Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link
 
Sign in to follow this  
myfs_88310

Trees

Recommended Posts


Dear Master Cecil:
I have read many of the posts at this Forum. It seems to me that it is not nice to have trees around the house at all. Even a tree is not situated in straight line with a window, a tree can look like slicing into the window depending on the direction I am viewing at.
I live in the United States. Here, people plants lots of trees all around their house.
I can understand that it is not nice to have trees in the front yard of the house. What about having trees in the back yard? Would like to have your opinion. Thank you.
Regards,
Anon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sponsored Link
 

Dear Anon,
1. Yes, on the `surface', trees do seem to be not as advantages. But, most of the time: it depends.
2. The key to this is understanding what is good and `not so favourable' about trees.
3. I will try to recall as many points on trees so that you may have a better understanding:-
3.1 Good: Contrary to popular belief, overall, trees are considered as a `secret weapon' in Feng Shui. The rationale is because with trees, we often have birds. (Or birds chirping away!)
3.2 Good: In a flat location, at the mercy of barren earth, rows of trees can help to slow down `sha qi'.
3.3 Bad: Trees are considered `bad' because, some trees overgrow. And because of this, sunlight is blocked. As a result, a large shadow is cast below this location.
For example, If the house has a North to South orientation, trees planted at the North e.g. (frontage) or South (backyard); - this may result in a very yin house or environment within this house.
3.4 For an adult, this can still be tolerable. But imagine, if we have a poor child growing in such an environment. In the future, when this child grows up, there may perhaps be a tendency for him/her to try to select such a house. Or, if not, he/she may even use heavy dark curtains to create such an effect.
3.5 Too yin a house, is thus not advantages for a healthy growing child. More yang activity is better.
3.6 Frankly, there is no issue with trees: other than if the tree trunk slices thru the window. For example, when one stands inside the house/window, a tree trunk slicing inwards of the house is not advantages. But, if it is a bunch of branches, then, so long as it is maintained, is good. If the tree is not properly trimmed, often, the branches could stick into the home. And insects could craw into the home.
3.7 In areas, that are relatively damp; the worry is of the termites.
3.8 Sometime back, I wrote a forum message, that several years back, I visited a home in St Michael's estate in Singapore. This bungalow, happens to be situated approximately 2 kilometers from a canal.
3.9 The "Feng Shui" of the house was considered not favourable: not so much of the actual qi flow but because, one can see cracks on the floor. By chance, I peered at what was felt as cracked ceramic tiles; a termite, came out to `greet' me thru the hole.
4.0 Bad: If the tree has rotted and has become a stump. And rotting trunk, may harbour termites.
4.1 In my country, there is a belief that spirits could hide in a tree.
To be continued, in second, part.
Warmest Regards
Cecil

Quote
On 5/1/2003 10:37:19 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Master Cecil:
I have read many of the posts
at this Forum. It seems to me
that it is not nice to have
trees around the house at all.
Even a tree is not situated in
straight line with a window, a
tree can look like slicing
into the window depending on
the direction I am viewing at.
I live in the United States.
Here, people plants lots of
trees all around their house.
I can understand that it is
not nice to have trees in the
front yard of the house. What
about having trees in the back
yard? Would like to have your
opinion. Thank you.
Regards,
Anon


Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear all,
1. Further to what I had mentioned, I have actually written this note, several years back in this same forum.
2. My uncle in Malaysia, met his wife on an aeroplane flight.
3. At that time, his wife to be mother, or future mother-in-law; somehow, want to invite a Japanese `god (or devil)' which was kept in a `Japanese - coffin' or I consider this as a "Japanese coffin" god.
4. What happened was that, for the first few years, it gave his mother-in-law good luck. But afterwards, took her life. When she died, it happened that my grandfather (mother side) stayed at the same house (for the funeral).
5. What happened next, was that after the funeral, this devil `followed' my grandfather home to Johor Bahru, Malaysia. At that time, he had unexplained illnesses that the doctor could not detect.
6. Later on, after we discovered, that there was something living in his Johor bungalow, we sealed up the house and try to catch this spirit. It hid in things like Chinese vases. And these had to be smashed, to bring this spirit out of hiding. Eventually, it was captured and thrown into the sea. After, this, my grandfather recovered (suddenly as it had appeared and disappeared).
7. Thus, there are situations also, where the wrong use of a metallic windchime may instead invite such guests into the home.
8. This is why, a large tree (tree trunk) especially at NE sector or if the landed property is at the NE, may perhaps, be said to harbour, or can harbour them.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some birds help in pollinating plants.
In the past, if birds feel at home in your home; this is a plus point for that home.
However, nowadays, with the dreaded bird flu etc... birds seemed to be less welcomed.

Quote
On 5/1/2003 11:03:02 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear all,
1. Further to what I had
mentioned, I have actually
written this note, several
years back in this same forum.
2. My uncle in Malaysia, met
his wife on an aeroplane
flight.
3. At that time, his wife to
be mother, or future
mother-in-law; somehow, want
to invite a Japanese `god (or
devil)' which was kept in a
`Japanese - coffin' or I
consider this as a "Japanese
coffin" god.
4. What happened was that, for
the first few years, it gave
his mother-in-law good luck.
But afterwards, took her life.
When she died, it happened
that my grandfather (mother
side) stayed at the same house
(for the funeral).
5. What happened next, was
that after the funeral, this
devil `followed' my
grandfather home to Johor
Bahru, Malaysia. At that time,
he had unexplained illnesses
that the doctor could not
detect.
6. Later on, after we
discovered, that there was
something living in his Johor
bungalow, we sealed up the
house and try to catch this
spirit. It hid in things like
Chinese vases. And these had
to be smashed, to bring this
spirit out of hiding.
Eventually, it was captured
and thrown into the sea.
After, this, my grandfather
recovered (suddenly as it had
appeared and disappeared).
7. Thus, there are situations
also, where the wrong use of
a metallic windchime may
instead invite such guests
into the home.
8. This is why, a large tree
(tree trunk) especially at NE
sector or if the landed
property is at the NE, may
perhaps, be said to harbour,
or can harbour them.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil


Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Birds used to the secret weapons ofFeng Shui until all sorts of bird flu came-by.

Quote
On 4/23/2013 7:51:04 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Some birds help in pollinating plants.In
the past, if birds feel at home in your
home; this is a plus point for that
home.However, nowadays, with the dreaded
bird flu etc... birds seemed to be less
welcomed.On 5/1/2003 11:03:02 AM, Cecil
Lee wrote:
Dear all,
1.
Further to what I had
mentioned, I
have actually
written this note,
several
years back in this same
forum.
2. My uncle in Malaysia,
met
his wife on an aeroplane
flight.
3. At that time,
his wife to
be mother, or future
mother-in-law; somehow, want
to
invite a Japanese `god (or
devil)'
which was kept in a
`Japanese -
coffin' or I
consider this as a
"Japanese
coffin" god.
4.
What happened was that, for
the
first few years, it gave
his
mother-in-law good luck.
But
afterwards, took her life.
When she
died, it happened
that my
grandfather (mother
side) stayed at
the same house
(for the funeral).
5. What happened next, was
that after the funeral, this
devil `followed' my
grandfather
home to Johor
Bahru, Malaysia. At
that time,
he had unexplained
illnesses
that the doctor could not
detect.
6. Later on, after
we
discovered, that there was
something living in his Johor
bungalow, we sealed up the
house
and try to catch this
spirit. It hid
in things like
Chinese vases. And
these had
to be smashed, to bring
this
spirit out of hiding.
Eventually, it was captured
and
thrown into the sea.
After, this, my
grandfather
recovered (suddenly as
it had
appeared and disappeared).
7. Thus, there are situations
also, where the wrong use of
a
metallic windchime may
instead
invite such guests
into the home.
8. This is why, a large tree
(tree trunk) especially at NE
sector or if the landed
property
is at the NE, may
perhaps, be said
to harbour,
or can harbour them.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil


Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Cecil

How about bamboo trees? Are they "better" since they all grow upwards and does not have any branch (or tree trunk) slicing inwards to the house? Can even use them for bamboo flutes to counter beams. Hee.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/09/2016 at 9:42 AM, myfs_145520 said:

Dear Cecil

How about bamboo trees? Are they "better" since they all grow upwards and does not have any branch (or tree trunk) slicing inwards to the house? Can even use them for bamboo flutes to counter beams. Hee.

 

1. The only major drawback about bamboo trees are that they grow in clusters. Unlike a normal tree which has only one trunk. 

2. Bamboo trees if they are damaged at the ground level may have cavities. Cavities that the size of a Singapore 50 cent coins; if left unchecked can become a breeding ground for mosquitoes.

3. Contrary to popular belief; bamboo trees are easy to grow and don't shed too many leaves on a daily basis: thus a plus, here.

4. See attachments:  These trees if left unchecked are a nuisance to their neighbors. For eg. They have already intruded into neighbour "A" property. 

4.1 And in the future; plot B may even need to get permission from plot A to gain access to trim these trees.

 

 

IMG_3573.JPG

IMG_3574.JPG

IMG_3576.JPG


Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Under this thread, there are two photos of bamboo trees and also my concern of potential mosquito breeding.. if these trees are not properly maintained 

 


Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trees are not by itself Yin. 

But rather:4A8B0EB7-3260-483B-8514-3BE8EBFF4DD1.thumb.jpeg.c0d3998f997a0db9f38ffa30381155bc.jpeg

 

For example at MOUNTBATTEN Road, this mango tree matured and grew too huge .. covering nearly all the home’s compound!

As such the compound and frontage of the house becomes too yin. No MING Tang or bright Hall effect.

955786EA-4BC2-432C-8009-46D0002FFF5C.jpeg

326E9998-275F-417A-BE38-BC757B088E07.jpeg

1FBE5B7F-7AFD-4F9D-BFC8-6B8DD2AD306A.jpeg

While the house’s immediate neighbour with trees such as the Frangipanni tree or Palm trees etc... are more appropriate for the size of it’s compound

8309FD57-56C7-4C4C-B057-7AD34AA2D250.jpeg

EDF18A1F-19C6-47EE-A3B0-0D4D0C55B65E.jpeg

85FC0536-773A-42AD-9D82-B11256F5F982.jpeg

1971F8C9-E8DB-4EA9-8885-0DF0649E14DB.jpeg


Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Kyaw

Hello master,

This is a ground floor condo unit balcony facing E/ SE (apologies as I don't have the accurate degree). Are the tree trunks and playground considered 'sha qi' ? 

Thank you in advance for your advice.

xjMrNxIZ31wqkLcRnDWI6gwNh9a2w5OIBoqqR0Zv

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am more concerned with the trees. Especially the middle one. Given that they are in close proximity to the unit’s PES.

In my opinion, based on the above photo; personally to me; I feel the playground particularly the two tall slide poles are still not a threat. But if you encounter a conservative FS person; they may say so.

 


Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 17 November 2014 onwards, Guidelines for Usage of Car Porch Roofs in Landed Housing Developments has been updated.

54BD4422-7109-4568-9C91-1B9DC2E81B28.thumb.jpeg.5d5a06c8ba0f746450697bd00a2f183e.jpeg

From that day onwards, home owners are given the opportunity to enjoy more outdoor space and provide greenery, URA has revised the guidelines for car porch roofs in landed houses. 

Home owners will now be able to use their car porch roofs as outdoor balconies or gardens. This is in line with the objectives of the LUSH 2.0 Programme to encourage more greenery in our urban environment.F839D241-47AC-4171-BCA6-4FE7ABE6DD4B.thumb.jpeg.0dc1755db0a30cdfb3f1e096c317850b.jpeg

Greenery which invites birds and even butterflies is a secret weapon in Feng Shui.

The newly completed home taken advantage of the revised URA guidelines.

14D5AB59-FD7C-4E92-8AFA-BC0721AA26E9.jpeg

ED804D53-F3F0-411C-A129-B4FA45744399.jpeg


Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mango trees because they can be tall with lots of branches and leaves.. leave a dim area below it...

Even on a sunny day... it can still be dim directly below this mango tree...

8531500F-D7BA-4781-80D7-131B10B9E8F1.jpeg

83825E02-CCC2-47D0-B39C-F5CA53B398AB.jpeg

D22AA501-40CB-4458-934E-E6865579B3BC.jpeg


Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...