About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Balancing the 5 elements in my workplace/desk

myfs_112788

Hi Master!

I would like to find out how should I balance the 3 elements of my work desk with Earth, Wood, Water, Metal, Fire? Also, as I'm a weak wood and the fire element in me is quite high, does the'fire' ornament I use to balance my desk increase my 'fire'?

Is a dracaena fragans plant (http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/54287/) good for fengshui? does it belong to the wood element and where's the best place to place it? Can it be used to balance one of theelement of my desk?

Thanks so much once again for your help.

Edwin

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Hi Edwin,

edwin tay wrote:
I would like to find out how should I balance the 3 elements of my work desk with Earth, Wood, Water, Metal, Fire? Also, as I'm a weak wood and the fire element in me is quite high, does the'fire' ornament I use to balance my desk increase my 'fire'?

One should always rememeber that in Feng Shui, there are always important and least important cures. For example to improve a person luck, the main luck comes from the Home (ie a suitable house element), followed by career (ie sutiable career), and followed by other areas such as colours (of your bedroom, car, clothings etc).

As long as you get the above right, even if your work area isn't completely suitable it really does not matter as much. This is because unless you are the boss or key personal in the office, you are unlikely to be able to influence much of where to choose your sitting position or change the colour scheme of the decor. So most cases, most people will not be able to do much at their small work place.

So anything that you can place to make it more pleasing for you to work in will be a big plus. So if you have favourate pictures, or photos, or plants or objects that you like, no harm placing it at your desk. This is because if you feel comfortable with the area you work in, then you will tend to have less stress and be able to focus on your work more.

edwin tay wrote:
Is a dracaena fragans plant (http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/54287/) good for fengshui? does it belong to the wood element and where's the best place to place it? Can it be used to balance one of theelement of my desk?

Plants are generally good to have. As they are both pleasing and add colour to the normally dull work area. Yes, most plants if any are considered wood so if you lack or favour wood element, then no harm having some plants.

But again more importantly, focus on your other major area such as your home, your clothing or personal objectcolour. These will enhance you no matter where you are working.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET- Center for Applied Feng Shui Research