About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Vertical stripes on staircase

• Staff

Dear All,
1. Symbollically, it is not favourable to have stripes that run vertically towards the main entrance door. It is like two lines slicing towards the main door.
2. Since this is uncommon, and there are not many cases to fall back on i.e. to confirm that it is inauspicious; why not be on the safe side?
3. To find out whether the number of steps is auspicious or inauspicious, please do a SEARCH in this forum for " stairs ".
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 13 years later...
Sponsored Link

Guest Bernadette

Dear Sir, 

Good morning!

My friend built a house but the total number of steps is 15. I tried to count using method 1 and 2 and it falls as inauspicious. Do we include the ground floor in the count? Also, the stairs going to the rooms were placed in the middle of the house. Is there any workaround to avoid bad luck? Thank you. 

Regards, 

Bernadette

• Staff

Please note that this is considered as "Nice-to" have.

If there is a big enough landing, some have even added a platform to "increase" the steps. But do consider the safety aspect ; first and foremost.

The ground should not be considered as a step. See sample illustration.

IMG_4682.PNG

• 3 months later...

Good evening Sir!  

I have a question about counting steps and would very much appreciate if you can help me get some answers.  I am confused whether our house is a 9-step or a 10 step.  There are 9 steps before you enter the door.  But a total of 10 steps if I include the step once I enter the door.  I understand 9 is inauspicious while 10 is auspicious so it makes a lot of difference for me.  Hope to get some enlightenment on this as our house is still being constructed.  Thanks for your time.

Best Regards,

T.

589d2f92c126b_Screenshot(3804).thumb.png.a3a1cde845adeb87ce58cbfaa4a12d5b.png 

5 hours ago, Cecil Lee said:

Frankly, without a photo it is difficult to say for sure.

Sorry about that Sir.  Attached is a photo of our side entrance/stairs.  I'd like to get your valuable input as to whether doing the half step will make the steps count auspicious.  Looking forward to your advise.

Thank you and more power.

T.

Dear Sir,

thank you very much for your quick reply.  It was very helpful :) If you could indulge me with one more question please....  I'd like to know if our stairs leading to the porch is counted as 16 or 17 steps.  Should I count the 1 step from the sidewalk, leading to the ground ( garage level ) inside the property?  Thanks again.

Best Regards,

Cristina

Screenshot (3805).png

• Staff

Please refer to illustration:

Blue arrow = step 1

If both A and B pathway tiles looks identical even if slightly different material then can be considered as "flowing" or added as a say "17th".

But if the Colours of A and B are so different then A should not be counted.

IMG_3824.PNG

• Staff

This "new A marking"

Another main consideration is the walls (of any) and the flow of Qi

Here, after a re-look; IF there is no wall at marking A to allow Qi to turn to B; then it should be 16 steps and not 17th.

Further more,if there is also no wall directly opposite marking B to force Qi to flow to B; again it should be say 16 steps.

These were not considered in my earlier reply.

IMG_3825.PNG

Thank you Sir!  My apologies for the rough drawing I earlier sent.  Here is another perspective view of the same porch stairs.  From my understanding, this is considered 16 steps.  I  actually still have the flexibility of adjusting the steps since we are not finished with the construction.  Would you then suggest that I add one more step to make this 17?

Looking forward to your reply.  Thanks again.  Very much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Cristina589d6a7e90175_Screenshot(3806).thumb.png.ad8197257ad22b17121662f9684164bb.png

Edited by Cristina