About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

hi master!

in myoverall summarreport, it said that i am water 14%, wood 7%, fire 47%, earth 28%, metal 1%.it is saidthat well balance is when a person has 20% of the each element. does it mean that i need to ehance my water, wood and metal while reducing my fire? however metal is identified to be my most unfavourable element andhence i should avoid.i'm confused. kindly advice.

whathappens if my partner is a strong metal? will it add on to my metal element balance or be the most unfavourable element? what can i do about it?

also, what's the best way to enhance an element?

thanks for your advice and guidance!

edwin

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Hi Edwin,

edwin tay wrote:
in myoverall summarreport, it said that i am water 14%, wood 7%, fire 47%, earth 28%, metal 1%.it is saidthat well balance is when a person has 20% of the each element. does it mean that i need to ehance my water, wood and metal while reducing my fire? however metal is identified to be my most unfavourable element andhence i should avoid.i'm confused. kindly advice.

The thing here is that a weak person wants to be a stronger to attain harmony, while a strong person is too strong as such needs to be curbed a little. So the ultimate goal is to be a balanced person.

A balanced person is defined as when you get 20% of each of the five element at a single point in time. However, it is virtually impossible to be able to assess a person's element breakdown at any time, as it is not possible for you to be able to determine say how much of an element is this house you are staying giving you. Or how much the clothes you are wearing is adding to your luck.

As such, the way go about enhancing your luck is by focusing on the elements that favours you and avoiding the ones which do not favour you.

In your case, a weak wood person, means that you need more Water (14%) and Wood (7%). So what this tells me is that you are a weak Wood because you lack more Wood than Water. As such, you should have more Wood elements rather than Water elements.

In terms of your unfavourable, Metal (1%) and Fire (47%), means that you should avoid Fire since you already have too much of it more than Metal. Since these are generally considered your unfavourable element, you should avoid having them if possible. However, it does not mean you should avoid it completely. You need a little of each element in order to attain balance. So that means that having some Metal even though it isn't your favourable is better than having fire element which will make you too weak given that you have too much fire.

So you use this as a guide to fine tuning your elements.

edwin tay wrote:
whathappens if my partner is a strong metal? will it add on to my metal element balance or be the most unfavourable element? what can i do about it?

Yes, if your partner is Strong Metal, it does add to your metal. As mentioned, since you do lack some Metal, having some metal will be ok for you. Just do not add too much more of it then necessary.

In this case, if you can have some Water this will help convert the strong Metal into Water which in turn strengthen your weak Wood.

edwin tay wrote:
also, what's the best way to enhance an element?

The best way to enhance the element, is by taking note of what elements you should have more, and have them in as many parts of your life as possible:-

ie. House - North = Water element

ie. Career - Wood = Healthcare for example.

ie. Colours - Water (blue/black/gray), Wood (green/brown)

The more areas in your life that is suitable for you, the better your luck will be.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

Hi Master Lee,

Thanks for your reply has been a great help! On this note, I would also like to find out how should I enhance my luck and the balance of my element by means of decorative objects. I've read about using water features, Guan Gong and dragon figurines etc. Is this another school of Feng Shui?

Would it begoodif I were toset up Feng Shui for my desk using the Bagua Directionand the elements, Eg Water to the South, Wood to the West, Fire to the North, Metal to the East using ornaments? Since I have too much Fire, would this Fire in the north increase the Fire in me?

Thanks once again!

Edwin