About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Five Elements Compatibility

Dear Sir:

I am interested to know more about the five elements. How important are they compared with the animal horoscope? How do you choose a compatible mate - do you base the compatibility on the animal year sign? how do you rate the importance? - or do you base the compatibility on the element sign for the year? i.e. I am a water rat, which is compatible with dragon. Do I have to choose a metal dragon? I guess he is too old for me.Laughing

Although I am a water rat, based on your reading I have a strong earth sign. Does it mean, that I will not be good in real estate business or a construction business? It shows mein advantage if I work more on my metal and wood sign, which is accounting, finance, or investment. I love to open a dress, householdor knitting factory, design new items for home, buy and sell computer and communication gadgets, and invest my money on real estate. But per your reading, none of them are favorable. Or does it mean the other way, since I have a strong earth sign, I will be good in real estate business. Please explain.

Thanks.

Best Regards, Mariechel Ang Go

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,

I am interested to know more about the five elements.How important are they compared with the animal horoscope?

Five element is a way we personalised the ba zi as well as attempt to relate yourself to the environment. ie career, colours, direction etc.

This is one way of analysing a relationship ie:-

• weak wood vs strong water is compatible based on five element relationship.

Another more detailed way is also to include the Horoscope or Earthly Branch ie:-

• a weak wood rat vs strong water dragon - Most compatible

• a weak wood rat vs strong water ram - Less compatible because Rat and Ram not very compatible.

The full element and horoscope signs makes an analysis more detailed thus more able to give you additional level of compatibility analysis.

How do you choose a compatible mate - do you base the compatibility on the animal year sign? how do you rate the importance? - or do you base the compatibility on the element sign for the year?

Generaly, of course it is ideal to have the best match for both element and horoscope, but in reality sometimes this is not possible. As such as long as the element between the two signs are good or horoscopesigns match, this is considered acceptable.

i.e. I am a water rat, which is compatible with dragon. Do I have to choose a metal dragon? I guess he is too old for me.

This depends on weak or strong, five element have a couple of variations which are still compatible:-

• ie. weak Wood vs Strong Water

• ie. weak water vs weak metal

• ie. weak water vs weak wood

So ideally if you are Strong Water Rat, the weak Wood Dragon would be a good match. If you are a weak Water Rat, then Strong Metal Dragon would be best match. However, as you mentioned yourself, even if the match is best but there is a big age difference, then it is still better to go for another element sign of the Dragon which still be quite compatible.

Although I am a water rat, based on your reading I have a strong earth sign. Does it mean, that I will not be good in real estate business or a construction business? It shows mein advantage if I work more on my metal and wood sign, which is accounting, finance, or investment. I love to open a dress, householdor knitting factory, design new items for home, buy and sell computer and communication gadgets, and invest my money on real estate. But per your reading, none of them are favorable.

Generally, Feng Shui analysis tries to make sense of yourself to the environment. If you are a Strong Earth, then obviously, any element which helps to control your excessive Earth would be good.

How good or bad, then you have to use the balance of the five element to further fine tune the analysis. iea person can be a strong earth due to too much fire, or too much earth. So even if you are a Strong Earth, but you have 50% Fire, and 0% Earth, that means your strong Earth is due to excessive Fire, so even some Earth would be good. As the ultimate goal is to have 20% of each element for a perfect harmony.

So the ba zi only tries to let you know what areas are potentially better to improve your luck, you can play around with the different elements of the careers to attempt mix and match those which will fit you best. Each career and sub area of focus will determine the industry element as well as job scope element.

ie. working in a construction industry is Earth element, but if your job scope is the Sales and Marketing within the Construction industry, then your job scope is Fire element.

Often, it is ideal that your job industry is favourable as well as job scope. But these are all just guides.

Ultimately, how well you do also depends entirely on your interest as well as the necessary skills you might have that may make you successful in that field. ie a Sales person is likely to be successful if you have very good pursuation skills.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

On 1/7/2005 3:42:11 AM, Anonymous wrote:

Dear Sir:

I am interested to know more

about the five elements.

How important are they

compared with the animal

horoscope? How do you

choose a compatible mate - do

you base the compatibility on

the animal year sign? how do

you rate the importance? - or

do you base the compatibility

on the element sign for the

year? i.e. I am a water rat,

which is compatible with

dragon. Do I have to

choose a metal dragon? I

guess he is too old for me.

Although I am a water rat,

based on your reading I have a

strong earth sign. Does

it mean, that I will not be

good in real estate business

or a construction

business? It shows

mein advantage if I work

more on my metal and wood

sign, which is accounting,

finance, or investment.

I love to open a dress,

householdor knitting

factory, design new items for

home, buy and sell computer

and communication gadgets, and

invest my money on real

estate. But per your

reading, none of them are

favorable. Or does it

mean the other way, since I

have a strong earth sign, I

will be good in real estate

business. Please

explain.

Thanks.

Best Regards, Mariechel Ang Go

Dear Sir:

A follow up to my question: i.e. ifI haveyear sign of a metal monkeybut my day stemhave an earth element,how do I choose a compatible mate? a. Do I have to choose someone who have a water or earth sign to match it with my metal monkey or b. Do I have to choose someone who have a metal or fire sign to match it with myday stem element which isan earth element. (If youmake an analysis of the situation - the compatibility of the earth elementcontradicts the compatibility of my metal element) So which is much more important???

If the day stem is more important than the year element in choosing a compatible mate, do I have to look for somebody based on their day stem or majority of their element? i.e. my day stem is earth, do I have to look for someone who have a water or fire in their day element? or someone who have majority element of water or fire eventhough their day stem is not water or fire?

If the 10 year forecasts shows that luck is against you? Does that mean that I cant have a favorable life or reach my goal? How do I change it?

Sincerely yours,Mariechel