About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Geylang Properties

Hi Cecil
thanks for the lesson on Jade. I did not realise that this piece of stone has such negative connotations to it. Interesting I must say.
I had in fact held the same view as many Singaporeans about Geylang until very recently when I was in the vicinity to view some recently launched projects.
You are right to point out that Geylang is viewed as a low class area and residents are often stigmatised when they tell their friends they stay there.
However I have been impressed with the scale of change in the place particularly at the odd no. lorongs. In fact the prostitution happens only at the small and even no. lorongs (from lorong 4-22) which is opposite and quite a distance away from the odd no. streets. The saga you mentioned that was played out on TV happens around lorong 14 involving residents at Wing Fong Court/Mansion whereby prostitutes can be seen outside the condo development. Many developments have taken place in the area recently which lead me to conclude that the gem or jade or pearl hidden in the area is indeed in the process of being uncovered.
MRT is in fact close by - Aljunied and Paya Lebar. The circle line MRT would include a another new underground station to be built adjacent to the exisiting Paya Lebar station thereby making it a de facto MRT interchange by 2005. So I would not exactly say that MRT is not close by the place. Indeed the land area around Paya Lebar MRT (Interchange) has been slated for commercial and hotel developments by URA. The new billion dollar Kallang sports hub to be completed by 2009 is in fact at the door step of Geylang.
It is all these factors (plus the food of course) which attracted me to the place. I am not a resident yet but is seriously considering purchasing a unit at REGAL 35. 15 lorong 35 Geylang. (freehold). Its about 5 mins walk to the new MRT interchange.
I hope the above would be good enough reasons for you to visit the place and to take a look at some of the new projects built there so that the readers can benefit from your wise deliberations. But remember to stay on the ODD side!
Rgds.
Siew Yong.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Siew Yong,
Yes, I agree with you that Geylang has changed alot:)
And you are right to say that the Aljunied/Paya Lebar MRT station is near-by to the Sims/Geylang area.
Sorry, this is off-topic:-
In fact; when corner coffee shop next to Katong Mall closed down; I really missed the very hot and spicy wanton noodle stall at this coffee shop.
And a few years ago, I chanced upon this coffee shop, which shares the same link fence with the Aljunied MRT station. (Close to the Koi shop). Although, this wanton noodle stall cannot match the Katong Mall - I find this as an acceptable subsitute:)
Overall, no matter how, one can say that I am truly biased with the word "GEYLANG".
For example let me share this *Joke* which I had just thought out:-
Senario
=======
Couple: Mr & Mrs Tan, who are currently staying at Mountbatten Road, Katong.
Mrs Tan had several times forgiven Mr Tan for his infidelity.
One day, Mr Lim, a long time friend and primary school classmate bought an apartment in GEYLANG. And wanted to invite his classmate Mr Tan to have dinner with his family.
Overheard this converstation over the phone:
Mr Tan: Dear, I am having dinner with a FRIEND.
Mrs Tan: OK, don't be too late.
Mr Tan: Sure, no problem, it is only in GEYLANG.
Mrs Tan: (Had a misunderstanding....) WHAT! SPENDING TIME AT GEYLANG WITH A FRIEND??? NEVER "DIE" BEFORE IS IT?".
The morale of this story is "No matter which part of geylang one stays; one is STILL IN GEYLANG!"
Cheers!
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 13 years later...