About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Toilet location

Dear Robert,

I noticed that one of your Earth Luck articles says that a common leak is due to the toilet being near the centre of the flat.

I will be picking a brand new flat from HDB soon and I realised that ALL the units have been designed such that the toilets are near to the centre of the unit. The toilet bowls are not right in the centre but it's a couple of metres away.

I would like to seek your opinion on how serious such a problem is and whether the issue can be rectified. If there's no remedy, it's going to be quite a tough decision.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Aaron,

Aaron Ng wrote:
I noticed that one of your Earth Luck articles says that a common leak is due to the toilet being near the centre of the flat.

This is a rather common now-a-days unfortunately. However, what you should also consider is that this is just one of the flaws available. A house is likely to have some flaws as it is almost difficult to find one without a single flaw (even if you build it yourself).

So as long as:-

1. The toilet is not directly at the center point, it should still be ok.If this is the case, try to keep the toilet seat cover and toilet door closed when not in use. Also, another way is try to trap the wealth before it leaks buy hanging a chinese luhu (bottle gourd) to attempt to symoblically trap the wealth before it leaks out.

2. There should not be other critical flaws available to add to your negative aspect when evaluating a house. Usually a bad feng shui house is where there are many major flaws present. Many major flaws together will normally create problems. If only one flaw, and other areas are still good. Then not a major issue.

So as long as there isn't too many other major flaws, and you follow the advise in point 1, should still be ok especially if there is no other choices available.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Le
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

• 12 years later...
  • Staff
Question: I read that the bed should not share the same wall as the toilet, nor should it be placed facing the bedroom door nor the bathroom door, which leaves me with a conundrum on where to place my bed. Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated!

1. Please note that: "bed should not share the same wall as the toilet" does not apply to ALL situations. It applies only in circumstances such as shown under the attachment.

More, click this link:-

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Can I install half-curtains to my toilet?

Location: Bedok Reservoir Village, Block 744 Bedok Reservoir Road in August of 2012

1. Key: filth; disgustingly dirty

2. Today, I was at a coffee-shop in Bedok Reservoir Road.

3. In order to enter the toilet area, one had to literally pass through a set of curtain screens.

4. I looked at the two curtain screens. And visually, they are pretty dirty. Just by the looks alone.

img_5852.jpg

5. Such curtain screens are a depository of some of the nasties germs around.img_5853.jpg

6. And to know, that parts of one's body has to come into contact with it is scary! Imagine one's face contact it; our protective layer of oil on our face will be breached..

6.1. Just look at the cloth screen.. so dirty.. Yucks!img_5854.jpg

7. Our computer keyboard is pretty dirty; just imagine unwashed hands or those who use the toilet did not wash their hands after using the WC etc..

8. Germs multiply very fast. And it is not like these curtains are washed daily or even weekly at all.

Appended by Cecil in 2017: Good news! I last visited this coffeeshop 5 years later.. and the entire coffeeshop was renovated.. and no more such nasty curtain screens. Simple opening leading in/out of the toilet.

K.I.S.S. = Keep it simple stupid

img_5850.jpgimg_5851.jpgimg_5855.jpgimg_5856.jpg

https://www.geomancy.net/forums/topic/13506-can-i-install-half-curtains-to-my-toilet/?tab=comments#comment-28397

• 3 years later...
  • Staff

Which has more bacteria, your cell phone or a toilet?

Source and Credit:

image.thumb.png.41f557cd46beaf0256709e7b1555ed07.png

You might think that a toilet has got to be way dirtier than your cell phone but you would be wrong.

A study has found that our cell phones are filthy and covered in bacteria way more than a toilet seat.