About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Odd Shape Property

myfs_88310

Dear Master. Cecil:
My house (single family, detached) is situated on an odd shape piece of land. Nonetheless, there is no fence, no tree, or anything that delineates the boundary of my land and adjacent properties; therefore, it is not an odd shape "visually". What I mean "an odd shape piece of land" is in accordance with my knowledge.
Does it still mean that my house is on an odd shape piece of land? Thank you.
Warm Regards,
Jen

Sponsored Link

• Staff

dear Jen,
1. If there is no boundary and the entire piece of land seamlessly looks like merging with the entire area, than, this is far better off! Than, purposely demarcating boundary. Where, it will clearly show as a truly odd shaped piece of land.
2. Generally, we should not be too fearful of odd shaped piece of land. Unless often it affects the drainage of the land.
3. Overall, after reading your note, I do feel sad, not because of your land but the fact that I live in a country that not only must one have a fence but it has to be relatively high or prevent unauthorised people coming into it.
4. In Asia, and especially in Singapore the norm for a landed property home is "detering fences/brick walls" ; in addition it is common to find alarm systems. And yeah! the traditional guard dogs!
But the guard dogs are often truly a laughing matter! As many local owners here don't keep dobermans etc... but rather poodles or small pet dogs that barks louder than they ever can bite!
More importantly, the landscaping surrounding your own home should be as "rectangular" as possible. This is fair enough.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 2/22/2004 10:21:36 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Master. Cecil:
My house (single family,
detached) is situated on an
odd shape piece of land.
Nonetheless, there is no
fence, no tree, or anything
that delineates the boundary
of my land and adjacent
properties; therefore, it is