About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

what is the true facing direction

glyn

Hello Cecil
Thought I may throw this to the forum........
My fellow colleagues over here cannot agree on the facing of this townhouse.Any input appreciated.
There are 3 townhouses/condos on the block of land. Opposite the group on the west side is the Indian Ocean.
All townhouses are indentical in structure.The middle townhouse is the one in question.
The west side of each unit consists of a brick wall with corner windows in the SW and NW.Apart from these windows, the west wall faces directly on to the back wall of townhouse #1. So standing due west from townhouse #2 you see the backside of townhouse #1. Full ocean views are available from the corner windows in the SW and NW.
Because the sun sets in the west and can very hot here in summer, the developer obviously chose not to have windows on the west side to take advantage of the stunning views. However, as mentioned, the views from the NW and SW windows are quite stunning.
Along the north side of the townhouse is a balcony. Again full views of the ocean. The entry door is in the north but facing NW.
Further forms.......to the north is a 3 storey apartment block which the balcony faces. Again, as mentioned, full ocean views are available from every part of this balcony. To the south, a two storey apartment block, to the east a 3 storey home, to the west townhouse #1 and then directly in front of townhouse #1 the Indian Ocean.
A common driveway runs along the side of the three townhouses from west to east. The street address is that of a busy coastal highway running north - south.
The question.........what is the facing ? Is it west or north ?
I have constructed two flying star charts for the building but find the charts not definitive enough. The family and the two children have enjoyed good career and financial success since moving here, a modest win in the lotto as well.
Over to you.........Cecil ???
Kind regards
Glyn

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Glyn,
It would be best to see a picture of the town houses. But in my opinion, based on your key information below:-

Because the sun sets in the
west and can very hot here in
summer, the developer
obviously chose not to have
windows on the west side to
take advantage of the stunning
views. However, as mentioned,
the views from the NW and SW
windows are quite stunning.

The developer is in-tune with reality:)
In Singapore, how I wish, many developers would truly consider the heat from the west sun. I believe, in Perth, this can equally be quite hot.

Along the north side of the
townhouse is a balcony. Again
full views of the ocean. The
entry door is in the north but
facing NW.

Since the developer chose not to have any windows at the West; because of this, in my opinion, the frontage cannot be at this location.
Without the pictures or a street directory close-up map; I would personally think that "north side" where there is the full views of the ocean should instead be the facing direction. (And not the west even if it faces the ocean - unless, there are openings at this location).
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

thanks Cecil. I personally thought it may well be the north. However on
throwing the matter over to two other fs practitioners, one said west and
one said north.
Now I can go ahead and plan for period 8 and weaken 737 which is at the
facing which is now north..
Fire you mentioned last time and not yin water as I had planned. Red carpet
at entry ?
Candles upstairs in the north part of the living room ? Perhaps a candleabra
burning many candles.
Cheers and thanks
Glyn

• Staff

Dear Glyn,
Yes, I sincerely feel the same way as you do i.e. North i.e. main door with 737.
Yes, overall, just the token red floor mat is a better option to help neutralise #3.
If you do not mind, free feel to post your contact numbers.
Anyone staying especially in Perth or Australia, feel free to consult Glyn. She has continiously proven to be very focused and an asset to the Feng Shui community - given her many years of research into authentic Feng Shui:)
Wishing you all the best in your Australia practise:)
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 7/15/2003 5:16:53 AM, Anonymous wrote:
thanks Cecil. I personally
thought it may well be the
north. However on
throwing the matter over to
two other fs practitioners,
one said west and
one said north.
Now I can go ahead and plan
for period 8 and weaken 737