About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Period 8

glyn

Dear Cecil
Star #7 will revert to its evil nature come period 8.
Apart from making sure there is no moving water where water star #7 resides and no mountain where mountain star #7 resides, what in your opinion is the safest method to weaken its evil effects come 2004.
I have 737 at the facing, both stars being supported by forms.
Thank you
Glyn

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Glyn,
For now, I personally feel that the `cleanest' method is to introduce the fire element.
Since #7 x 2 are metal element
and #3 is bad wood element
The `cleanest' method is therefore to use `fire' element e.g. a red carpet or for some Chinese, a red banner above their door.
The rationale here is:-
Under the Destructive sequence of the five elements concept:-
Fire is used to CONTROL or weaken METAL
Under the Productive sequence of the five elements concept:-
Fire is used to draw or reduce wood i.e. fire helps to burn wood.
This is still a better method than say introducing `water'. If water is introduced, it does help to reduce Metal as water helps to draw out water or weaken it. But the double edged sword is that it helps to fuel wood i.e. bad wood.
If water is introduced; e.g. a fountain i.e. it has to have all five elements inside it inorder to circulate all five elements effectively.
For example, in the past, I mentioned the senario of a public lamp post. This lamp post can be made of metal or wood. But, symbollically, it looks more like a tree trunk (wood element).
If the lamp post slices thru our main door entrance or window, we cannot simply go out and use an axe or saw to remove it. It is illegal. If it is a tree, perphaps, if we are `evil' we can poison it.
In such a situation, the most popular Hong Kong method was to introduce a fish tank to neutralise it. This is where the fish tank is made up of 4 or more elements:-
Fish tank - often this is rectangular. Rectangle represents the Earth element.
Fishes - Often goldfish and dragon fish is considered as the Metal element. Orange gold fish is often considered as metal element
Fishes (some are red or pink). These colours represent the Fire element
Fishes (black). These represent water element.
Often, the fish tank also has lights i.e. this belongs to the fire element.
Some plants - this may not be necessary but if these are introduced into a fish tank, it belongs to the wood element.
Therefore: we can see that if the THREAT is WOOD:-
We can introduce at least 4 other elements that help to neutralise it in a harmonious way instead of resorting to destroying it - which may be illegal.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 6/26/2003 11:27:07 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil
Star #7 will revert to its
evil nature come period 8.
Apart from making sure there
is no moving water where water
star #7 resides and no
mountain where mountain star
#7 resides, what in your
opinion is the safest method
to weaken its evil effects
come 2004.
I have 737 at the facing, both
stars being supported by
forms.
Thank you
Glyn

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Thank you for your response Cecil.
I actually had been thinking of using still water in a large urn to weaken
the metal. I do take your point however about it strengthening the wood.
I shall try fire. I will be using a red mat plus many red candles in the
upstairs northern sector where 737 resides. . Should look most attractive.
Of course caution will need to be taken when the monthly #2 and #5 visit.
Now when do you feel the fire element can be introduced, now as the #7 is
weakening or from February 2004 ?
Kind regards
Glyn

• Staff

Dear Glyn,
After writing on the use of fire, I actually wanted to find out from you where this location was.
For example, if this location is bathed with sun-light e.g. direct east or direct west. Or even if sufficient light flow-in; then one already has natural `fire' light element trickle down to this sector.
I have not seen the actual Flying star but often, on the safer side, it should be used after next year's lunar new year.
Please send my regards to Phil and your two lovely children:)
One day, will visit you in Perth:)
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 6/27/2003 8:08:27 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Thank you for your response
Cecil.
I actually had been thinking
of using still water in a
large urn to weaken
the metal. I do take your
point however about it
strengthening the wood.
I shall try fire. I will be
using a red mat plus many red
candles in the
upstairs northern sector where
737 resides. . Should look
most attractive.
Of course caution will need to
be taken when the monthly #2
and #5 visit.
Now when do you feel the fire
element can be introduced, now
as the #7 is
weakening or from February
2004 ?
Kind regards
Glyn

• 3 weeks later...

So Cecil, unlike other well known practitioners, coming into period 8 is not
cause for panic?
My clients have read bits and pieces from books available to the public,have
shown me ,and goodness me, the trauma expected is beyond belief. That being
the case, at least 33% of my client base would have to sell home.
How do people in this profession get away with all this doom, gloom and
creating panic ?
Cheers
Glyn

• Staff

Dear Glyn,
Yes, this is indeed a good observation.
These are my views:-
1. In one or two of my past messages, I had mentioned that many practitioners are still `new' in this business and many did not live thru several of these "20 year" change of period.
2. For example, if one has `lived' thru three x 20 year period, one would now be (if assuming this person had practised Feng Shui since 16 years old) would NOW BE 76 years old!
3. If one looks at the age profile of many practitioners today, many would be in their teenage years when the last change occured in 1983-84.
4. Given this lack of experience, or little experience in this area; one can than understand why there are so much "talk/worry" etc...
5. I sincerely hope that many practitioners remain `Honest' in this business. This is because, as you had mentioned, there can always be hidden motives.
6. For example, it is interesting to `inflame' this issue; as it can ultimately increase additional audits for practitioners. More money. (I am not saying that this is true, but, as mention, this is one of the many methods, one can use to perk up one's business).
7. Fame
Although, this is a lesser motive, but, this is one way to drum up activity e.g. in a forum.
8. What really matters is that whenever there is a change of period, one interesting thing to watch are the `millionaires'.
9. In Singapore, this is already beginning to happen. The `richer' one is, the harder one falls'.
For example, in the 1980's, those who know about the Pan Malaysian and the Carrian Group saga.
Recently, we had a nominated Member of parliament (who also nearly wanted to vie for the President of Singapore's post. He was a teacher but `made' it rich in his `low tech' clothing company. Today, just before, the turn of the new period, he now owes millions to banks.
10. Another case is the boss of the $1.99 shop. Her fortunes now turned in the next period.
11. Frankly, many of this is related more towards: Poor strategic planning. For example, ridiculously paying high rental for mass market products. But, also bad luck e.g. SARs.
12. Many people are `small' fries and live in "small" homes. We should all be contented that we at least have our all our arms and legs. And for most of us not saddled with such burden. Of course, some of us, do have financial problems.
13. Let us all not create a stampede or create fears. This is simply `lunatic'. In a stampede, some people can get trampled and die. These are innocent, people.
14. I always feel that this is an appropriate statement:
"After the bitterness, comes the sweetness"
"Avoid the self-fulfilling prophercy" and avoid "Auto-suggestion"
15. Recently, when I was looking many client's palm, I see lots of branches on the heart line. This suggests too much undue worry! Life is short, so - make the best of it!
Cheers!
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

• Staff

Dear Glyn and all,
1. Further to what I had mentioned,
1. We have to be realistic with what Feng Shui can or cannot do. Feng Shui is not a cure all.
2. Human Advancements.
2.1 In the past, we can say that there is a limitation for all of us to change our "destiny". (Lest - we go time-travel). Even in time-travel, as we had seen the three series of Back to the Future.. our destiny can be alterated.
2.2 In modern history, we now see advancements in science and technology.
2.3 For example, in the field of medicine; many of our lives are extended beyond what our Ba Zi tells us.
2.4 Rather than buy a figure, sit down and wait for money to drop from the sky, we need to depend on ourselves.
2.5 The classic case of " the richer, they are, the harder they fall'.
Here, there is a vast improvement in the study, practise and application of many management methods such as: Strategic Planning; Organisation Behaviour; Human resource etc...
Thus, rather than `relying' on the change of `Qi', we must have a realistic solid foundation.
This is why, recently, I wanted to elaborate more on the `idea' of per square foot or p.s.f.
To show that in REAL life, our LUCK is not soley on Feng Shui but rather -- prudent finacial planning; not only for today but for our FUTURE!
Tell me, many Singaporeans today, have already made a Paper Loss on their property. Not to say stocks and shares. And many of these losses are `huge' to these individuals. Some even make as much as S$200K lossess! So, how can Feng Shui cure all these?
Let's all go to the fundamentals to guide us: Use our Heads (first) not our hearts!
Going forward, like family support or family bonding, these can far exceed our own personal failed `greed'.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 7/15/2003 7:44:02 AM, Anonymous wrote:
8. What really matters is that
whenever there is a change of
period, one interesting thing
to watch are the
`millionaires'.
9. In Singapore, this is
already beginning to happen.
The `richer' one is, the
harder one falls'.
For example, in the 1980's,
those who know about the Pan
Malaysian and the Carrian
Group saga.
Recently, we had a nominated
Member of parliament (who also
nearly wanted to vie for the
President of Singapore's post.
He was a teacher but `made' it
rich in his `low tech'
clothing company. Today, just
before, the turn of the new
period, he now owes millions
to banks.
10. Another case is the boss
of the $1.99 shop. Her
fortunes now turned in the
next period.
11. Frankly, many of this is
related more towards: Poor
strategic planning. For
example, ridiculously paying
high rental for mass market
products. But, also bad luck
e.g. SARs.
12. Many people are `small'
fries and live in "small"
homes. We should all be
contented that we at least
have our all our arms and
legs. And for most of us not
saddled with such burden. Of
course, some of us, do have
financial problems.
13. Let us all not create a
stampede or create fears. This
is simply `lunatic'. In a
stampede, some people can get
trampled and die. These are
innocent, people.
14. I always feel that this is
an appropriate statement:
"After the bitterness, comes
the sweetness"
"Avoid the self-fulfilling
prophercy" and avoid
"Auto-suggestion"
15. Recently, when I was
looking many client's palm, I
see lots of branches on the
heart line. This suggests too
much undue worry! Life is
short, so - make the best of
it!
Cheers!
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Thank you Cecil for sharing your thoughts on this matter.
I am in total agreement with you. Far too many people believe feng shui is the magic bullet for all their "ills".
When I tell them this, some can get quite annoyed ! And usually these are the people that have got themselves into a mess.
Sadly in this day and age we all seem to want instant gratification.
Cheers
Glyn