About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Period 7 or Period 8??

Hi,

I am currently considering buying a property as a business location and home, and am coinfused as to whether it will be period 7 or 8. Construction started in Dec 2003 and the foundations were put in and the outside walls built. This work was finished in March 04.

If I purchase I will need to fit electricty, water and some new internal walls. Can I safely say this house will definately be period 8?

Looking forward to your help

Chris

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Chris Tomley,

Chris Tomley wrote:
I am currently considering buying a property as a business location and home, and am coinfused as to whether it will be period 7 or 8. Construction started in Dec 2003 and the foundations were put in and the outside walls built. This work was finished in March 04.

Usually, we consider when all the work is completed SoMarch 2004, should be considered when the house is completed. Therefore, it is a period 8.

Chris Tomley wrote:
If I purchase I will need to fit electricty, water and some new internal walls. Can I safely say this house will definately be period 8?

Yes, if you install new internal walls, it is very safe to say that you will have converted it to a new period as the layout of the house is altered.

Anyway, the building is also likely to be period 8 anyway due to the face that it is completed only in Mar 2004.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

• 2 years later...

Dear Robert/Cecil,
My house was constructed in 1997 with toilet only without room but have main door already. I started renovating it in dec 2003. Putting tiles, built bedroom, kitchen, etc. It was competed and I also moved in april 2004. Is my house considered period 8 also although it was constructed in 1997.
Thank you.

• Staff

1. Usually, the "rule of thumb" is a home + yang qi or with human activity.

2. Thus, it makes some sense that although the home was constructed under Period 7, however, human activity = yang qi is only present after we have moved-in.

3. Nevertheless, if one were to apply Flying Star chart to such a home; never never assume that the home is a Period 7 or 8 totally. Thus, if one were to do such an analysis, best to draw two flying star charts for the home. In many instances, as the years go by, a competent practitioner (or with commonsense anyone) can compare both charts to see which is more "accurate".

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net