About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

indirect spirit of Period 8

I have read that it is a good idea to built a water feature in the SW of the garden to tap the indirect spirit of Period 8, bringing in big money luck. Can I harvest this by putting an aquarium in the SW corner of my living room or dining room instead? I am unsure if this applies to only outdoors.

Sponsored Link

Dear Paulina,

paulina lim wrote:
I have read that it is a good idea to built a water feature in the SW of the garden to tap the indirect spirit of Period 8, bringing in big money luck. Can I harvest this by putting an aquarium in the SW corner of my living room or dining room instead? I am unsure if this applies to only outdoors

Canyou harvest this by putting an aquarium in the SW corner of yourliving room or dining room depend on the following conditions :

1. The Mountain Star is untimely or not in Period 8.

2. The Water Star is untimely or not in Period 8.

The untimely stars in Period 8 are stars 2, 4, 5 and 7.

The timely stars in Period 8 are stars 8, 9,and 1.

The safe and usable stars in Period 8 are stars 3 and 6.

If both Mountain Star and Water Star are either timely or safe and usable, you can place an aquarium to enhance the auspicious stars there.

If either Mountain Star or Water Star is untimely, you cannot place the water feature there because the water feature will strengthen the inauspicious and malevolent star there to harm you. Instead of placing a water feature, I suggest you place a Yin water feature (a waterfall picture or nine fish picture) there to tap the indirect spirit of Period 8.

Hope these Feng Shui tips willhelp you.

Thank you.

Best regards always,

David Ooi

• 2 years later...

Anonymous wrote:
1. The Mountain Star is untimely or not in Period 8.

The untimely stars in Period 8 are stars 2, 4, 5 and 7.

I have a SW1 facing house with a sum of ten configuration, does that mean that because the front of the house has a mountain star #5 I cannot activatethe waterstar#8with yang water? I was planning to put a koi pond just outside the front door? How come some say that if you put a yang water feature where a bad mountain star this will effectively ?drown? and inactivate the bad mountain star?

fficeffice" />

• Staff

It is good to have the water feature. And it is good to drown #5.

SW happens to be also the "indirect" water wealth spirit location. And advantages to have a medium to large sized pond at that location.

Quote:

I have a SW1 facing house with a sum of ten configuration, does that mean that because the front of the house has a mountain star #5 I cannot activatethe waterstar#8with yang water? I was planning to put a koi pond just outside the front door? How come some say that if you put a yang water feature where a bad mountain star this will effectively ?drown? and inactivate the bad mountain star?

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 2 years later...

Cecil L. wrote:

>

In regards to your reply RE: SW being an "indirect" water wealth spirit location for P8/SW1 facing house, you mentioned that having a medium to large size pond in the SW would be beneficial.
My question is:
Does it matter the exact location for the pond/water fountain in SW (SW1?? or SW2/3??)...exact degree location for the pond/water fountain??
For examaple: Husband and wife both Kua 7 with a Period 8 home (2 story)having a front facing and main entrance at SW1 (216 degrees), but the main entry is located in the SW 2/3 quadrant (227-247 degrees)and front facing at SW1 (216 degrees). Cana medium to large3 tier water fountain be placed within full view of the main entrance in front yard?
Also, across the street the land is lower and there is open space from neighbor's yard and homes on either side of this open space...similar to 2 hands clasping together with lower basin.
Land in back higherwith open space in the back. From the street, looking at the P8 SW1 facing house, the houseto the right is 2 story. House to the left is 1 story.

Drainage exit point is located at S2/3 with water flow right to left. Exit point benefit "wealth"?

On 10/1/2008 10:13:59 AM, Anonymous wrote:
It is good to have the water
feature. And it is good to
drown #5.
SW happens to be also the
"indirect" water wealth spirit
location. And advantages to
have a medium to large sized
pond at that location.
Quote:
I have a SW1 facing house with
a sum of ten configuration,
does that mean that because
the front of the house has a
mountain star #5 I cannot
activatethe
waterstar#8with yang
water? I was planning to put a
koi pond just outside the
front door? How come some say
that if you put a yang water
feature where a bad mountain
star this will effectively
?drown? and inactivate the bad
mountain star?

• Staff

>Does it matter the exact location for the pond/water fountain in SW (SW1?? or SW2/3??)...exact degree location for the pond/water fountain??
Usually, it is best to draw-up a 20-Year Flying Star chart and analyse the mountain and water stars at that sector IN addition with the overall Shapes and Forms Feng Shui.

Thus, if these two considerations are met:-
1. The SW sector is often an open space especially at the frontage of the home; then it is considered a "promising" candidate. But subject to the use of the 20-Year Flying Star chart of that sector.
2. It would even be more excellent if that sector has says a #8 water star or even a #1 water star at that sector.
3. You cannot just simply "plug my previous" statement out of the air and assume that all SW sectors automatically is the place to activate the water feature.
4. In addition, it is good to have an idea of what is the annual Flying Star at that sector. Thus, if you are new or intent to place a water feature, but for that year the dreaded #3 = quarrels, conflicts and lawsuits falls at SW; then it is best to avoid the placement : especially if one does not know how to "activate" all five elements in a water feature. Reference: http://fountain.geomancy.net (under Para 2.1. to 2.12).
5. Sorry, usually, I just skim the surface of messages loaded with lots of text and no or zero sketches or photos...
6. Other considerations:-
6.1. Kua number(s) especially if one is trying to activate something say outside the home has no relevance to it. Thus one can have kua number 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5...
6.2 Yes, every Flying star sector has it's own ruleset of how best water should drain out of the home. This is not within the scope of this general free advice forum. This is about water dragon classics. And no direct relation to whether you want to place a water feature at SW sector.
6.3 If you see many of the pie chart drawn by geomancers; we use the "eye-ball" method to determine whether it is appropriate for a water feature. Tell, me how many geomancers can even let you know at e.g. 212.3 degrees! Unless one is a surveyor; with the most modern tools; then you are assured that 212.3 degrees (from the center of gravity) of your home: is correct.
6.3.1 If one really practice or try to practise: the exact compass direction: in Hokkien; we call such people: "see bey kia-su or kia-see" = (scared to die)..
6.4 In the first place: G.I.G.O. (garbage-in; garbage-out) applies. More importantly, or fundamentally, the compass directions should be "spot-on". Thus, what is the use of getting the compass direction wrong in the first place and one thinks that the sector is SW but maybe in actual fact it could be South sector?
6.5 Thus, under the G.I.G.O concept; if you get the center of gravity or centrepoint (centerpoint) of your home wrong, so does you may end up with so called wrong degrees.

On 1/28/2011 3:34:45 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Cecil L. wrote:happens to be also the "indirect" water
wealth spirit location. And advantages
to have a medium to large sized pond at
that location.

In
regards to your reply RE: SW being an
"indirect" water wealth spirit location
for P8/SW1 facing house, you mentioned
that having a medium to large size pond
in the SW would be beneficial. My
question is: Does it matter the exact