About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Land shape - Front wide, back narrow

myfs_114956

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Maggie,

It is very common to find a plot of land which is wide at the front and narrow at the back.

Under Shapes and Forms Feng Shui, the "opposite" is true i.e. the plot of land is narrow at the front and wide at the back.

What is more important are:
1. where is the location of the water course (if any) such as water course coming into the home and draining out of the home.

2. what is the contour like etc....

For example, take a look the attachment -- at this "entrapped" home in Singapore -- Very inauspicious home!

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Quote:

Maggie Lua wrote:
I just bought a house and the land is front wide and the back narrow. This is not auspicious? If yes, what should I do?

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Hi,

Thank you for your advice. Just to clarify your reply. You mentioned that the "opposite" of Front Narrow Back Wide is "true". In this situation, the word "true" mean Front Narrow Back Wide is inauspicious or Front Wide Back Narrow is bad?

Thank you once again.

Maggie

• Staff

Dear Maggie,

Sorry, what I meant was that in general, "it-depends" such as is the plot of land flat? -OK

Or is the back sloping downwards a hill? -Inauspicious

In particular, how the home is constructed on this plot of land is equally important, inclusive of water course (such as drains etc...)

Thus, generally, there is no right or wrong answers: it depends on Location, location, location. Each plot has to be reviewed on it's own basis since there can be different interpretations of how wide or how narrow....

But generally, other than what I had attached earlier "an entrapped" home; I have known of many homes which have been constructed, stayed in such as "front wide-back narrow" or "front narrow-back wide".

Therefore " IT-DEPENDS!".

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Quote:

Maggie Lua wrote:
Thank you for your advice. Just to clarify your reply. You mentioned that the "opposite" of Front Narrow Back Wide is "true". In this situation, the word "true" mean Front Narrow Back Wide is inauspicious or Front Wide Back Narrow is bad?

• Staff

Dear All,

Further to what I had mentioned, nearly in some developments (or site) there can be possibly plot(s) of land that are either:

1. Front-wide ; back-narrow

or

2. Front-narrow ; back-wide

On the attached layout plan, I have already marked two plots of land: one plot in blue outline and another in pink outline. Please check out the attachment.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

• 13 years later...
Guest Shweta

Hello, we are looking to buy a house and attached is the floorplan. The north west corner of the plot is rounded due to the rounded road. Also master bedroom and kitchen are in North west. Please suggest if this is very inauspicious and we should not go ahead with the purchase. Your help will be highly appreciated.Floor plan

Screenshot_20190407-010715.png

• Staff
7 minutes ago, Guest Shweta said:

Hello, we are looking to buy a house and attached is the floorplan. The north west corner of the plot is rounded due to the rounded road. Also master bedroom and kitchen are in North west. Please suggest if this is very inauspicious and we should not go ahead with the purchase. Your help will be highly appreciated.Floor plan

Screenshot_20190407-010715.png

Frankly, hard to visualise with just this layout plan. Firstly it is blur. As well as no external perspectives. 

Guest Shweta
3 hours ago, Cecil Lee said:

Frankly, hard to visualise with just this layout plan. Firstly it is blur. As well as no external perspectives. 

Below is the link to property advert. This should have most of the information and a clear floor plan, street view ,map etc.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/s6p/70527649

Guest Shweta

Hello, thank you very much for taking a look. Please see the below link. This is link to property advertisement and contains all the information like pictures, floorpan, map, street view etc. Please let me know if you need any further information to analyse this. Thank you again for your help.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/s6p/70527649

• Staff

Thanks for the information.

1. In my opinion, in general, the external looks acceptable with gated surroundings.

2. Some are affected by kitchen at NW, others not so.

3. Bedroom at NW and other factors includes the suitability to the owners need to be considered...

3.1 Such as the Eight house chart to the right

41C55D55-8A43-4EB7-AAA1-ED3967338843.thumb.png.8d5964376c0f29a82343d9e25cca21ea.png

3.2  And finally the three major considerations: 

D6724981-0973-43D4-95B0-5579C53459BF.png.df178338a2f1525bdc68efd7a8ac579c.png

The above three are looked at to have a final holistic look at the house.

4. Resource on Kitchen at NW and why some are not affected by this:

The relevant page from the above resourceBACFE651-3CC9-4BF2-9D83-15EAC2BBE7FA.thumb.jpeg.3f8483aa1d25e55d74210e6f2ae4b6a4.jpeg