About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Let the buyer beware!/Research your practitioner

I can't speak for the rest of the world, but in the U.S., Feng Shui is becoming, in some circles, sadly, a fad. It is being lumped in with every other New-Agey fad. It seems to be a matter of: "Well, I tried channeling, and that didn't work, I tried bodywork, that didn't work - I know---Feng Shui!"
I was rather horrified to learn that an acquaintance who wasn't making a living a Reiki massage took a weekend Feng Shui workshop, and is now offering her services as a practitioner. Her logic is: there's no one else in the area. One watered down book is being cited as a "good reference," and lots of walls in town are being painted pink! A few people (the lucky ones) have ended up with better furniture placement.
I have spent the past few years reading, learning, and self-doubting. I wouldn't begin to believe that I have even scratched the surface! I still post very "beginner" type questions to the free advice forum.
I mentioned flying stars to this new practitioner. She gave me a rather startled look, and said "she didn't know about that."
Please make sure of the background and experience of anyone you intend to hire. 40 years experience in China would sound good to me!!!! Students new to Feng Shui can learn more on their own, with the help of a few good books and this website, than many "practitioners" can teach them.
Regina Cohn

• 4 years later...
Sponsored Link

As I have said before,many bazi and fengshuilearnersjump on the bandwagon just to rake it in,and quickly too.Not only new practitioners,but the so-called experienced ones are,well,obsessed with money too.That's why they need to have fengshui "conventions",advertise full-page in the papers, etc,in order to raise their public profiles in the world.

Paying close to S$300 just for a bazi reading?For that amount,you can get many good books on bazi and read up yourself,or read the postings on bazi forums.

Am rather curious what "secrets"the "experts" will graciously "transmit" to the audienceat the coming Singapore fengshui"convention" at Suntec City.At last year's(2007) "convention",besides the wrong prediction made about the STI and other global affairsby a well known practitioner from Singapore,anotherpractitioner predicted that George W.Bush is likely to have the US army invade Iran before he leaves office this year.

Wonder what predictions will Ms Lxxx Txx make about 2009?Listen carefullyto any predictions made by any of the practitioners about 2009,make careful records of them,and find outon the last day of 2009 if they are indeed accurrate.If they are,then they really know their stuff.If they are not.............Or perhaps they need to ask the economists?Or just make some general predictions which my neighbour Ah Huat also knows through reading the papers?

I am anxiouslywaiting for predictions about the STI again.....