About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Bazi - Birthday and Daylight Savings

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear C L,

c l wrote:

If you were born on a day with daylight savings applied (+1 hour), do I need to minus 1 hour when entering my birth date so that it is removed?

E.g if I was born at 12.30am on 2 Nov with daylight savings on. Do I enter my birth date to be 1 Nov or 2 Nov?

This is a topic that we have covered many times already.

1. The only true way to apply the timezone factor is through applying the long. and lat. of birth into the ba zi analysis. However, realistically, how many people really record the exact long. and lat. of birth? Very few, i am afraid.

2. GMT timezone difference is a very bad way to apply location factor, as it only considers one of the factor. Furthermore, GMT timezone has been simplified. So again, this makes using adjusting GMT time different less accurate.

3. Also, even a degree of error in your place of birth will likely make your chart less accurate than without this information. For examaple, even if one knows the hospital he/she was born in. The exact room in which he/she is born also gives different long. and lat. So how is one going to be sure the place where you are born is correct?

4. Furthermore, if you know how ba zi chart really works, the hour pillar really does not affect much of your luck forecast. As the luck forecast is comes more from the month pillar/year pillar. So essentially, even if your hour pillar is removed, the fundamental analysis still won't differ a great deal. It does help in determining your five element percentage and house of life pillar.So any differences is usually because your element was determined to be weak or strong. Fundamentally, the luck forecast won't change that significantly. That is why even if you do not provide the hour, a fairly accurate forecast can still be deduced.

5. Ba Zi is only meant to deduced the type of heaven luck (given luck) that you are supposed to have. When is up and downs for you. It does not really give you an accurate prediction of what had happened. This is because a person's luck is influenced by 3 types of luck:-

a) Heaven Luck - Luck that you are born with.

b) Earth Luck - Luck from your home and surrounding

c) Human Luck - Luck from your relationship with other people and your own hard work.

So even if a chart shows that your luck is very good for a year, but because your earth luck and human luck is bad for you, your luck would not be as good as what was predicted. So really, the ba zi only helps to show you in a very formatted why how your chart is balanced and how you can try to adjust your life to maximise the luck. The rest depends on your earth and human luck influence.

6. Feng Shui is designed in such a way that it has many fail safe and ways to counter check each theories flaws. As long as you apply all the available feng shui tools, each analysis will accurate help to re-enforce the other analysis and reduce any of the flaws of each concept. That is why is is more important to apply as many theories to give you a complete assessment rather than just depend on one concept.

That is why because of all the reasons above we normally advise users to just make use of your localtime. No adjustment of timezone is necessary. If really unsure, leaving it hour unknown is sometimes a better choice than trying to adjust the time which is more likely to create additional factor of inaccuracy.

So just use your localtime do not make any changes for any of our website tools.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

Robert Lee wrote:
That is why because of all the reasons above we normally advise users to just make use of your localtime. No adjustment of timezone is necessary. If really unsure, leaving it hour unknown is sometimes a better choice than trying to adjust the time which is more likely to create additional factor of inaccuracy.

I didn't think daylight savings is the same as timezone. So are you advising me that I should use daylight savings time?

• Staff

Dear C L,

c l wrote:
I didn't think daylight savings is the same as timezone. So are you advising me that I should use daylight savings time?

If you are referring to daylight savings, then yes it would probably be slightly different from timezone. Given that whenbazi was first invented, there isn't any such issues. So really, there is no one who can also say for sure what would be right or wrong. I have done research on the timezone portion but not on the daylight savings. So not able to comment much on this as well.

But in my opinion, the localtime that you use should be the one you should attempt to assess your ba zi with. So if your country in general uses daylight savings as the default timing, then just use that without any modification. This has been what we have been practising so far.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research