About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Do dead stars still have strength/energy?

Dear Master Lee,
In your responses, you advise us to keep the 3 stars (base-water-mountain) in balance and also to keep in mind the strength of each star based on the 9 cycles. But when stars are considered "dead", do their elements still exist to be used for balance? For example, in period 8, our central palace has 6B-8M-4W. The 8 is ruling so it is alive and strong. But I believe 4 and 6 are considered "dead" for period 8. Is it correct for us to think that only the single energy of the #8 is present in the central palace? With the base star and water star dead, we don't have to worry about the three star combination M-W, M-B, W-B?
We will be very grateful for your time and help.
Warmest Regards,
Nhan

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Nhan,
1. In my opinion, no. One should not only consider specifically the base #8 as an active star.
2. This is because, some FS schools have even "sidelined" the base number. And some of the FS schools placed emphasis on the MS # and WS #.
3. I feel that all three variables: Base, MS and WS are equally important. And also because under Period 7, #4 is bad number.
4. But, under Period 8, it is felt that it is a "mixed-blessing" star. Some FS practitioners feel that #4 is a good star. While others like me, would say that it is a "mixed blessing".
5. This is because, central to Flying Star Feng Shui is what is known as the 81 interpretations. This is the permutation of 1 with 1, 1 with 2..... 2 with 1 up to 9 with 1... 9 with 9. A total of 81 different combinations.
6. In addition, often many FS practitioners understand relations like MS#1 with WS#4 etc...
7. In history, we understand that even so called "dead" volcanoes may erupt at anytime.
8. And using the term "dead" is similar to a one-dimension look at the numbers.
9. If we understand the Flying Star numerology, correctly, some people may view it from a two-dimension view. But, the highest state of understanding is that is actually a three-dimensional model encomphasing: Five Elements concept, 81 combinations, Flying star rulesets e.g. Pearl String, Sum-of-ten, Up mountain, down water etc....
10. Therefore, in a 20-Year Flying Star analysis, even if a number or number(s) are dead, they are still combined in a Base / Mountain / water star group to derive the influence of a sector.
11. And it is said still "posess" energy. As this engergy is based on it's element and strength.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 1/29/2004 8:01:01 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Master Lee,
In your responses, you advise
us to keep the 3 stars
(base-water-mountain) in
balance and also to keep in
mind the strength of each star
based on the 9 cycles. But
when stars are considered
"dead", do their elements