blocks are distinctively
individual blocks not joined
together.
This forms the basis of dragon
qi flowing harmoniously within
development.
If you are new and have time,
do search for
The Sterling
The Tropica
for more ideas of what I meant
(above).
Warmest Regards,
Cecil
  • Like 1

• 9 years later...
  • Staff

The swimming pool in your backyard or condominium contains a common chemical used in your house for disinfecing and cleaning.
In the past, when I was young, went weekly to the Chinese Swimming Club.
Constantly the shower area would be damp and wet. But surprisingly, there is totally no greenish / black algae found anywhere in the dressing / bathing area.
This is because, chlorine, the chemical used in the swimming pool kills most bacteria and it controls algae.
Today, some of the cleaning liquids contains the simple chemical chlorine. And instead of scraping furiously to remove algae from a toilet. Just spray on the chlorine and presto! Algae growth halts in it's roots - totally - for a while that is...
So, you think that swimming pool of yours is clean?
Many swimming pools have additional chemicals not found in this simple chlorine. Urea!

On 1/14/2003 12:42:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear All,
THE SICK BUILDING SYNDROME
1. For those frequently falls
sick, should sometimes look
elsewhere for anwers or
(proposed answers).
2. In recent times, ionisers
such as Amcor hepta air
cleaners and Honeywell air
cleaners have been used
effectively in hospitals and
in homes.
3. All these modern appliances
can be looked at by the
consumer closely. Since, much
research has been done by
reputable companies such as
Honeywell and many others.
4. For traditional Feng Shui,
the cures range from using:
4.1 6 rod hollow wind chimes
to disperse the sickness #5.
4.2 6 coins joined together.
So far, many times, this has
been effective. Perhaps, it
could be the moisture of the
air that could have reacted
with the copper coins to
produce such positive effects.
Unfortunately, no reason has
been done here, so, you can
for now take what I mentioned
as simply hearsay. But, it is
still currently, one of the
cures.
4.3 Use of grand father clock
with brass pendulum or the
`tick-tock' effect of metal
element to disperse bad
sickness Qi.
4.4 Placing a bottle gourd.
Symbollically this is used to
`magically' suck in bad qi.
Again this is a traditional
cure.
4.5 Perhaps, maybe, visually,
it is pleasing to the eye; and
give us some hope. This
translate to giving the person
better confidence and positive
hope.
4.6 Using a glass jar filled
with 6 coins, water with
teaspoon of salt and even a
flake or piece of gold. There
would certainly be some
chemical reaction of salt
water with the copper coins.
It is best to leave this at a
ventilated location.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 1/9/2003 2:40:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
This is a real life case study
involving blocks of flats that
are symbollically joined"
together.

In addition, the swimming pool
can be considered as a
stagnant pool of water since,
there is minimal interaction
of the water with its
surrounding.

This development has two
miserable, water spouts
located at locations marked
`B' that spouts very little
water into the pool.

Please go thru this graphic
illustration, to have an
understanding of the problems.

Here, it is said that the
Dragon Qi cannot flow in and
out of this development.

If the developers were `smart'
they should make a `hole' at
the centre of this U shape.
Much like the earlier condo
reviewed i.e. The Sterling
Condominium (as a reference).

Or space the condo like the
Cote D'azur or The Tropica.
The Tropical is in a u shaped
configuration. And other than
the back blocks, many of the
blocks are distinctively
individual blocks not joined
together.

This forms the basis of dragon
qi flowing harmoniously within
development.

If you are new and have time,
do search for
The Sterling
The Tropica
for more ideas of what I meant
(above).

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
  • Staff

Yes in a way it is like a U shaped.

Although this is considered as a variant of a U shape. Where the U is elongated at the middle: thus literally, speaking it can even be considered as a W. For those hopeful: W may symbolise to the W = Win , win ! Ah! Or the Mandarin character of a Mountain

There are other developments in the past that are shaped in a 8. And the developers use it as a selling point.

If one has the time can go thru this old thread. What is more important is a U = Horse--shoe design...

A recommended read:- https://www.geomancy.net/content/feng-shui-resources/site-review/the-tropica-condominium/the-tropica-singapore

More resources.

What is interesting is that if one looks at a Chinese gravesite or a grave, it literally is also shaped in a symbolic horse-shoe design.

• Like 1

• Staff
47 minutes ago, anything said:

Hi Master, just happened to stumble on this topic.

With reference to the Site Plan of Sims Oasis as below, would it be considered as U-shaped too? 

Sims-Urban-Oasis-Site-Plan-Confirm_1499127791452.jpg

Comments on Sims Oasis block arrangement:-

commens on sims 1.png

If we look at the combination of TWO condo developments e.g. The Luxurie and La Fiesta, one can also get quite a similar layout plan.

Don't get me wrong.

The above and what I mentioned below are totally different.

Just that I was at Block 50 La Fiesta facing block 21 of The Luxurie.

the luxurie and la festa.png

It is like staring at the side of a block.

This is actually a sha qi. Block 21 (The Luxurie) is a sha qi towards block 50 (of La Fiesta).

Others:
Yishun Sapphire vs Yishun Emerald in Yishun/Canberra are also unique combinations.
Where if I am in a unit at Yishun Sapphire I could see pool water.. BUT Oops! That pool does not belong to our development! It belongs to Yishun Emerald!

595aec6050832_Yishunsapphire.png.830cfba7193ee2da3caae639a9277cc5.png

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cecil Lee said:

Comments on Sims Oasis block arrangement:-

commens on sims 1.png

In this case, this one would be like Half Horse Shoe plus Half U Shape...

Maybe 50% good in Feng Shui sense? 

:)

Edited by anything

• Staff
13 minutes ago, anything said:

In this case, this one would be like Half Horse Shoe plus Half U Shape...

Maybe 50% good in Feng Shui sense? 

:)

More like a mixed breed or pariah dog. Strangely.. one can tell if it is a mixed breed. As mixed breed's tongue is not pure pink but often have black markings.. I am perplexed by this... I wonder why?

Or since Singaporeans love food so much.... better description is ROJAK! I don't care if it is Singapore or Penang or Indian rojak... though....

Was at ITE HQ ... food court : coffee only 50 cents. And this "rojak" Hor fun plate is cheap...final.thumb.jpg.14b286eb02a3d6eced3f36636a0bbd12.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cecil Lee said:

Yes in a way it is like a U shaped.

Although this is considered as a variant of a U shape. Where the U is elongated at the middle: thus literally, speaking it can even be considered as a W. For those hopeful: W may symbolise to the W = Win , win ! Ah! Or the Mandarin character of a Mountain

There are other developments in the past that are shaped in a 8. And the developers use it as a selling point.

If one has the time can go thru this old thread. What is more important is a U = Horse--shoe design...

A recommended read:- https://www.geomancy.net/content/feng-shui-resources/site-review/the-tropica-condominium/the-tropica-singapore

More resources.

What is interesting is that if one looks at a Chinese gravesite or a grave, it literally is also shaped in a symbolic horse-shoe design.

This development (Guillemard Edge) would be U Shape I guess... :)

003a_1499128324132.jpg

• Staff
8 minutes ago, anything said:

This development (Guillemard Edge) would be U Shape I guess... :)

003a_1499128324132.jpg

Although it is U shaped.. it is not in a smooth traditional "font" style. More like modern type font.

This reminds me of the latest logo found on recently launched HP notebooks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cecil Lee said:

Although it is U shaped.. it is not in a smooth traditional "font" style. More like modern type font.

This reminds me of the latest logo found on recently launched HP notebooks. 

Another U Shape candidate: Atrium Residences right next to Guillemard Edge. 

54aba08cba4e62015-01-06-04-45-00_1499135059518.jpg

• 1 year later...