About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Dislike my chinese name, should i change?

Hi Master,

I dislike my chinese namebutone feng shui masters claims that it has a good number of strokes altogether.All the while i never like to use it because it sounds cheap to me.

Even thoughmy namehas got a good number in terms of its strokes, should I changeit becausei feel that it is difficult to pronoun and these chinese characters doesn't sounds good to me?

Thanks in advance.

P.A.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,

Anonymous wrote:
I dislike my chinese namebutone feng shui masters claims that it has a good number of strokes altogether.All the while i never like to use it because it sounds cheap to me.

Name Stroke is one way to determine the luck of the name. But a good name stroke should also go with the name sound and name meaning. No point having a name that you do not like how it sounds.

Anonymous wrote:
Even thoughmy namehas got a good number in terms of its strokes, should I changeit becausei feel that it is difficult to pronoun and these chinese characters doesn't sounds good to me?

In general, our advise is no point changing once you reach an adult age. Simply because you will hardly use the full name especially if you have an western/english name. So really pointless to change if you hardly use it.

A name for a newborn will be extensively used especially in the school days. So that is why choosing a name for newborn is beneficial. But once you reach an working age, you are less and less likely to use your full name.

The name luck only impacts a small portion of your heaven luck area. So if you are changing just for the sake of improving luck, then no point. However, if you are changing because you really dislike it, then no harm.

In general, we do not usually advise changing a name unless it is really necessary.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research